Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

@

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't seem to edit my old quiz to get rid of the demand for Respondus, and I have looked in the guides... Can anyone help me?mmwilliams@midland.edu 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you drop out

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to print calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I have to copy and paste a website URL that my professor emailed. I tried submitting it but it says assignment failed to submit. Please help. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to post a class recording on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The instructor imported content from an old course. In his new course, there's a quiz he doesn't need anymore, so he wants to delete it. Canvas doesn't let him. Canvas returns a "Quiz deletion failed" message. No student has submitted work. No module...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My institution has self-registration disabled which means that students and teachers cannot create pairing codes for parent observers.Is there any way as an admin that I can create a pairing code?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I change my home page from assignments lists to syllabus?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dashboard is graying out and is flashing.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone seen this issue? When downloading the ePub of my course, it is producing it in reverse order from the order of the Modules in the course. I'm not super ePub savvy, but can't think of a reason this would be a feature. I ended up converting ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

One of my students has e-mailed me to tell me his browser window automatically refreshed while he was taking a Quiz and that is why he earned 0 points on it. When I look at the Quiz log, I see he began it at 8:18 pm on 8/27, 18 seconds in there is a ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Any help is appreciated!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

AUDITING CLASSES

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

theres no way to access my courses

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I submit an assignment with no "submit" button? Mine is missing but other students in my class have a button in the top left corner. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to call SISimport API with the attachment csv file, there's error indicating "Couldn't find Canvas CSV import headers", and also noted in SIS importing log that "downloadable_attachment_ids" did not get any file information.  While I atta...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher trying to use the e-mail function in Canvas, but her students are an option when she's choosing recipients.  Students aren't an option at all.  In fact it says there's only one person in the class.  When I go into her class (I'm the ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am the admin for Canvas at my school.  I was under the impression that as long as a specific course is "unfavorited,"  and the star next to the name of the course is not colored, then the course should NOT appear in the teacher's Dashboard.  Howeve...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are unable to see their current total grade for my class. They can see each individual assignment grade, but it will not give them their total. It shows a locked symbol where their grade would normally display.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There are these organizations that are in my canvas account that I want to get rid of. They aren't starred so they don't show up as current courses but they aren't in the past enrollment area. This wouldn't be such an issue if they didn't post announ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am the Canvas admin at my school.  I have actually seen a few questions here in the community related to this topic, but I have not yet found this exact question with an answer.  Please see the question that I received from a teacher:How do I delet...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm trying to find a way to add grades together before they are weighted.For example. I have an exam that is worth 12% of the overall grade. The students take the exam and participate in a review session, for which I give points. I add those points t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For accreditation purposes, we must keep a copy of all our student's work.  I found how to download the work in Assignments but cannot figure out how to download completed work in Quizzes.  Can I do this in Canvas?  I am a long time Blackboard user a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Community!  We have had numerous (more than five) reports of parents trying to set up observer accounts for their students and they are continuously getting "invalid pairing code" errors.  I have actually gotten this error myself.  It to...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-10-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When I used Blackboard, there was a feature where students could see their grade on a specific assignment but also see the overall average for that particular assignment. Is this possible on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think I know the answer to this, but is there a way to show the student their learning mastery score average in the gradebook? Right now, they can see all alignments and their scores on those items, but there is no view which shows their averaged r...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm constructing a quiz consisting of formula-type questions with randomly generated variable values. Multiple attempts are allowed. Is it possible to setup the quiz so that the student gets the same values of variables when retaking the quiz (but no...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

canvas won't load, my dashboard, or load any of my assignments 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is the Rhine River?