Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

i've trolled for this topic but find mostly dead ends from 2019 or so. We are implementing the MYP and would love to find out what best practices schools may have adopted using the Canvas LMS. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Student is making a response in a discussion and can show screenshots of what she submitted. Intermittently, her responses appear blank to me. If I go to “edit” her blank response, I see what she has submitted. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can no longer access my grade book. When I click on grades, it flashes for a brief moment and then doesn't load at all. I also can no longer view submitted assignments on Canvas unless I download and open them. This is happening with all my courses...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Currently the YuJa application is loading with the system navigation showing; with most links being broken for faculty due to permissions. The behavior I am after is open the application in frame without the system menu or breadcrumbs but still showi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why can't instructors and students subscribe to a Group Discussion? I am designing a course for 150 students, so we break the students into groups of 25. I have created a "collaboration corner" discussion which is non-graded, and students aren't requ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am running student council elections through Canvas. Students can select 1, or 2 candidates for each class representative position. I currently have these elections set up as ungraded surveys with a multiple answer question. Is there a way to limit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

You used to be able to click on a student's assignment through gradebook and speedgrader and score assignments using the turnitin.com tools. Students could look at teacher's comments from the turnitin.com LTI through gradebook and you did not have to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-23-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am the new Registrar at the Maine School of Science and Mathematics and would like to speak to my Customer Success Manager. Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our school board members have requested access to our Canvas instance. Their purpose is to better understand what is being taught at our school.Has anyone else allowed their (non-parent) school board members to access Canvas? I have set up a bare bon...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We're looking for a way to make it obvious to teachers (but not students) if a student has an allergy. Ideally a peanut icon could appear next to them in the attendance screen or elsewhere. I searched but didn't find anything on this topic. We could ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi folks! I'm a Canvas admin assisting one of my faculty members with question banks. When we look in their course and go to manage question banks, about 10 or so question banks appear. Perfect, that's what we want. However, when they go to add quest...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Canvas Community instructor guide "How do I hide or post assignment grades in SpeedGrader?" erroneously indicates that “Students will not be able to see their quiz responses while quiz grades are hidden” when the "manual" grade posting policy is ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have a course that has multiple teachers. Each of our teachers has the same default email address listed, which is a shared inbox, and a personal work email listed for sign-in purposes on the settings screen. When a participant clicks Help-->Ask Y...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-17-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to work with requirements in a module. The goal is to require students to complete a quiz, which contains a case scenario, before viewing follow-up material to the case scenario. I went into the module / edit / requirements / selec...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a Mastery Path that should show an assignment with a student scores a 10 on a quiz and a page to view if they do not.  In student view, I can see only the assignment when I score a 10 on the quiz. However, I can still see it and access...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor and would like to remove attendance notices sent by email to students.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. What is the diffrences between classic and modern quizzes that are to require LockDownBrowser, and how do you force set quizzes as always modern quizzes? We are having different issues between theese two, and prefer to have modern quizzes to be u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone, Does anyone know if we have any report on calculating how many downloads of a particular file in Canvas course? I see in Analytics, we have only file uploads. But our faculty prefer to see the download instead.I have tried to find a work...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! Can anyone tell me what the dinosaur image means in Canvas if it shows up in place of a quiz essay answer? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Students and faculty are unable to subscribe to a discussion, even though they have updated their notification settings and they are not required to post first.The option to subscribe is "greyed" out.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having problems and need help. Josephine Ezeanya

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-23-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Having problems with this assignment.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I’m investigating the expanded use of Canvas here at my university.  This question deals with the ability for an instructor to add a student to a class on the fly.Situation explained.  The university operates both didactic classroom courses and clini...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-15-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think I already know the answer to this question but I thought I would double-check. Per the Canvas guides, in order to award students full credit for a question in New Quizzes, you have to go into Speedgrader, then go into an individual student's ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor with a 'learning to learn' student learning objective.  I want to use the New Analytics student activity reports to show students their opportunity to learn more effectively by engaging in key content (pages) earlier (right after a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've received an extension on medical grounds but feel as though one extra day would make a huge difference for editing and submitting as the time I was granted extra was also spent catching up on work outside of uni. Will I receive an immediate fail...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I requested access to a Ventures Basic shell course on Canvas. I was promptly given access to Ventures Basic Units 1-5, as well as all of Ventures Levels 1-4 and Transitions, but I am missing Units 6-10 of Ventures Basic. I am working on Unit 9...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,New canvas admin here and I'm trying make sure I fully understand the Term end dates and what happens when those dates are reached.  I know that typically the course becomes concluded and goes into a read-only state on the Term End date.Our ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an instructor and looking at the instructor view in Canvas Gradebook, What is the meaning of the red dot icon in the upper left corner of the grade book columns? It appeared for the first time yesterday in some Discussion Board columns.Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2023 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies