Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

All my grades from Final exam have disappeared.  I let one student take exam last and his grade is posted and all other grades have disappeared.  Help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,As I am creating questions in the question bank, I realize that I would like them to be in a different order. I know that they will be in a new order when I pull them into the quiz randomly, but as I am working on them, I would like to be able ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-09-2019 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

We are looking to service some of our international students and would like to offer a translation tool for them on vocabulary that they do not understand.  Has anyone found a translation app or translation tool that can be integrated or built into C...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all,I have one instructor who has steadily been experiencing issues using the video feedback function in SpeedGrader. I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this newest issue, and if anyone is aware of a solution.When the instructor fin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 19 Replies

How can I put text to the right of an image? My only option seems to be adding text below an image in rich text editor.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I use point totals to calculate final grades and every semester, students look at the assignment percentage instead of the point total and flood my inbox with questions about why their grade doesn't match the assignment percentage. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi allI am unable to find out how I remove the 'color overlay'of the courses whilst using the Teacher app. Any help would be appreciated!Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-22-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In "Grades", how do I split the student name into 2 columns (first name; surname), or sort by first name?When I export the Grades list, the student name appears in one column. If I sort by this column in Excel, it sorts by the students' first names. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,Some of our teachers and program coordinators are experiencing problems with the csv when exporting quiz results: when students fill in (or copy text to) essay questions, the results in the csv file seem to become messed up and unreadable. So w...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

delete multiple files

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-25-2019 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How do you copy questions from one quiz to another

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-25-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to not grade the students in the same order every time. For example, by the time I get to the last one, I will consistently be tired? Aside from sorting by submission time, is there a way to randomly sort the students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,I've used Respondus in conjunction with Canvas dozens of times and never had any issues. Now, suddenly, I'm getting the "The importer couldn't determine the correct answers for this question" message on each question I upload for a particular c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have several assignments in my grade book that are showing with a page and exclamation point icon (different than just the page icon.  I have graded the assignments, but the grades will not show in the grade book.  I can click on each individual gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I have a created two quizzes which draw random questions from a number of question banks based on how many credits the question is worth, and only realised today, two days before the quizzes are opened, that some of the ,multiple questions do not giv...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-21-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I wish to create a journal that individual students keep throughout the course, but which can be seen and ideally commented on by the teacher at intervals. At the moment an assignment seems the best option but can teachers view an assignment before i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-23-2020 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 25 Replies

Does anyone know other reasons a Peer Review would not auto assign when the teacher has set it to do that? Even when the teacher clicks the "Assign Peer Reviews" after students have submitted their assignments, the Peer Reviews DO NOT get assigned. N...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I'm trying to embed videos from my files and adjust the size of video player on Canvas pages. I have tried to tweak the html code but couldn't find a way to adjust the player size. Can someone help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Our teachers enter assignments/grades into Canvas. Then they sync to PowerSchool's gradebook, PowerTeacherPro (PTP). PowerSchool is our SIS. Comments do not transfer from Canvas to PTP with the sync, so teachers are going into PTP and adding comments...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I taught Intro to Theatre Summer 2018. I am teaching the exact same course this summer. How can I simply copy the content so that I do not have to completely reload everything? All I need to do is to change the dates. Thank you.Janice FronczakUNK

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why can we add images to an announcement, but the images do not display in the emails? After all, pictures say a thousand words. Most of my announcements in a course are dependent on the accompanying images. And nothing in the email says to click Vie...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 18 Likes
  • 18 Replies

Students have submitted an assignment, and it shows that I can download them. However, whenever I go to the speed grader, only the test student shows up. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 20 Replies

I would like to have an assignment on Canvas to do at home that is timed.  The students once they open the assignment will have one hour, for example. How do I do this?  Thank you. Lori 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-11-2019 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Under "People" I can see the date of a student's "Last Activity".   Is there a way to see a class list with the last submission date so that I do not have to open an "Analytics" window for each student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can grading schemes be applied to Assignment Groups? Scenario: The faculty wants to show the students an aggregate roll-up score - presented as a letter grade - not as a percentage or a number for each grouping of activities. Then, present an overall...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello Canvas users!  We are in the process of moving to a new SIS, CampusNexus Student (by Campus Management) and are looking for fellow users to connect with. We have some specific questions about Grade Passback, but would love to connect more gener...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

HiI am hoping someone could help.We were trying to look for a way to print out all of the pages on a course easily as we had a student who needed print versions of their pages for accessibility reasons. I came across this idea which seemed to be aski...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have a teacher who had three essay questions for a section exam.  The quiz was created in Quizzes.Next and each question was to be worth 20 pts.  He accidentally marked the last question as 1 pt. and didn't realize his mistake until some students h...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

For my courses, I weight each assignment equally. However, every assignment technically has different numbers of possible points.It would save me a lot of time if I didn't have to figure out the percentages for each assignment before putting them int...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I would like to create a private graded individual journal discussion for each student; where I will be able to comment and grade each journal entry separately.   Would like to have 4 submitted journal entries all in one place for each student.  Is t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-03-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies