Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

blank dashboard

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have created a discovery page to help our parents who use the app.  We use SAML google authentication for our students because we use Chromebooks in our district.  The issue with the discovery page is when the student clicks the student button on t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to load canvas, I get empty cards that refuse to load fully online, but the problem isn't happening on the app. Do you have any solutions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I am currently unable to load my canvas tiles, calendar, etc. on my MacBook.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am currently enrolled in 5 courses, which have all started as one August 26th; therefore, my question is, how do I get my current courses back onto my dashboard and course list. They all have red stars beside them, and I can't access ANYTHING under...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas works fine on my phone, but when I login on my 2014 Macbook Air, the dashboard highlights slots where the classes should be, but no the slot is left blank and isn't linked to the class. The materials in the Module section also doesn't appear w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In graded discussions but with a 0 point value how do I indicate the student has contributed? What does the check mark mean? what does the X mean?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi community,Looking for ways to have student reflect on class conversations, and continue conversations, post articles etc. (I'm thinking like a twitter kind of format, but only among the classes I teach) This would serve as a means to build communi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After editing all of the assignments, i made a mistake and imported assignments from a previous year and i lost all the work i had done in editing the current year.is there a way to retrieve my work?thanks,jonsara

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is i possible to set a passing grade/% for automatic grading (pass/failed) for individual tests in the "test-function"? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a language teacher and I wonder if it is possible for students to do repeat-after-me exercises in Canvas?I do not mean for students to record and upload audios in quizzes and assignments. What I want is a simple class activity where they can rec...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I pull up a student in the speed grader to grade their discussion posts and all I see is a stream of everyone's posts. I want to see only that student that I am grading and only their posts?    How is this accomplished, please? I can "search" manuall...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I export a canvas page into a word doc or pdf. I have made tons of really good pages and a student has no access to the work due to computer problems. I would really like to be able to export my work so I can give it to him on a USB. I have t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-10-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have started a course on design thinking and innovation dont know how to get there in canvas. Its with Emeritus MIT please help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does "an unexpected error has occurred" mean? I am working on collaborations for a section. I successfully created and shared documents for the previous section to use, but now I am not able to do the same for the next section.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas account will not display any of the pages on my menu it just keeps loading without stopping. Any help would be awesome.Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school is using instructure.com as their parent portal.   When I go to <school_prefix>.instructure.com it gives me this list of options in the left column:DashboardCoursesCalendarInboxResources (containing a link to Guides in community.canvaslms.c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My dashboard is just gray, flashing blocks and I can't get to my courses through there. I can get to my courses through the "courses" tab but when I try to go to different assignments, most of the them are blank. My discussions will load the discussi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use a 100 pt rubric instead of a 50 pt rubric.  Do I need to create one and how do I add it to the assignment.  Thanks,Pat L.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot turn in any assignments. Canvas has gone blank. I have updated what I need to, and I have to way to contact my professors. This has never happened. I have updated what I needed to and still cannot see anything. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where can I find the box to leave a comment for the video in its site?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I go to dashboard nothing appears. It just flickers.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Inside a Module, looking at Google Drive - How do I add a folder and put new Google Drive items into that folder? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I can't see any information onCanvas  except on my phone.Why is this?Trying to post to Discussion.Look on Dashboard all are blank.When I looked on phone all there.Alberta Walker

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have paid for the access code and logged in, but I can't access the ebook, when I click on the introduction or on any tab they are all blank.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't get canvas to load. I tried chrome and safari. The "shell" of the course shows up, but I can't click into anything. I need to grade assignments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not see a quiz that had previously been appearing. I set it up on a timer for the students to take next week, but now, I can not see it, nor do I know how to access it. Please advise. Thank you. Allen Cornwell

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

My daughter graduated and has been removed from ParentVue/StudentVue. However, she is still listed in Canvas. Her information is Claire Healy 332145. There are courses that her High School, ACMA, has not archived that still show on our parent oberser...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Obviously there is major criticism of recent changes to the acceptable browsers that Canvas. Many people have different technologies and different technologies require different. After a couple days of complete frustration, let's give some details to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When I download all of the student assignments, Canvas produces a zip file.  But it also appends the student name and ID number to the file name.  Is there a way to get it to NOT do this?  In my course I am teaching the students the importance of usi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies