Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

It would be nice to add a next button to the Canvas announcements as we have under pages in order to move from one announcement to the next.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello wonderful community One of our teachers has noticed that a couple of their tasks are behaving strangely. This only started this past Friday (28 Apr 2023). These tasks span a few courses and were all created in the related Blueprint courses befo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I move a quiz that lives in Assignments to Quizzes? My quizzes somehow ended up in the wrong place, and not only is it visually distracting, student scores are not appearing in Grades.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i don't have admin option in my canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, As the professor, if I have dropped an assignment such as an exam that is worth 100 pts. and "unpublish" the assignment, does this remove the point value of that assignment so that it is not counted inthe total for all assignments that were pa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, everyone. I am new to Canvas Free for Teachers. I would like to ask if I can use software called Hot Potatoes to make interactive content for teaching English to students as a SCORM package. I can't see a SCORM option in the first place. How c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Equation editor used to allow for the complete entry of the math problem that was being done. Now it only allows for the smallest amount of characters. WHY? Please program equation editor the way it used to be. On Timed tests, this new version wastes...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey everyone.  I suspect some of my students are using autofill feature of web browsers or extensions, to create their own database of answers based on practice exams which have the exact same wording as the actual exam. When the prompts are the same...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I realized late that I assigned 100  instead of 150 for the total possible points (not weighted). I already took attendance (more than once). Now I need to correct my mistake. However, the guides that I could access all said that I couldn't do it. I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been unable to reset my password for months. I have two emails assigned to the same course and neither of them will receive the change password email. I have contacted my tutor who says they have no restrictions in place on their end, so they ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get a list of all discussion threads where a particular person/student has replied? Currently, it seems I can only search the title and authors, not people who have replied or responded in a discussion. Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My NC High School CANVAS had issues where it would take a submitted assignment and then erase or not display the data when I checked the submitted assignment.  In these cases the teacher simply saw that the assignment was never turned in.I also had p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello ppl,I work for a school district and all our users have Gmail accounts. I would like to have the users use their Google accounts to sign in to https://<school>.instructure.comAny help or links to help set this up is appreciated. Techie211

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student video file submissions are downloading as much smaller file sizes than shows up in Speedgrader. I attached a screenshot of a video file in Speedgrader that shows as 90.3 MB, but it downloads as only 3 MB. Does anyone know why? Is there a comp...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 20 Replies

What is the pixel size for the canvas cards.  My current image is too big.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2024 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello everyone. We are an internation school for K-12. We are going to use canvas next school year. I wonder how canvas attendance sync to our SIS Veracross. I know Veracross can't receive data from Canvas now. Does some third-party develop some tool...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor. Our district has a policy that states that no grade can be lower than 50%, regardless of whether the student did the assignment or not. While I am using the feature that automatically applies a minimum score for missing assignment...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I recently signed up for a Scarlett Canvas Course for Licensure Reviews for Social Workers and I need a receipt for my company. How do I go about getting this? I have looked everywhere and I can't find an actual receipt for the $175 purchase. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have set up 10 outcomes at the SubAccount level. The outcomes range from N=5 to N=7 where N is the number of times a student needs to receive a rating of mastery on the rubric to achieve mastery. I have added those outcomes to a Rubric. I have alig...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How  do i  submit  test  scripts  after  the light  go off  I  need help  urgently  .  Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to release the Accredible certificate only if the candidate has completed the assessment with a minimum passing score?Is it possible to generate a unique certificate id? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm attempting to bulk upload student submissions from another in-class learning system as a Canvas Assignment submission. My goal is to use the peer review process in Canvas to evaluate the submissions. I don't want the students to do their own uplo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Each week I copy and paste a previous agenda onto the top of the same page (so I have one page with a running list of agendas.)  Often, I get an error message of "too_long" and the page will not save. After researching possible issues here in the Com...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-23-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,I want to use confetti without due dates being set. Is this possible?ThanksChris

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-25-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I dont have a zoom app on my Canvas Navigation or on my app list. How can I add? After I add the app is it going to work?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have noticed in the past month that the highlighter in speedgrader has gotten super sensitive. I try and highlight a sentence to provide an annotation and the whole paragraph highlights. I have tried starting the highlight from the front and from t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

The option to give a 0 grade used to be available in Assignments, Discussion Posts, but now students with no submissions do not show up in speed grader.  How do I fix this so students without submissions are included in speed grader?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Canvas developers should add a confirmation button whenever a user clicks the cancel button while on a quiz or assignment creation screen. I just lost fifteen minutes of work because, in my haste, I accidentally clicked the cancel button instead ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a couple of students that have read aloud, is there any way to "turn on" voice activation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the past, when a student resubmitted an assignment, the "Ungraded Submission" icon would appear in the grade book.  However, it is not appearing now.How do I fix this?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies