Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Yesterday I had a strange issue - a published page was invisible to students. The module was open and other pages were visible. Removing the requirements in the module setting did not allow students to see the page. Removing the page from the module ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 22 Replies

UPDATE Jan 18, 2018  —Still broken. No word on a fix....UPDATE Aug 8, 2017  —Canvas recognizes this is a bug and is working on a fix (Cases #01843701, #01865357, #02000557). Not sure how or where to get updates on their progress.UPDATE Aug 4, 2017  —...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2021 View Solution
  • 36 Likes
  • 114 Replies

I am teaching a class for the second time and I would like to get anonymous feedback from the students about changes I can make to improve the course materials or lectures. I would like to initiate a discussion with the students but I want their resp...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2021 View Solution
  • 10 Likes
  • 13 Replies

The university wants to create a custom assignment for 10k+ students, who have been added to a specific course.Based on each students university student id a link is generated. We want the students to get this link as there assignment. What is the be...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2017 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Is there a faster way to move multiple questions between banks?  I am importing custom banks from offline for merger into my existing banks, and once I import them, I go to Move Multiple Questions (from inside Manage Question Banks window, after open...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2017 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Not sure where to post this as I cannot add comments to the release. Not able to embed or link to Google Forms. Anyone confirm or dispute this?Thanks

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is it possible to hide grading totals until a later date in the semester? I want students to see the graded assignments, but not the overall total grade at this time.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2017 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

In my own menu "Files" is greyed out.  The files I've uploaded have a green icon saying that they're published, but my students can't see them.     What I've been able to find in the documentation says that by default, files are supposed to be visibl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2022 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

What exactly does "Remember, changes to question templates won't automatically update quizzes that are already using those questions." mean? When I find an error in a quiz question that pulls from a bank and I fix the question, have I really fixed th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2017 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Does anyone know why Canvas sizes SCORM at about 40% of the browser window width?It looks like the iframe is of a fixed size, and I am trying to figure out how to increase the width so that the SCORM uses all available screen real estate.thanks!ricar...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-16-2017 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Looking for a way to have our instructors receive notification when a student has passed X quiz.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2017 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

We are using SCORM packages as graded assignments for compliance courses.  As it happens the content has been changed and needs to be updated.  We have not found a way to replace or overwrite the current SCORM package with the new content and maintai...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-28-2020 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 20 Replies

We would like to know how to set the Canvas session timeout period to 480 minutes.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2017 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When designing my page I used the Design launch tools to create buttons.  Has it moved or been embedded somewhere else?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2017 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need a copy of my exams that I can set the time limit on to give one student more time on the exam.  I have tried renaming an exam and importing it but it just replaces the original exam rather than posting a new copy.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-18-2017 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We are using Kaltura to do our media content, and one of the options is Video Quiz (external tool), where you can take a video and insert/overlay questions during the playback, and the results are automatically put into Grades.  However, I have disco...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 16 Replies

When I have a calendar event created by an instructor that doesn't require an online submission how can I mark the event as completed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas Calendar: is there a way to delete multiple events and/or activities at once vs. one-by-one?I have events and activities showing up on the Syllabus from 2014 in the current course of 2017.It is very time consuming and frustrating to have to de...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-18-2022 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Can you remove or hide courses that are inactive from the dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2017 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How long does it take for grades to post onto Skyward after I have done grade pass back from eCampus. When I clicked post grades for a quiz on eCampus, I did get the success message, but the grades have not shown up on Skyward yet.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have a student who was accidentally assigned a new ID in our SIS so when our Canvas SIS import ran that evening it assigned the student the new incorrect ID but all their enrollments are still referencing the former correct ID. We got the ID corre...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2017 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi! So, I'm returning from Christmas break to do my outcomes assessments. To do the assessments, I need to see the Analytics for my Final Exam for last semester's students. When I open the Exam and load the course I need to analyze, I see the student...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-15-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I've got a bunch of announcements in a course I imported that were delayed in their original course.   Now that I've imported them into the new course, the Delay date is unset.   I go Edit the Announcement, check the box to Delay Posting, and enter a...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a way for me to automatically assign points for a "completed" or submitted assignment?  In other words, can I set an assignment to automatically award points to a student who submits a response?   I’m trying this in my Physics classes.  They...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2017 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi Everyone,We have noticed that some of our module icons are greyed [grayed] out, despite being published. Does anyone know why?Cheers! Isobel

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-03-2017 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When "Find Questions" to a quiz, I am presented with a long list of question banks, most of which do not belong to the course I am currently working. This forces me to navigate this long list of banks from many other courses in order to find the ques...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2016 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Are the .epub files exported in a Canvas user's settings area accessible? I have read that the epub3 file format is the recommended standard for epub files, but I can't seem to figure out which "version" of .epub file Canvas exports. Any information ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have set up a Canvas quiz (actually a final exam) that is drawing 60 randomized questions from a bank of over 100 questions.  I have had several students report that they are getting one question repeated sometimes 10 or 15 times. I have checked th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I cannot access my course content through Canvas. I can access Canvas. When I do, there are large icons that I can click on, but I cannot access the content I need within the site. Is there an update currently going on or do I need to do something to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2016 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I make a discussion private so other students can't see a post?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-21-2016 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies