Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I want to translate a quiz written on Canvas  into Spanish and Arabic can I do that in Canvas? If so how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Before I raise the alarm with Canvas, do any of y'all know of/have experience with instructors suddenly not getting notified of a student resubmission? One of our instructors has recently discovered that she no longer gets To-Do list notifications ab...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm trying to understand what the 'Students with No Submissions' report is giving me. My understanding was it would display courses with no submissions, meaning nothing at all for that course has been submitted. This report does not get to the assign...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-20-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a shortcut or way to bulk mark missing assignments? Currently, you have to manually mark each student’s assignment missing. This gets very tedious when you have multiple assignments and over a hundred students. 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hi, I'm wondering what happens to associated courses after the course ends. For example, I have changes to the Blueprint I would like to make to rubrics, but changing this and syncing would affect grading to all associated courses. I would like to do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there an "undo" option in Canvas gradebook?  I accidentally entered a grade from a new assignment for a student into a previously graded assignment column and could not retrieve the grade for the previous assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In the page https://openstax.org/details/books/calculus-volume-3?Instructor%20resources there is a section Canvas Course CartridgeThis course cartridge, created by the California Community Colleges' Online Education Initiative, integrates your OpenSt...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2018 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to change the point value of questions in a quiz that has already been created? It hasn't been published yet. I know in Blackboard you can use course tools, tests, choose the test, edit test, and you could select ALL and enter new poin...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 12 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I created an online course that I'm selling through my website. Can I put that course on Canvas Free for Teachers and enroll my students? I'm not selling it through Canvas, but rather through my website. I'm only using the Canvas to host  the course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-13-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm writing a geometry course, and of course, they use equations with circle arcs.  I can't find a way to write this equation.  Any suggestions?  I've been limited right now by making a picture of an equation with an arc.  I'd rather do it all in Can...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I've noticed that the annotation tool in Speed Grader is not present in some of my assignments. I believe it is the one where I assign peer reviews. Does the use of the peer review tool make the instructor feedback tools in the gradebook disappear? I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to export the comments made on assignments? I'm looking for a way to access the feedback that I've given to students throughout the semester for help in composing narrative comments. The last time I saw this addressed was back in 2016,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Why do I keep getting this error message? It's really slowing down my grading: an embedded page at canvasdocs.instructure says There was an error saving this comment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I had to reopen a quiz for a student that needed to take it late which seemed to cause all the previous students' quiz grades to disappear from my quiz book and now only shows that 1 student as submission.  While the quiz still has the historical dat...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I apologize if this question has already been asked but I wasn't able to find the answer.  We are working on creating Outcomes and testing them on the Test site.  Is it possible to move those outcomes from the Test site to the live site without havin...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-31-2019 View Solution
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Canvas.instructure.com fails to load while using Chrome and sometimes Firefox, IE and Edge.  Is there a reason for this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-08-2018 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to print individual grade reports and send them to failing students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-06-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am wondering if there has ever been a feature request to add the DocViewer grading functionality to the grading of essay questions in quizzes? It seems like it would have been suggested before but I am not seeing anything in the Studio. Our instruc...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-05-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you assign partial credit on Canvas quizzes?I teach Spanish and use the "fill multiple blanks" option often for students to type in a vocab word or a verb conjugation. I usually take off only 1 point for a missing accent mark, but I cannot fin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I upload a Google Slides presentation?  I have tried 2 different ways and I still have students that are not receiving the presentation.  Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a specific way to cite information obtained through discussion boards? I'm looking for MLA style. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-27-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We use Kaltura to provide video service for our MyMedia functions. Students and faculty love it and it has greatly helped with accessibility requirements, etc. However, just found out that when assigned a GROUP discussion, students don't have access ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to get a list of a student's missing assignments for all of their courses?  It is tedious to click on each course.

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I know I've shared a particular topic in a prior announcement, but I don't see a way to search. The search on the announcement page only seems to search titles. I need to search the body of text.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I no longer see a means to delete an Instructor comment from a particular Assignment. How can I delete a comment I have made on a student Assignment? This was once possible but no longer seems possible since there does not seem to be an applicable bu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I submitted an assignment through the assignments module in my Business 20 class. After I submitted my assignment I realized I needed to provide my links and sites used for the assignment. Now the only thing the teach and I can see is the second subm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When giving tests, the assignment is only open for a short window of time.  If someone is absent on the day of the test and needs to make it up later.  No  problem, I turn on the test for that individual and he/she takes it.  However, all the other s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-24-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a grade is assigned in PeerMark is this integrated with Canvas's gradebook? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi Canvas community. I'm in a bit of a pinch here. I've accidentally deleted an Assignment section for one of my classes. Do any of you know how I can recover this? I need this section/course/ Assignment group back today because it is an entire quart...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2018 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi Admins, is it possible to change/edit the names of course roles within Canvas? .i.e. editing the name of the role "teacher" to something more fitting to the naming conventions used in my institution? Or will I be better off creating a custom role ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies