Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I've found Widgets (crosswords, other puzzles) available on Canvas.How does one go about being able to access them and use them in classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Last week I lost connectivity to my ebook from my canvas on my IPad. It will launch the index page but as soon as I click on the chapter I get the dots in perpetual loading state. I have the newest canvas app and the latest ios software. Please help....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-10-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to mute an assignment in speed grader.  I cannot see the speaker icon on my screen.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have posted supplemental videos on the Canvas site, and have asked students to watch them each week.  Is there a way I can see how many views each video has gotten? I'm not sure if my students are utilizing the videos to better understand course co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that you can export a Canvas calendar into a Google Calendar,BUT can you import a Google Calendar into the Canvas calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I check plagiarism for my research paper on canvas? is there any tool to check it? Please let me know if anybody knows the process of checking plagiarism on canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was interested in finding a way for students to take their own attendance when they are in class. Is there an assignment setting we can create so the students have to log in at the beginning of class and it gives them 'credit' for attendance in rol...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Due to the course load of md students, they are utilizing the Dashboard in list view to see what all is on the agenda for the week. The only items that show are the assignments and pages marked as 'to-do'. Items are obviously being missed in their st...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a few students who are reporting that the due dates for an assignment are not showing and there is no submission button. They change browsers and still nothing, but after a refresh it works, so pointing to a caching issue. The instructor has ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As you can see from the title... I have a RT saved copy of my syllabus... I simply (in one step please) need to paste it into my course page marked "Syllabus" in Canvas, for my SVA course... not all that other stuff in the two existing threads where ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why isn't it possible to to duplicate an event that's already been created?  As it stands, the duplication must be done at the time the event is created. This is a very constraining, requiring that an instructor know everything about a calendar in ad...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you delete classes/teachers that your students are not taking?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I understand Canvas's push for module organization for the student and I'm not opposed to it.  However I'm one month into school teaching 3 preps.  I am building my modules.  Everytime I go to add something to a module I find this:Since I do bellring...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Is there a way to find the email address of users in the inbox?  Currently it doesn't appear that there is a way to select on the name and find the direct email address within the system.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

WHEN I SHARE LINKS TO PUBLISHED QUIZZES AND SOME OTHER MATERIALS, MY STUDENTS GET THIS RESPONSE IN CANVAS : "ACCESS DENIED". HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I set an email to my canvas account, I receive numerous emails every time someone posts to any discussion. My question is how do I turn off email notifications from canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is my first semester using Canvas with my students.   I have them submitting assignments online.  When I open up that assignment will those students who have submitted their work appear on that page as done, or do I need to download to see who h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am a new student at CSU, my classes are just starting and I have a problem with my dash board. When I log in with my laptop I am able to log in but unable to view discussions and assignments. I am not sure what's missing. Can you please help....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I'm trying to combine a quiz, Mastery Paths and student groups--and not having any luck. I've developed a competency-based course. The course includes teamwork elements. We are going to ask students to identify how quickly they intend to compl...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to get more information on an assignment for class. The problem is I don't know how to email the instructor so I can get help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Suggestion for Canvas Guide:Would it be possible to create a Canvas Guide on the functionality of Groups--something that gives users (students, instructors, et al) a general overview of all the different things you can do in a group-- the nuts and bo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Trying to import question in QTI format to assignments as a quiz or test. How do I find my QTI version? Is this still a glitch that canvas is trying to fix?When I click details, there are no details. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-11-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do i access my SLCC canvas? When I log on it says this: This course content is offered under a CC Attribution Share Alike license. Content in this course can be considered under this license unless otherwise noted.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know in the new gradebook we can do a late policy, but is there any way to do it by category? For instance, late HW is -10% a day but late quizzes are -5% a day?Thanks.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I go in Canvas to create rubrics that I want to use later? I am not ready for them yet so do not want to create an assignment for them quite yet. However, the creation takes time, so I want to be able to have them in my rubric bank for when ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to access Canvas on my laptop every time I log in the Canvas page blinks. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created self sign up groups. Where do the students go to sign up for one of the groups?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I see the results for a survey distributed through Blueprint Courses? We created a school-wide survey for our students during advisory time to get feedback for our 1:1 rollout. Each grade level has a Blueprint Course pushed out to the adviso...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How I can contact the support team of Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Business EMD0619 ?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello community o/ I have a proctoring tool that is working fine on my off-line enviroment. Now i need to create a integration beetween my service and Canvas, but i'm kinda lost. I already have a lti integration with canvas using oAuth2. What i'm try...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies