Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We have a course where the Next button started skipping a page so that it takes learners from lesson 1 to lesson 3. This is occurring only in the student view. Instructors are able to navigate from lesson 1 to lesson 2 as expected.Our understanding i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

#SNAP2016I can't get SNAP 2016 to work in Canvas. I've downloaded the program. I tried cutting off my firewall just to try that. I've also tried allowing Flash to work for everything. In Canvas it just keeps asking for my code. I know my code is good...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to log into my Delgado CC Canvas site and it is not allowing me access to materials.  I am able to see my profile but the site looks different and I cant access my assignments.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

To take the ACT practice test it says to click the link below to start but there is no link. What should i do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My dashboard isnt showing anything when I go to click on my classes what do i do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my classes doesn't have a submit assignment button. It is due at midnight, so it isn't past due. I haven't already submitted something. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I saw reference to an attendance tool. Where is it and how is it used?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to set up my mastery path but when the students take the pre-assessment the rest of the assignments did not show. They are all set to Mastery Paths. Please help!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas portal is not showing the classes that I am enrolled in, it still shows the classes I took during the summer. One of the classes shown is from the first summer session and it is still up. My recent classes are not up except for one class. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I retrieve my files I uploaded on Canvas from last year?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I accidentally flagged a teachers profile picture can i undo it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a feature in Canvas that allows students to submit a video, and allows others in the class to see it and comment?  I'm thinking like a Discussion, only with video.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Currently, we have disabled the option to add a dashboard course card image. Our concerns are:Necessity. As a school heavily invested in accessibility, we've opted to leave it off because we don't see the value add or option to provide alt textImage ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I print a copy of the grades page? Thx.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have one student who needs additional time of tests/quizzes per the disability resource center.  How did I allocate additional time on quizzes and/or tests for just one student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my phone number is not registering for my school and teachers alerts and it does not give me the option to resend the confirmation code what do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to add a page to the Calendar? I would like to be able to add pages to the Calendar, not just assignments. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my student ID number?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get my Profile Picture to import right side up? It is importing up side down. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to test the system.  Just need feedback to be sure I’m using it properly.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So do i need to get a new computer to access canvas because its telling me i need to get a different chrome, is there a way to download? do you have a reference if so? sorry i just got this computer and im really not trying to fall behind

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

quizzes

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post a discussion for graded discussions, and how do I attach links or files to my discussion? is there a way for me to just be able to click on discussions and see what has been posted before I do my posting without hitting reply to get int...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to create a document where I show a list of my students split into groups (so that can see what group they are in), then I want them to be able to type something next to their group name (the name of a professional the group will intervie...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I set up my class onto canvas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was hoping to create a course for our school cross country team. Is there a way to add students directly without having to enter each student's email individually? For example a class code or link that I could make available to them? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everybody. As a Canvas admin I'm relatively new to Canvas and newer still to participating in Canvas Communities, so please bear with me. This is the issue. We need to find a way to account for excused and unexcused absences in Roll Call. Our facu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I connect a link to a webpage to text on a page in Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do we receive a record of certification upon the completion of a course? In my situation I need it to be reimbursed from work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I swapped for a class and the new class is online will it show up in my web courses too or there some other website?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies