Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I tried to access Canvas, just now, using Internet Explorer, which I have been able to do since the start of 2019, only to be told that IE is no longer supported by Canvas. I have a Surface which does not tolerate Chrome or Firefox or any of the othe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-11-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello All,This is my first time using Canvas and I think I may have screwed something up. My school has a Canvas account set up through the district. I set up an account through a training session last year at one point but have not used it. Over the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to only receive notifications from the courses where you are Teacher? At our school, we've added each other as non-editing teachers so we can share calendars and try to balance assignments, but I receive notifications about all of the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am very overwhelmed.  I have a class of 3rd-6th graders and I teach all subjects.  What is the best way to organize this in canvas? For grading purposes, does each grade and subject need its own course? I started with weekly modules, but I'm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to be able to pull the current grade for all students, and be able to identify students that have a certain grade.I see how to do this for each course, how do I do this for all courses?I do not want to passback the assignment, just the current...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Team,Which features are now supported in Canvas for LTI advantage?Please provide all documents related to this.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all,Please could you advise if a course in a user's Past Enrollment list by default indicates that the enrolment status for that user's enrolment on the course is Concluded.I can't find anything that explicitly confirms the above i.e. that the sta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students cannot see the "Files" tab, though I have uploaded several documents to "Files."  When I look at the page under "student view", the "Files" tab is not present. Students can access Announcements, and the course is published.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to create an assignment where the students can see each other's uploaded documents. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, why the option to preview the files on RMIT Canvas is not available anymore since this semester? On semester 1 this year there was the option to preview the course files which was convenient. But now I cannot do anything other than download it wh...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm looking for a feature that allows me to select a random set of questions from a Question Bank for a quiz. I know that feature exists but I want to know if Canvas can select the random set of questions for a section or for a group of students o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what does it mean to have a title page seperate from your essays body??? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added my partner teacher as “teacher” to my Canvas class. Now, when my students send me a message, she receives it as well. Is it possible to change that so that we do not receive each other’s messages from our own students?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have three courses loaded on my dashboard from previous semesters. How can they be removed? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to have two children on one account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The discussions replies and documents do not load either in Safari or Chrome when viewing on Course Modules, Assignments, etc. Is there an extension or something I need to download?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I open the Rich Content Editor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In attempting to add an assignment for a late-registrant student to a quiz, I accidentally deleted the "Everyone" in the "Assign to" tab (clicked on the "x" on it).Since the class had already taken the quiz, I lost everyone's scores.  The quiz now sh...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delete assignment groups that work gets categorized into

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need a bit of help with rubrics.  I created this rubric for a lab report.I then realized I forgot the last criterion, added it and though I could drag it up under the "question" criterion.  I can't figure out how to do that. Question 1:  Do I have ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can i still join a particular course if its already closed? Cause I really want to join the course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My instructor wants to download all responses by students (for a single assignment) in one file. I know that Canvas allows us to download all submissions. But students' submissions are kept on different files. Is it possible to down all submissions o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My due dates on my Class discussions are not showing.  Why is that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-10-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

See above!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've set module completion requirements for a discussion to submit the assignment. The discussion is marked complete after a student posts their initial response, however 2 additional replies are required for full marks. The check mark leads some stu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How can I share course assignments and modules with other instructors? Thanks! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you log out

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

.i opt out a e-book,haven't been given,$$ back ,  How long before credit

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like students to be able to take practice quizzes in which: 1) if any questions are unanswered when the quiz is submitted, the correct answer will NOT show in the feedback, and 2) questions that a student answers correctly will not appear (or wil...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I make a dash, not two hyphens together, on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies