Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

No log out button

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

new quiz tool

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can i post different dates for the same assignment that two classes do on different dates?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using the Attendance/Roll Call feature, and you ask for an attendance report for the entire class, it sends the report as an Excel document. However, the document doesn't show the columns in the correct order. For instance, it shows the students...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using canvas regular for a couple years now and have never experienced any problems with it. A couple days ago I logged in to my Canvas account and now neither my dashboard or any of the attached assignments will load. I read some of the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the difference between a pinned discussion and an unpinned discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I made an announcement in two courses on Quercus but now find I can't access the content of the announcements when I double click on the announcement tab.  Also, when I try to add a new announcement I click on the new announcement tab and nothing hap...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

there does not seem to be a time clock for the students..Am i missing a switch?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It would be nice for Canvas to be able automatically record completion of a discussion (by recording if a students posts) instead of instructors to have to record responses manually. The graded survey was suggested as an option, but students can't se...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hello, I'm a student currently studying at high school and taking a college class. Since I'm in two different schools, I have two seprate Canvas pages. I've been trying to find ways to connect the two together but it doesn't seem like I have the opti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and I student in canvas.  Through canvas I can only see the class I am teaching, but not the classes I am enrolled in.  How do I go about viewing my classes as a student? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, has anyone run into an issue where instructors to blueprinted courses receive notifications when a student in just one of the blueprinted courses (a course those instructors have no association to other than the blueprint apparatus) reserves time...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to assign the same grade to all students quickly without entering individually?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A student is having access issues with Canvas. He is able to log in, but then access to content (announcements, assignments, discussions, etc.) is forbidden.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a class list, in either xls or csv format to Canvas so that my students can see their course icon and get into the appropriate information they need?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm an admin and I need to make some changes to the teachers who are teaching various courses.  I know that I can ADD a user from outside of the course by clicking on the "+" sign, but what is the fastest way to remove a teacher?  Must I go into ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 Replies

How do I leave an old class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

why will my dashboard show up on my MacBook Pro and not my iMac?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I send an email in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set up the classes I am taking in Canvas?When I login to Canvas I don't see my classes. What should I do to set it up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I fix this and what do I need to do to get my classes back on my dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think there might be a bug with Canvas. I have activated my attendance menu several times on my navigation screen on my web-based Canvas, but when I open the app to take attendance, attendance doesn't show up on the app. I've tried it multiple time...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to figure out how I can incorporate questions that have answers with subscripts or superscripts in my tests.  I can use multiple choice but sometimes I need for these to be fill in the blank.  This choice does not allow my students the op...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi All,  Does anyone know if there is a way to allow faculty to have different notification preferences for different courses?  I don't think there is a way but wanted to ask the community. Thank you in advance.Sara Udelhofen

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are receiving this when they are trying to access a Quiz: "This assignment is part of an unpublished module and it not available yet."I have published module and quiz. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Won't show any assessments or calender...help? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So when I log in on my app on my phone I can access all my files and discussions and what not. Yet when I log in on my computer nothing shows up except for my syllabus. I tried refeshing my browser and clearing my history yet still nothing shows up u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I log into Canvas and go to my dashboard. All of my classes show blank and read "empty card" when I try and click on them. I have been able to get into them for the first two weeks and work but since this weekend have not been able to. Does anyo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when I click on my files tabs to pull up power points, or assignment tabs to pull up assignments through canvas it goes straight to a white screen and nothing pops up. But when I pull it up on my phone it works?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies