Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I know that we can access the analytics and see how often students view pages and whether or not they are submitting assignments, but is there a way to track how long students spend on Canvas rather than the total amount of time online? I am trying t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-26-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

where do I go to change my password

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble allowing students to see the files i have uploaded to the file folder. Currently they do not have access to this. How do i fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I attach a rubric to an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I already have an account set up for one child.  How do I add another child to the same account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have 4 sections of math 90 and what is the best method to edit one and all sections  to have it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not able to access any of my assignments as a student, all the tabs under the courses appear to be blank, why is this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i remove an assignment from a sudent that has been sent in the wrong one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am a parent of a student.  How do we mark a "to do" item as complete so that it will be removed from the To Do list?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-23-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't find any permission that controls who can export course content from the course's Settings page.  We are concerned with intellectual property rights, and I was dismayed to find that a TA can export all course content, when they have no editin...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am new Canvas, and I was surprised to see that I receive no email notification when a student sends a message through Canvas (there is only a notification dot that appears over the Canvas Inbox icon). Is there a way to receive an email notification...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-23-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

i want to use attendance and i followed the instructions to enable itthis allows students to see the attendanceis there a way to hide it from students  (isn't this info. that can't be shared)if i drag it down to the hide section it disables it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I insert a rubric to a course assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete and old syllabus? I've uploaded 2. They are both there plus the one that was there previously. There is a blue field with links that barely show up. All I need is one.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to archive last year's classes to clear up my dashboard

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I change the default time for when assignments are due to something other than 11:59 pm?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2019 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The page background is white and my image background is white. I want to put a border around the image after I insert it into a Page in Canvas. How do I do that? 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I've been using the Course Link Validator for the first time this semester.  After checking and fixing a number of links, many are still being flagged.  I even checked all of the links in Student View, and they all checked out.  Does anyone know how ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Can I use groups to assign individual assignments (not a group assignment)?  I have a tracked, self-paced course that differentiates assignments by a college prep and honors track.  The assignments are different for students, and I am trying to list ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I use superscript and subscript in the answers to multiple choice questions.  They only work in the Question Window, not the answers.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been having a problem that has never occurred before in my years of using Canvas.I imported a course pack from a textbook publisher to utilize a few elements, such as quizzes, in my course. However, when trying to add one of these imported ass...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm teaching three different classes next semester. When I go into the calendar function for one of my classes and enter information on the final exam for that class, the same information now shows up on the calendar for the two other classes. If I l...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I already have an account as a teacher, how do I pair with my own child to observe his/her classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 32 Replies

Can you create two deadlines in a discussion post?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How would I use the Canvas RSS Feed with iTunes Connect for my Podcast?The reason I ask is because I would like to host my Podcasts in Canvas.  The biggest concern is access to the files inside Canvas, semester after semester.  In the past I have hos...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-14-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I thought that if I unpublished a module, it would unpublish all of the assignments within that module, but that does not seem to be the case.  Is there a way that I can unpublish all of the assignments within a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 27 Replies

Canvas will not load in my Chrome browser.  It used to work just fine and still works in Firefox, but I get a blank white screen when trying to login through Chrome.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When copying a Canvas course, is there a way to copy the Late Policies set in the new gradebook as well? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2021 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like my students to be able to see their total calculated grade as they go throughout the semester. Currently where their grade should be posted there is a comment that says "Calculation of totals has been disabled." I went into settings, the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I now teach in a facility that students are not allowed internet access to get to the canvas site. But I'd like to use the site primarily for my gradebook. Is there a way to add students, without having to require an approval by them? Right now the n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-06-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies