Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am having trouble accessing my assignment folder. It is showing up as a blank page even though it shouldn't because I know I have an assignment in there that I should be able to click on.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot make a post or reply to any post. There is also no reply button when I start to type a discussion. Everything is blank. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just getting my head around the system. Can you set up marking guides in the trainer portal to check against student responses? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have been making quizzes using my questions banks (multiple choice and short response), but some of the sort response questions are out of different marks and these are not able to be brought across. I am able to make them all out of 1 or 5 etc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 6 classes and for the past week, the class boxes have been blank and haven't allowed me to see or click on my classes. This only happens when I use my laptop to log into canvas, but it works fine on the app.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to subscribe to my Canvas calendar feed through the iOS app (version 6.6.2) but it's not showing any of my assignments. When I singled out the Canvas calendar feed, it is showing dots, as in there are events on that day, on my calendar but th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How to add an image to the dashboard course card?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does one archive a sent mail?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have five different classes.  The course material is the same.  Is there a way to link them without me repeating the work again.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach 4 sections of the same class.  I cross-listed periods 3,7,8 into section 1.  I published section 1.  Only my students in section 1 can see the course.  None of the students in sections 3,7,8 can see it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I publish my Modules? I unpublished them because they were taking forever to load. I want to only open as students need them. Now I can't publish at all.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a test student to my class.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a bio to my profile? on my account it shows I have a picture and information on my bio, why does my professor not see that information?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can not see any of my classes or get any of the information I need for my classes.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my canvas is not loading anything. I thought it was because i got a required lockdown browser but I'm not so sure. I know its not my canvas thats the problem because I've logged onto other computers and it works just fine 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set an assignment for Semester 1, with all sections having the task due in Semester 1. However, the task is not showing in Semester 1, it is showing in Semester 2.The due dates have been set within the Semester 1 window of time.How do I make s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created quiz questions in Quizzes.  I then noticed that they automatically get moved to the unfiled questions in questions bank.  However when I update the questions in Quizzes they do not update in Question Bank.  What am I doing wrong.  Do t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is my first time using Canvas. My teacher has listed a check in I'm not sure where do I reply. Is it through inbox message or will it have a reply button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have always used canvas on Safari and never had an issue until this past Friday. I log onto Canvas and the dashboard is blinking and none of my courses appear. I am able to see my course by clicking on course. However, I when I click on grades, qui...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Adding a picture to the dashboard?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

do I add a picture to  the dashboard?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what does green shaded on the grade mean?  the score did not submit when I attempted to submit and is light green shaded

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

how to upload an assignment to canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas is not working. Every time I open it the past couple days it is blank. I can not open any of my files, modules, or homepages. I have made sure my Mac is up to date with the latest version so I do not know what it going on. Please fix this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dashboard is blank.Grades page is blank.Pages page is blank.Need emergency help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get to the Lab section?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that we can email students who (failed, are missing, etc) for an individual assignment.  Is there a way for me to do the same thing for the kids who are failing the class over all (or are missing a certain number of assignments, or below a cer...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies