Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Students have have submitted an assignment for peer review with a rubric attached, and they have provided feedback using the rubric. In instructor view, I can toggle between the peer reviewers to see the feedback provided on the rubric, but my studen...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm new. I have no idea where to post the following questions that I have.  1. What are the Pros and Cons of students being able to edit their Discussion posts and replies?  2. Is there an option to create time-limited edits? For example, "You will b...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I accidentally deleted a single test grade for a student when typing in grades. I was entering quiz grades in a different column and must have right the arrow key and overwrote the grade before I noticed. I do not know what it was, is there a way to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I had added another account to canvas in addition to my own student account. It was a student organization account, and I am no longer involved with the student organization. How do I go about "forgetting" the account? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently we have our Login Attribute set to NameID in the Authentication setting. Can this be changed to SIS ID in the Authentication page and Azure? Or is anyone using the SIS ID for the login attribute already?We have a purge process in our SIS an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Was wondering how other institutions deal with student-to-faculty feedback (notes) on questions they had difficulty with (in regards to how the question was phrased, rationale for why they chose their answer).  We had another Exam software that allow...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Previously, when a student turned in late work on Canvas that it would passback to PowerSchool with a late work status (red square) after grades were synced. However, this is no longer happening. I don't believe a setting was changed. Has anyone else...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!We're excited about starting to use the Account Calendar feature in Canvas. We're not having any trouble using the tool, but we'd like to have some processes in place related to when/how the tool is used. For anyone who has already started usin...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to enroll in the Canvas Certified Educator course. However, I receive these errors. I used both the credit card and debit card of our manager (with her permission). Can you help me with these? Thanks in advance.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,This is NOT about publishing/unpublishing, nor about simply hiding content. That is all easy.I am wanting to hide and show HTML content on a page so that I reveal the answer when a student clicks a button or whatever.Problem is the editor is confi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!I know that there is a new feature for Submit Assignment on Behalf of Student and am aware how to enable this in Canvas. However, our institution is also utilising Canvas Elementary. Is this feature available for Elementary? If not, is there an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have recently been made a QLearn Administrator & just logged into the Dashboard where I've discovered a course I haven't been into for weeks has just disappeared. All the files are still there but I don't think it's a visibility issue... apart from...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't connect my google drive to canvas. The guides say to select google drive under "other services" in my settings page. There's nothing to click under "other services". I've tried on Firefox desktop and Chrome mobile, and they both have the same...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

An instructor contacted me to say many of his current term course tiles disappeared from his dashboard. Upon checking the Courses > All Courses area, we found that *NONE* of his current term classes had the filled-in star -- not even the ones that we...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can anyone validate if they have been able to integrate with McGraw Hill's Connect products for higher education using the Canvas Free for Educators platform? Thank you in advance!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know that Canvas offers robust analytics for enrolled students but we have a course that's set to "public" and we're not asking people to enroll in order to lower the barrier of engagement as much as possible. In this situation is there anyway to t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A code I added is being accepted and works but only until I open the editor again. The part of code is deleted and it stops functioning.The anchor tag(bold part of code)  is deleted after opening the editor.Code: <div style="width: 100%; overflow: hi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone,At the school where I teach, there's a department-wide rule that students must attend 75% of class sessions in order to pass the class. So when I keep track of attendance, I need to be able to keep track of how many classes students have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-29-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Once students submit a quiz with a file upload, is there a way for them to go back and see a read-only version of the file they submitted? It appears this is possible with assignments but I can't find any information about quizzes specifically.If thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I frequently use the "prevent skipping" feature on Nearpod lessons. However, to get the "prevent skipping" part to work I have to have Canvas open it in a new window instead of being embedded in Canvas (which I don't like anyway because I think it's ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What are Points in Assignments and why do we have to use them if we are wanting to add letter grades to each individual assignment as well as the total grade? My school and I are new to canvas and I can't find an explanation to what the points are an...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I would like to create a term calendar for each year level that combines all learning area assessments onto one calendar e.g. Year 7 - all learning area assessments for term 2 on one calendar.  This would assist parents and the school knowing the ful...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When i go to the home page on my dashboard the Grades option is not in my Navigation bar on the left. I've tried adding it through the settings to not avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to include symbols and formulas for multiple dropdown type questions in quizzes? I know there is an edit option for multiple choice type, but I am doing hypothesis testing steps question and need to include symbols and formulas into mu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to be able to see more assignments and more students on one page. Unfortunately, the names of students are so big that I can only see 20 students at once. It's a rare class that has only 20 students. Similarly, I can only see 6 assignmen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Canvas Staff,I am a graduate assistant at the University of Oklahoma working with the finance department to generate quizzes for various courses. In this capacity, I am acting as a TA in the canvas courses. I would like to incorporate what are con...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,Has Canvas changed how dropped score show in student Grades. The dropped scores are gray text that is difficult to distinguish from non-dropped scores. Before didn't Canvas use an icon to indicate dropped scores.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies