Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We have recently integrated Kaltura with our Canvas installation. Users can both upload media files to their own My Media space and share them in a course room via Media Gallery.Now I have been asked to produce a short report based on data reflecting...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning all,I am new to Canvas as I was Blackboard learn  back end  admin for last  15 years.  Currently I changed jobs from Higher Ed to k-12. my current employer uses canvas for middle/high schools. We have been  experiencing a strange behavio...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi all,Is New Quizzes just a different name for Quizzes.next?Thanks,Ben

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot open any tabs on my canvas for my classes. What do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get Canvas calendar to come up in Chrome? Currently it is a white screen, everything else is working except calendar. I can use Edge and the calendar works but I need it to work in Chrome.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it touch screen or no?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I check how a quiz works before publishing it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is PGDDB course starting time given on US time? Guess it would help to mention time zone for course start time

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a 16 week course and students get to pick 10 weeks out of said 16 weeks they would like to complete a reaction paper. For the students who choose not to submit on a given week, how do I go about grading this so there is no negative impact on t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does one have a module be "opened" on a certain date without the students seeing what they cant get to? Modules can be set to be accessible on a date-- however, students can STILL see what is in the module.   How does one set the module to "publi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I must be missing something,  Is the only way to get the grade book columns in the order I want them is to constantly to select and scroll EACH column?    Surely there has to be a better way. The grade book appears to simlply organize itself by the "...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How does one hide a student name in the gradebook.   I understadn how to hide ALL of them for grading biasness, however I have ONE name I do not need to see in my gradebook all the time i.e a test student account. How does one hide this from view ? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I want to look at my homework on canvas and then modules, I only get a white screen. So now I can't look at my macbook what my homework is. Can you help? look at the added image. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Every time I open Canvas the website fully loads but shows no work my teachers are submitting. Also if I end up loading a quiz on canvas it shows the start quiz button but it won't start the quiz even after I click it. The only solution to help me lo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good Morning!I am looking for guides to integrate our In House Built LMS with Canvas.Namely we are looking to perform the following functions.1) Launch a Test/Assignment from Canvas, which will open the link in out LMS.2) Update the score to Canvas f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I log into my canvas it does not let me click on the classes I am trying to enter. The dashboard shows the amount of classes I have yet it does not let me enter the course. The classes are translucent colors and won't let me submit or see anythi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How one can post a PDF or Docx as a document student may scroll as opposed to posting a link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just added a class with an approved add code and logged in but  Canvas says I don't have any courses. What do I do? I tired to update my web browser ( Chrome ) and I also tired Microsoft Edge?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Most of canvas is blank

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a professor/instructor.  How do I access Turnitin from Canvas as an instructor? My students are asking for an class enrollment key.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a Mac computer and when i log onto canvas, my class blinks grey and nothing is loading. But when I go on my phone it works. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm logged in on my laptop and  when I go to discussion I dont see the blue icon that is up the top with the + sign that is showing below so I can start my discussion. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am having trouble with turning in my assignments. I have reached out to the professor and she thought it could be because I was not logged into turnitin but I have just activated this and still do not see where I can send my assignments. Ple...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am unable to view all of my canvas content I can't post anything or see post never had this problem

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't see anything on my dash board

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to ask my teacher a question but I don't know how.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post to my professors discussion board. I thought I posted my answers to her board, but was told I created a separate board and did not receive credit for the assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my canvas is absolutely blank when i click on any tab like modules or calendar. what do i do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,When I open my dashboard, all courses are gray and loading since last week . ThanksFawad 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies