Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have created an interactive google slide show for a professional learning course for our teachers and have embedded it on a page in Canvas. The idea is to "lead your own learning" by clicking on parts of the slide that will advance you to a particu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2020 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I just started teaching a course in Canvas today.  Under People, I can see who has logged into the class and who has not.  Is there a way to message all the students who have no logged in yet?  I know I can add their names to a message one by one, bu...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I put a course into the "Past Enrollments" section?  Is this done by the IT department in my university or do I do this somehow when I "complete" or "conclude" a course?Please advise.  Many thanksChris

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-13-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I use groups in many different ways in my classes and have recently been getting some comments from students about the large number of groups they have to manage across all of their courses.In looking at this from the student perspective, I can see w...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi there,So I've read through How do I grade group assignments in SpeedGrader?, but it doesn't really lay out the steps needed to grade a group assignment and then change individual grades, without having to look up multiple help documents.  I like t...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Suddenly, there's something called "Test Student" that's shown in in one of my gradebooks! (It's not in all my courses...just one.) Anybody have any idea of what this is...and how to get rid of it??

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-08-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Suppose I have several quizzes, each possibly out of a different number of points. I'd like for each quiz to be given equal weight in the Canvas gradebook. Is this the default, or do I somehow have to specify this? (I can go back and rescale all the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-07-2018 View Solution
  • 13 Likes
  • 20 Replies

My school has a rolling enrollment, as such I have a number of students who joined mid way through content at varying places. In the new grade book, I saw a handy late submission box, and checked it thinking it would make my life much easier by autom...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 Replies

There seems to be no way in Canvas to get a downloadable list of members in a group. Even for a moderately large class this is a serious difficulty. it is even difficult to compile the list manually since (a) the names are often truncated and (b) the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-05-2018 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I'm still learning Canvas, and created a group assignment without evidently setting the group component correctly. Now I have graded the group assignments submitted by one person from each group, leaving in-document feedback using SpeedGrader, and ne...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2018 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

As an administrator customizing our help menu, I would love to set up a link similar to a mailto link but to message a specific person using the internal Canvas conversations tool. This is preferable to using a standard mailto link since many of our ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2018 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hi everyone,I'm looking for a way to download the course roster with group membership identified for each student (e.g., a column in the spreadsheet that contains the group number/name).  I have heard that this data can be pulled through the API and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-08-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there an LTI App integration in the works for Articulate 360 eLearning software?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I want to know if you can send a personalized message to each user. Like a mail merge. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We really love the idea of using the Amazon Education App Edu App Center  inside Canvas for book ordering, and we use "master courses" that we copy over each semester for new sections. When the course gets copied over, I lose all of the materials I'v...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

It seems that the option to display the grade statistics for the assignment in New Gradebook is gone (the old "Assignment Details" option that displayed AVG, HIGH and LOW scores, and number of submitted assignments). I couldn't find any other way to ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2018 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have two sections, and in one section the To Do List and Upcoming shows in the Sidebar, but in the other section it does not. Is there a place where I can turn it on? I have both home pages currently set to "Syllabus."

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-03-2018 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have created a multi-page online textbook using Canvas Pages. Some students need to be able to print these pages for offline studying or because they do not have access to the online site from home. When Canvas Pages are printed, any links in the p...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there any way to send a direct link to a student from a message (Canvas inbox) that will take them directly to a page or assignment? 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2018 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

When using the late policy, If a quiz has been allowed to have multiple attempts and is set to take the highest score, If the newest submission is late the late policy overrides the highest score function and applies the policy to the newest score on...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-06-2020 View Solution
  • 15 Likes
  • 61 Replies

I can only find a way for an overall course grade to be calculated from the traditional gradebook.  How do we set up the gradebook to calculate the overall course grade from the Learning Mastery gradebook?  I have all of the Outcomes set up in the co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,I am preparing graded quizzes in Blueprint course. I have prepared the question banks to associate these quizzes to. But it seemed the 'Question' option is missing. Can anyone advise please? Thank you.Quiz with 'Questions' option available  Quiz w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all,I have successfully gamefied my World Lit class and have Main quests, Side Quests, Item Shops, Achievements, Leaderboards (thanks Badgr for making this easy) etc.I have a non-graded category called "Hero Points."  These are the points they are...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there any way to see who has viewed or accessed a page? And I don't mean by looking at each student individually, but rather by looking at the stats for a given page and seeing a list of students who have viewed it...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

To create true rich content and save click I would like to embed content in difference to linking to them.Especially i would like to embed discussions and modules in a page.Is this possible?(I've tried with Iframe but you get the full page including ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-05-2018 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All, yesterday marked my first attempt to build a quiz, and the first problem that I found is that if students didn't write the answer exactly as I created it, it marked them wrong. In my case, working with ESL students, many students might have s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I'm in the process of converting my written tests over to canvas and I've run into a snag for my end of semester final. Is it possible for students to fill in a grid?I can build this in the question using a table. My final has 40 questions for 80% of...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi - I'm a canvas newbie here but I have lots of Moodle and Blackboard experience.I'd very much appreciate any help with the following little problem.I'm playing about the different ways that we might be able to share 'template courses'I want to crea...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I change my username?  My current email address is going to be decommissioned and I need to start using a different one.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-31-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there some way that I can import a quiz question bank from an existing spreadsheet, so that I don't need to manually create quiz questions one by one within Canvas?  For example, I have vocabulary lists that I would love to turn into Canvas quizze...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 20 Likes
  • 12 Replies