Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Imported a course from Moodle. Basically there are a lot of files that I need to move to different modules. Is there a way to select multiple files for movement at once? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am having trouble syncing my grades from Canvas to Powerteacher Pro (first year using PTP, had no issues with regular PS). When I go to sync a grade, I'm getting this error: "Grading Category missing for assignment." However, the assignment has the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2018 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies

For example: How do I do "this"?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-24-2022 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Because of my institution's particular needs, I am trying to find a way to add TA's to a course so that they can only interact with students in a particular section in Canvas. In particular, we want it so that when a student goes to the help menu and...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I concluded a number of courses, but now want to be able to download the quiz student analytics. Is there a way to do this in batch? I found a workaround, which is to go to People --> Prior Enrollments --> Select a person and click on the assignment ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to be able to replace files in canvas.  Is there a way to replace a file with a new file without first deleting the old file, then adding the new file?  It seems as though the only things you can do with a file is: download, rename, move...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to remove the "test student" from my roster on canvas?  Canvas keeps including this in my grades and statistics.Thank you,Will Gosnell

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-15-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can I remove or at least hide the test student from gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

how do i upload a picture to the disscussions board

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2018 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

As a teacher can I go to a course and print a missing assignment sheet for each individual student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2018 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I already have a parent canvas account, do i need to open a new one for my second child or just add? Where do i add his code? Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-05-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Let's look at one fantastically frustrating example...First let's go to quizzes on the left navigation panel. There are two quizzes, but they can't be "unpublished" because there are students submissions (note that there are NONE, by the way, not eve...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2021 View Solution
  • 10 Likes
  • 27 Replies

Is there a way to sort alphabetically by first name in the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I've done a search on the Canvas guides and the Q&A and haven't seen a solution for my question. I hope someone here has advice for this newb! I'm allowing 2 attempts at quizzes, but a 2nd attempt certainly isn't required. How does the system "know" ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Student reports that he is unable to type text into the text box for an assignment.  any ideas about what is happening?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I invite another teacher to share my course? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am currently having an issue within a Module where students are unable to access a link inside the module. The message students see says, "The file is currently locked". How do I unlock a file? Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2018 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Canvas imported all of my Blackboard folders as modules. How do I nest folders within modules. It appears you can only reorder them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello.How can i invite my friends to join canvas network

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've already cleared my cache and cookies and verified I have no data at all but I still can't upload a profile picture (and yes, other students in the class have and can do so). It attaches and then saves indefinitely while never saving. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-16-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Students are indicating that they cannot see or locate my discussions.  I have them published and I can access them.  How do I remedy this?Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to award partial points Categorization question types in quizzes.next? ##quizzes.next‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We have roughly 28 users in a course in the free version of Canvas.  Since all students became active, we are experiencing extremly slow loading times.  Graphics sometimes don't load at all, and uploads take forever.  Everything is lagging.  Browser ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is a Canvas course page for a large class I'm a TA for and I want to make some content visible only to student sections I'm teaching. I saw there's an option of making the content accessible only for students with a link but wouldn't that mean ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-23-2021 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone made a canvas emoji- are we allowed to do it? Would love to be able to do this. Any recommendations for an Emoji maker?

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-04-2018 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a phone number for tech support?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2018 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you do a word count on a document submitted from a student on Canvas?  It was very easy to do on Google Docs, but I can't figure it out on Canvas.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2020 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies

When I record a video comment in SpeedGrader, I can't hear the audio track on playback. I can see my lips move in the video. When I try to talk to text feature to dictate a comment, the mic picks up my speech fine. When I play audio on my computer th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-16-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

If you want to add an image to a course card, can you remove the color overlay or are you stuck with it? Canvas help says you can remove it but I can't figure out how. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2018 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

what does the blue dot beside an announcement mean?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2018 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies