Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

One of our faculty needs a hardcopy of a student's exam results to talk with them about plagiarism.I can see how to print just a quiz (no student interaction) from the Teacher perspective, but how to print the results of a quiz for an individual stud...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2021 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Can I use music from iTunes in a Canvas course, if I have permission from the publisher?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-21-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,I am a Digital Learning Officer and I am trying to help academics with an issue relating to large file submissions (see below).Has anyone had any experience with students uploading AutoCAD files for student submission?Academics I work wit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I give in-class exams in Canvas to larger classes (~200 students).  In our last exam, we discovered as student using the Mac dictionary function within the Canvas exam.  This means that the student was clicking with 3 fingers on her trackpad while ho...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-01-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want my page to be titled, "Task List for Lesson 01" but CANVAS is adding hyphenated numbers to the title, which is really annoying because the ONLY number I want displayed is the 01.Here is a SNIP of what I am looking at:        When I try to edit...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-16-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I WANT TO UNPUBLISH A CLASS THAT HAS BEEN COMPLETED. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2019 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Is there a way to move an assignment to a later grading period, but keep the due date in the previous term? I have a writing assignment that is due on the last day of the second quarter of the year, but I want the grade to appear in the third quarter...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I, as the instructor, submit a student's paper through Turnitin?  If so, how?  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am using the new quiz/exam tool that you use under the assignments tab. I can't seem to change the point value for a question. All questions only have a point value of 1.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I make a graded quiz not count towards final grade? You can do this for "assignments" but not for online quizzes?I have 14 total quizzes, each worth about 10 pts each (some are worth bit more than 10), for a total of 146.85 pts. These "quizze...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2019 View Solution
  • 10 Likes
  • 12 Replies

How can I search for a subject (not a person) in my Inbox?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there any way to drop points in a quiz similar to the way an assignment group can be set up to drop a certain number of scores?I have a situation with an instructor who wants to give quizzes worth 10 points however, there are 12 questions. Each qu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am using a straight points system in my Gradebook. I have several assignment groups. for one of which I would like to limit the total number of points that can be earned. For example...In this assignment group there might be 10 low point assignment...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 13 Replies

How do I add a background image to the Home Page feature area (the area below the header and above the search bar)?  I've called to it in the CSS code, but how do I upload it to the Canvas server so the code can call it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-05-2018 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 13 Replies

How can I keep students (in my current course) from seeing the old due dates from my copied course?I    change the due dates within the current modules but the old dates (original due dates) are still visible. Is it possible to change this? HELP!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We had multiple students with this problem. They would start the quiz and see a blank screen with no questions.We logged in as the students on multiple browsers and saw the issue so it's not a browser problem.Canvas said it's due to the instructor or...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-29-2018 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am very new to this so I am sorry if this is an obvious question. Is it possible for a teacher to mark a paper copy of a writing task, give it a mark ( submissions/paper), then snap a photograph of it and upload it? I can see the children can respo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-09-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

For campuses using Kaltura, have you seen an instance where students cannot share videos via student groups? (Kaltura LTI) We are seeing an 'access denied' message. It has to be related to permissions and student groups. (Kaltura Support likely won't...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In other LMS there is a way that the current date and time can be presented on the pages. This can also be configurable, either location or "system" current as default. For example; when the student logs in, they see what the "deadline" time and date...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-25-2018 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

How do I copy a calendar event into a different calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I use the rubric feature to mark my assignments in speed grader, is there any way the the comments against each criterion along with the rubric can be downloaded in the feedback comments? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2023 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 16 Replies

The cell "merge" and "split" options for editing tables in Canvas don't seem to work.  Are they not available for use?  Even when trying to use rowspan="2" in html view, I have no luck.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, All:This is the first Tampermonkey script for me.In Canvas, after manually doing this:View the assignmentClick on SpeedGraderClick on View RubricI want to then click a button, and automatically populate each of the points with the maximum in t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-03-2022 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I've found in the Moderate this Quiz option of Canvas I can determine, roughly, how long each student took their quiz attempt. By clicking on their name I can find out how long it took them to take each attempt. Additionally, I can find the Quiz Stat...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-19-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to translate a quiz written on Canvas  into Spanish and Arabic can I do that in Canvas? If so how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Before I raise the alarm with Canvas, do any of y'all know of/have experience with instructors suddenly not getting notified of a student resubmission? One of our instructors has recently discovered that she no longer gets To-Do list notifications ab...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm trying to understand what the 'Students with No Submissions' report is giving me. My understanding was it would display courses with no submissions, meaning nothing at all for that course has been submitted. This report does not get to the assign...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-20-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a shortcut or way to bulk mark missing assignments? Currently, you have to manually mark each student’s assignment missing. This gets very tedious when you have multiple assignments and over a hundred students. 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hi, I'm wondering what happens to associated courses after the course ends. For example, I have changes to the Blueprint I would like to make to rubrics, but changing this and syncing would affect grading to all associated courses. I would like to do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there an "undo" option in Canvas gradebook?  I accidentally entered a grade from a new assignment for a student into a previously graded assignment column and could not retrieve the grade for the previous assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies