Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,I have copied a previous course, including all announcements, but I would like the students to see them, when I think it is time to post them, not from the beginning of the course. (The students are already enrolled in the course, and its publishe...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

When one exports a course, where does it go/how do I access the exported material?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-29-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am having my students scan their homework and upload them to a Canvas assignment as a pdf file. However, I have a couple of students that don't have the ability to scan their homework. Therefore they turn them in to me directly. I would like for al...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2023 View Solution
  • 23 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I am looking use a third-party website feedback tool. The requirements to launch is to place a javascript into the HTML of the header or footer of the page.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am working with a number of our institutions on the new Gradebook. One of the positives is the ability to override a grade. However, it appears to me that the grade override ONLY lets one change the calculated grade for another grade that is availa...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can a stylus pen be used when writing comments on student papers in the speedgrader? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello!I deleted most of the pictures that I uploaded on my files the other day (for cleaning the space),  I attached all those pictures on Discussion section, but just found out today that the pictures couldn't show up anymore:((How can I get all the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Can I embed a course in my personal webpage? for sharing my content to students that do not attend my university.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi,I am struggling with Mastery Paths.  I have set up a simple mastery path with three different paths. When I test the paths using the test student, I get a message that says "Locked until the assignment is graded"   even though the assignment is gr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2019 View Solution
  • 11 Likes
  • 20 Replies

Is there no way to attach questions to a stimulus and pull them from a question bank with the attached questions?I need to create a quiz that randomly pulls questions from a question bank so that each student has a slightly different assessment.I tri...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is anyone else having issues with syncing "Missing" assignments to PowerTeacher Pro??  Late and Exempt transfer fine but Missing assignments do not.  Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I monitor login and logoff times and submission atempts? Studnets tell me they worked on submitting but get an error?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,I'm doing most of my reading (PDFs) in the app on my tablet and sometimes on my phone. I'm using the marker tools to highlight the important points while reading.Unfortunately, the markings in the document are not synced. i.e. the same PDF has...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-18-2019 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have a student who submitted a quiz and says that their complete answer was not captured. I went through the logs and can see when he accessed that specific question and how often it was autosaved. The one thing that might be an issue is that he s...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi! There are instances when I try to upload an item in the module, a pink dialog box appears saying "Failed to create a new item." It happens when I.m trying to upload video clips. What does it mean? Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-14-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

TLDR: How do I stop observing a student?I am a teacher who also supervises a group of guided study students each quarter.  I had these students add me as an observer so that I could help them track their grades and assignments.  I would like to STOP ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-12-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is it possible for students to see all of the video submissions they have done via media upload? I have a student who would like to access or download some of the submissions he did in a concluded class. I can't see on my end anywhere to download the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I merge cells in a table?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-07-2019 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Today an instructor informed us that some of her student submissions for a quiz were being marked late even though she has established an until date and a due date that are the same (match e.g. March 1 at 11:50am) The quiz is also timed at 20 minutes...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add another option in the Attendance module that is "excused" absences worth 50% of the total points? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-06-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to write up an essay answer, like a rubric guide, so that as I'm grading I can look at the key points the student needs to address in their answer. I did this in my paper tests. I would always write an answer key, with the short answer...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-04-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I just watched a video on how to duplicate a quiz on Canvas.  It is ridiculous!!!!  Why in the world can't we just be able to rename something a different name and it be a different quiz.  I would have to post it onto the Commons and then drag it bac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-03-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi.Please can anyone better explain this for me, as there's not much help on the Q&A thread, One post says check certian things and then says "contact canvas" - which is not helpful.I set-up a quiz - as with previous weeks on my course which have bee...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-22-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

are there more colors to choice for the card view on you dash board

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone else had a problem with apostrophes in fill-in-the blank questions? I'm finding that when I input a correct answer with an apostrophe, Canvas will render it into the similar, though actually different, single close quote character. A typic...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We use Respondus Lockdown Browser thru our Canvas system, and wondering if anyone has found a way to track which classes are using it in Canvas. Respondus is installed on Canvas as an LTI, but we don't see anything in the standard LTI report other th...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

On a short essay assignment, I asked students to write between 600 and 750 words. I tasked them with entering directly into the text box provided on Canvas.Where can the word count of a student submission be seen?Thanking anyone in advance who can he...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I create a question in canvas quiz where students can give their answer inscientific notation?This is a very basic functionality, but I cant figure out how to do it in canvas.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi,Raised this with Canvas as well, but hoping to find a way around it.I am able to create Rubrics and Outcomes to an assignment in the root level and import these Rubrics and Outcomes to an assignment. We do not want Rubrics/ Outcomes to be visible ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm looking for the list of electives I can choose from.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies