Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi collective. Is it possible for students to adjust their notifications so that they are alerted immediately  that there is a new assignment? It appears that students get a weekly email detailing new assignments, but i want immediately or, at the ve...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have several teachers who are leaving our district. One of our teachers has made item banks and shared edit access with other teachers. What will happen to these item banks after the original teacher leaves? Will the teachers with edit access stil...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am working with a user who runs into an issue with her Canvas messages. The message will send at a certain time, but the recipient will not get that message until hours afterward, even though the timestamp on both messages shows that the message wa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We create assignments in Canvas and have added Turnitin integration for plagiarism checks. When a student adds a submission via OneDrive LTI integration a similarity report is not created in the SpeedGrader. If they upload the file directly then a re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We are keen to use Course or Section start and end dates both  To better release the materials to students on different schedulesTo give us a little more granularity where we are looking at analytics/data If we use Course or Section start dates, what...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can i reset my Canvas Password  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I see my list of Summer classes 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello We changed 2 of our sub-accounts to use Elementary for our Primary students and prior to the change, teachers could apply nicknames to their courses (eg their Sandbox). Since we have applied Elementary, I can not find a way that teachers can re...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have just moved to Canvas and realized students are able to change the default email for Canvas.  Our experience with changing emails in Blackboard is this would cause a disconnect with certain LTI's.  Preferably, we would like all users to keep o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our college currently has every course and term from the beginning of time in our system.  When searching for courses in the admin view, courses from "day 1" appear and we need to either have the exact name of the course, search through a ton of "ter...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I know that there are some older posts about this and that there is the override trick of deleting the grade, inputting EX, and then deleting that to override the graded portion of a module. Is there a way to completely bypass a module for a student ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am missing a lot of assignments from a long absence and I would like to know if there is a way to see all of my missing assignments from every class so I don't have to check them one by one I'm not wondering if there is anything that telling your m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have read some of the other questions related to sharing rubrics, but they all seem to be for sharing a rubric between two of the same teachers courses. I am trying to figure out how to share a rubric with another teacher. I tried attaching it to a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-15-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, Doing some spring cleaning of the Canvas instance I manage. I want to create an Archive sub-account and then move the existing sub-accounts we no longer use into it, is this possible? I feel like if this isn't a feature it should be considere...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I delete a submitted assignment from canvas 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-14-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student did indeed take an exam because a grade shows up in gradebook history. But the grade does not show up in the student's grades, not does it show up on gradebook.  I cannot manually enter the grade that is in gradebook history.  The window is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I log into Canvas on my Macbook, my dashboard screen just glitches and does not display my active courses like it does on my chromebook. It will display the course under my courses tab but will not let me upload or show links to upload my assign...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

it wont let me enable the new feature "new quizzes"

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've searched through the Canvas guides as well as this Canvas Question forum, but I cannot find anything on a maximum number of sections a Canvas course can have. Does anybody know if there is a max # of sections allowed in a course? If so, what is ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-22-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, We are a smaller college and we are deciding on how to archive our courses. I have read in the community about concluding courses, creating Archive Sub-Accounts, and also inactivating users. I just have a few questions about how other co...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

For many assignments - I use the same instructions through multiple classes and courses.  IE it may be instructions on how to do the assignment and have links to what to do if they need more resources.   In the instructions - I link to the 3rd party ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was wondering if there was a way to leverage either New Analytics or Canvas Data to find out which instructors are utilizing the grade book within their canvas course.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I already have used the RollCall tool to take attendance for two class session. I already have the the RollCall entry under the Attendance "Assignment Group" RollCall Column displays in my gradebook.   Still, column is blank, no grade is displayed?...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-14-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need help in suspending users from Canvas for clean-up purposes. How do I bulk delete users that are no longer being used? Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am studying Canvas cloud assignment and this question just occurs to me.When student click submit in could assignment, is there a file copy to Canvas? What if the student make change on their Google drive file after they submit? Will the submission...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are submitting MP3 and AAC/MP4 audio files for their final assignment, but when I download their submissions through SpeedGrader, I'm getting lower bitrate than what they had originally uploaded. Plus, the files all appear to be transcode...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to take an interactive quiz with an attached video for a course I am enrolled in. The video will not load. I have tried multiple browsers and multiple PC's.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have imported questions to a course with QTI option, I can see the question in the questions banks when I navigate to the course quizzes section (see screenshot). However, I don't know how to make them available as a course quiz. Any help would be ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I've seen some posts about this that are one to several years old at this point so I figured I would broach the topic again in hopes this is a feature that gets added. I would really like the ability to release grades to students on a specific ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies