Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I had a teacher ask me if there are any free apps (LTIs) for plagiarism checkers in Canvas. He said that he found one called Unplag, but it will cost him $60 a year to use. He wants me, as the district admin, to add it to all accounts. However, I can...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I want to assign point values (1 through X) for multiple answer quiz questions, but I don't want the students to have the "hint" that a point value would offer. I do not see a "hide point value" option, as I had in Schoology. How do I do this? Thanks...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-11-2016 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I would like to hide old announcements in my courses. I do not need them deleted, I just want to hide them if that is possible.  If so, directions on how to do that are appreciated!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-07-2018 View Solution
  • 12 Likes
  • 18 Replies

In Canvas, once there are a self-organized group been created, the Student Groups will be created. the Student Groups tab will then stay in the People page forever.I can not find a way to remove it even there are no more groups inside.Can anybody sho...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I like to use some quizzes as a way for the students to self-access subject knowledge by allowing them multiple attempts.  My theory being that they can then focus study time on weak areas.  It appears that Canvas will only allow me to show all the r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2016 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can we create due dates based on the day a student accepts the class in Canvas?  So a student starts a class on Wednesday.  I add him/her to the class, they accept the course, and from that date it calculates the due dates.  So for example maybe the ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2017 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is the most recent assessment point used in the decaying average outcome calculation type the assignment with the most recent due date, or is it based on when the assignment was actually graded? I'm guessing it's based on the due date, otherwise stud...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I had instructor give a quiz.  There are a total of 21 students in the class, and all 21 took a quiz last week.  When I click on Quiz Statistics, the Quiz Summary only shows 15 respondents and their coordinating responses.  The instructor allowed two...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Opening PDF files-  I don't want students to have to download a pdf file to view.  I want it to simply open.  How do I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-26-2016 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have 30 quizzes in my course. I would like to make a change to all of them. Is there any way to do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2016 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to create 3rd party app following LTI standard. I am hosing canvas locally on VM. I am using self-signed certificate and set https requests to external tool.I need token in order to make API calls to Canvas.I am stuck at the step 3 of get...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-24-2016 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I remove people from my course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2016 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,Been reading a lot about cross-sectioning courses, though seems to be geared towards a one teacher to a many course layout.  Our desired model is many teachers to many courses AND we still want to have one location for a teacher to view all stu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to print a Canvas calendar; is there a function to create a PDF or somesuch? Also, what will print when I print?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2016 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the Master Course for BUSN 5620, I have tried to reset Student View, but it does not clear the assignments submitted when I click on Reset Student.  Also, when I used Test Student to submit a quiz, I cannot unpublish the quiz.  When hovering over ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2016 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

The official Instructure statement is that Canvas is supported on all major browsers.However, when I open SpeedGrader in Firefox... I get a little pop-up warning saying (something to the effect), "Crocodoc has a problem playing nicely with Firefox. S...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Undated events from the previous semester were carried over to my new fall Canvas site when I imported course content from last spring. I deleted these events from the calendar, but they still appear in the syllabus list and on the calendar's side me...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2016 View Solution
  • 16 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Greetings!Just wanted to say first thank you all very much for a very well made platform and great help content! you all are awesome!My question is: When I make an "Assignment" I have the "Display Grade as" option, in which I can choose to display th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2016 View Solution
  • 9 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a place I can get access to the native Canvas icons in graphic format? - I've already found the discussions in instructions on using the  anchor class to call the icons, but that it a limited use case.   I'm developing a series of icons/ but...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-26-2016 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,          Despite in Canvas Documentation says that "Delete a user" process cannot be undone (How do I delete a user from an account?) , we have the situation where a user was deleted but when an application tried to create it again with the s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-15-2019 View Solution
  • 9 Likes
  • 17 Replies

How do you shut off the "Course Stream" so it is not visible to students.  It misleads them.  None of your guides indicate how to do it.Frank Hatstat, JD, MBA

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2016 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I am developing a course using canvas that involves the study of HTML.I wish to display the elements of the form tag. I notice that canvas doesn't render these form element tags in a content page.For example, I wish to render an example of a textarea...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-05-2016 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

With this statement that just came out today from LeRoy Rooker, what will be Instructure’s take on this interpretation of FERPA?  What will your institution's take be on this interpretation?Ask the FERPA Professor| resources| AACRAOEssentially, LeRoy...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2021 View Solution
  • 96 Likes
  • 163 Replies

Has anyone been involved with a SF / Canvas integration - if so what were the key drivers & benefits?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is there a setting or CSS hack to have all replies in a discussion collapsed when a user enters the page so they can focus on the individual top-level threads?I found an old comment in the feature request to improve the discussion layout that mention...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Quick question, is it currently possible to give 100% credit to a question for 3 of the possible answers (let's call them A, B, C) out of 4? I know you can use regrade to give full credit for 2 possible answers, and there is an option to give everyon...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2016 View Solution
  • 15 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone know how to get an image on a canvas page become a pop up so that full detail can be seene.g for thisI know there is at feature idea at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/5197 but i need a solution now if possible

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2016 View Solution
  • 16 Likes
  • 18 Replies

Is there a global setting that can be applied to special student profile that extends quiz time instead of manually editing each quiz for student ? I have a student with special needs who requires additional time for quizzes.Instead of manually exte...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2016 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying to create a quiz for an assignment where I will accept any answer. This is my way of making an assignment a completions grade. Is this possible? If not, is there any other way to get this done?  Thanks for your help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2016 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a class in Canvas's CSS for screen reader only text? There are instances where my course would be more accessible if I could add text that would only display for screen readers. WebAIM describes this well in their document "Invisible Content...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2016 View Solution
  • 18 Likes
  • 14 Replies