Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can not attach word document to discussion? When Im attempting to add attachment to discussion there is a red x to the right even after browsing the red x never goes away and im unable to upload my attachment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I post a simple one paragraph announcement with two small images, I am getting a "too_long" error message that will not allow me to post my content. How long is "too_long", and how do I get around this error to post what I need for my course? Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2019 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

On only one of my courses, the block that should appear in the upper right corner of my front page does not have the Course Status block.  Why is that?  How can I restore it?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help with an issue a few of our students are having. They are able to log on to Canvas Enterprise successfully but when they click on certain courses (not all of them) they get a screen saying "access denied." This is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a kaltura video to the discussion area in an assignment?thank you,Beth Robinson

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,The "mute" button in SpeedGrader is no longer there - how can I prevent students from seeing their grades while I am still working on grading other assignments? I tried clicking the eye icon in the top right of the screen but it only lets me hide ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you populate the grade book?how do you populate the inbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Morning,   I am wondering if I put a rubric in an assignment and assignment certain students to certain graders, can those graders only see those students and no others that they are assigned to in the gradebook?  We would like to have fellows g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can students label a diagram in a quiz question? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone ever had an issue with a quiz "disappearing"?  I have a teacher who has given a quiz and seen/reviewed the results, but now he cannot find the quiz (and neither can I as an Admin).I'm relatively convinced it has got to BE somewhere, but I'...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

At our university we moved from its learning to Canvas last year. In its learning it was possible to copy files from a course page one semester to the page for the same course a later semester. Is it possible to do so in Canvas as well or  do you nee...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to import my stuff from my sandbox into my course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a faculty member who gets an error message "Error retrieving assignment external tools" whenever he clicks on an assignment in his course.  He has not integrated any external tool with this assignment, and his co-instructor can go to the same...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to share a custom grading scale with other teachers? Our school is slightly modifying the course grading scale we will use across all courses, but we are a small school and are using the Free For Teachers version and don't have an admi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to add an even to my course, but one section has this event one day, and the other section has it the next.  How do I separate these events so that only the appropriate one is showing up on the student's calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to figure out how to make a question bank, but the Canvas help feature directions assume I have Admin-level permissions. I don't.Do I have to be an Admin to make question banks for my classes? Is there another way? I don't think my school ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete or move students names from my course sections? There is a discrepancy with my Web Advisor class rosters.  I need to delete a couple of students from Canvas and move one students from one section to another.Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there really no rich editor feature for an email in the Inbox?   Am I missing something?  I have no ability to bold, underline or any normal word editing features?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I teach a class containing many calculation-based homework assignments, and often subsequent questions are based on the answers from previous questions. A comment I have gotten from students is that they find it frustrating that when they get a quest...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello friends - I have one course where whenever someone goes to link to a document from their course files, it gets changed out to something like this:https://ivylearn.ivytech.edu/api/v1/canvadoc_session?blob=%7B%22moderated_grading_whitelist%22:nul...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2019 View Solution
  • 8 Likes
  • 20 Replies

A course has green check marks all portions are published; however, the course is not. Why?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are in the process of configuring the CRM advise/ Canvas integration available in CRM 2.3.  When we originally configured Canvas we chose NOT to import sections and therefore do NOT currently import section data.  Each course section actually come...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a faculty who set their whole gradebook to manual posting of grades. The problem is, they posted grades for an assignment and the "hidden" eye is still visible on that gradebook item. Why is that? Shouldn't it go away if grades are posted?Than...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I share quizzes and tests with other teachers at my school and not the whole internet?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi- I am trying to download a few files to the course I have 4th period, drawing class. I am having trouble getting it to show up in my canvas, I see the name of the file but there is no content under it. several of my students are concerned because ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I get my account deleted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our first day of school is on September 3rd.  One of our teacher is not seeing her students in her classrooms.  I checked our integration and the students are included in import.  I am not familiar with how Canvas works and if students will populate ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to I add a TA to canvas so that they can add content and messages for students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a teacher whose calendar is defaulting to August 2017. We went into settings to verify the calendar date and correct time zone for this school year. It is confusing for 4th graders to have to click 2 years worth to get to the correct calendar ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies