Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

why does a message pop up to view in  new window when I click on an assignment?                                                                                                                                                                           ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As of last night, the discussion page, files, syllabus, etc. for each of my courses won't load. I can select each of my individual classes but when I attempt to access any of the information stored in the tables nothing loads.I uploaded the Canvas ap...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a place that I can have students sign up to give presentations in class?  I want to have them sign up for presentations before they come to class.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I share a question bank with another teacher ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have an internet shortcut that goes to a slide show.  How do I get that to work in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I thought there was a way to impport students into canvas who do not have an email account. Some of my students dont have an account(email).

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Im having same issues of dashboard flashing grey and white.  I can get into courses but then only side menu is seen and can not get into modules.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on Dashboard and Inbox, nothing shows up. Please let me know what I can do.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does it take time like more than 5 hours to import assignments from one college canvas to another college canvas? Any faster way? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot post grades because reports is saying that the grading category is missing.  Each of the assignments has a grading category.  I do not know how to fix this problem.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Dashboard is not loading properly- University of Kentucky- I can't access most of the info.- desktop is mostly plank, while I'm logged in. I am getting email notifications on posts from fellow students, but I can't see them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas will not load on my mac book, but it will load on my phone? There is certain assignments i cant upload to cavas on my phone. All it does when i log in is flicker grey and white and wont load any of my classes. Its been doing this since lastnig...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

All of a sudden, a lot of the content in my course has zoomed way in.  I am using tables with images on them, and the table is much larger than it should be.  I've changed the size of the images, change the size of the table to 100%, yet this hasn't ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-10-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created a question bank in Canvas and would like to print the Bank--not just quizzes--for easier proofing and editing so that correct answers and other information are included. I do not have access to Respondus or Adobe Acrobat. I am willing ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to sent an email to all teachers at the same time? I have tried several ways to do so and the program is simply not wanting me to, it seems to prefer that I write the message 6 times

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas won't allow me to post responses to the homework that was assigned. I was just wondering how to fix this problem? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't open my courses as of yesterday. August 28 at sjsu. Lori L

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I load a google doc spread sheet? and with the link allow viewer to go directly to it?#

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear all,I am an admin for our small Canvas site (~350 users) for a secondary school (high school, catering for y10s to y13s aged 14-18). It is our 3rd year using Canvas.I'm setting up this new school year's Canvas and I would like some advice on wha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am trying to view my assignments with my macbook pro, however, the Assignment tab is empty and blank.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to create links to different sections of an embedded video on a page. Students often need to go back to specific parts without having to watch a 20 minute video all over again. Does anybody have a solution for this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was on a wait list and the instructor gave me a code to add in Canvas so I can join the class, where do I add it? Does anyone know where to go to add the code?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I seem to be having technical issues with the platform. It won't load the grades folder, home page, or "reply" function when trying to submit discussion post.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to load or open up a video that my instructor sent through a discussion. When I click on the video it says my video is queued for setup try again in a couple minutes. I’ve been trying everyday since Monday. Sense I am unable to open his v...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can still see my dashboard on my iPhone and assignments there but I can't upload my word documents from my phone and it won't load my assignments or the dashboard from the 3 computers I have at home

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have already started my university course and are like 6 weeks in. My assignments and announcements are not loading which is concerning as I am unable to submit an assignment due. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally submitted a quiz without answering the questions it happened twice now i can't take the test because I have no attempts left how can I fix this.Should I ask the professor for help ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

dashboard looks like its glitching. Unable to see assignments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I try to log on to canvas on my laptop and it tells me that access is denied with a picture of a lock. I can log onto canvas on my phone through the app, but I can't take quizzes on my phone.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My canvas won't load. Can you tell me why?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies