Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can I use CSS and Javascript in a canvas course that only applies to that one single Canvas Course?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hold do i create a folder so that my students can submit an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to speak with someone who can help me with the gradebook

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a feature in Canvas that mimics a bulletin board? Namely a place where students can "post" artwork they have created? I have though of doing it with a discussion but wonder if there is another way. Thanks you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To whom it may concern, I accidentally signed up under the teacher sign up, instead of a student. I need to get this fixed ASAP. I had reached out to tech support which has not responded. Could someone please help me or let me know how to cancel this...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way I can submit an animated profile picture? I just want to put in a for my profile picture.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are currently wanting to move to an Azure SSO sign in implementation.We are following this document for guidance.   However, we are currently using CAS to get students authenticated, we would like to test the Azure method and implant it without br...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A suspension warning bar on my institution's CANVAS says, "This institution's Canvas account has been suspended. Only Account Administrators may log in to correct any problems."My teachers and Students cannot log in.What is the reason for this warnin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know why this grade sync error happens? And how to correct it?Assignment "assignment name" is not in an imported/synced assignment group in Canvas. Please ensure all assignments set to Post to SIS are in an imported/synced category.The te...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My "To-Do" list that is usually on the sidebar is not there, and there are definitely assignments that I need to grade. Is there a simple fix to get that back on the page?Thank youJason

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was just contacted by a student who has finished a course and his enrollment has been *concluded.* My understanding is that discussions should still be viewable to the student as read-only.  Here is the student view when I masquerade as the student...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I wonder why Canvas does not read HEIC files.  It reads all other picture file formats but not HEIC files.  Please fix this as a lot of students upload from Apple products.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-02-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi if I want to be able to follow the students' writing process how do I do that in Canvas? The process is so much more importanta then the final submission for me. In Microsoft or google Classroom you can make an assignment and see the studnets work...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,we're implementing Canvas right at the moment and have trouble with the lack of an option of capping grades at 100%. I searched the forum and found one or two posts, but I don't find info, if this feature has been implemented or not.Especially dur...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-28-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Can I associate a specific SE with a question in Canvas Quizes?Such as 5.9D

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-26-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all!Attached is a screenshot of the issue. I write multiple versions of the same question for my intro Mol Bio class (I am the instructor), which requires changing text in the answer fields. Problem is, the field shown is small and it is a real ha...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I require a student to respond to all questions in a quiz? This is a common function of web based forms, online surveys, etc. Is it possible in CANVAS?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't get the grade page to come up.  I click on "Grades" -- it goes to the Grade page, but nothing is visible.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is Canvas 24/7?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Before I upload a writing assignment I'm supposed to use the self-proofing checklist in canvas.  Where do I find this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to add a Word collaboration to to a group and when I try to add it I keep getting am error saying that my session has timed out and that I need to log back in. I have logged out and back in many times and it still does not work. How do I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

DELETED

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several discussion threads where I am unable to see all of the entries I know this because my students have shown me on their computers that they can see all of the entires I need to know how to fix this problem

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

While I have set the correct timezone in the course settings (Eastern), student accounts default to Mountain (in Free for Teachers).  So do the assignment due-dates automatically compensate for this?  We're all in Eastern Time.Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the interest of making my exams and quizzes more cheat-proof, I have started using Question Banks. I use external software to have students create uploadable files. However, some of the files are interpreted by Canvas as text files, making those f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Uploading fontsFrom the homepage side panel, click Brand.Click the Brand Kit tab. If you have multiple Brand Kits, select one to customize.Under Brand fonts, click Upload a font.Select the file to upload, and click Open. Only upload fonts that you’re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I mark an assignment missing, the box turns pink for some students but not for others. This started happening about a month ago. On the same assignment, the box will turn pink for one student, but not for another when I mark them both missing. T...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Create a formular quiz question with a single variable. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Upload a blank html file, link to that file from a page. In safari try to click the link, it will give you a content blocked message.I believe this is either a bug in canvas, or there is some plugin within our environment that is causing the issue. T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello everyone. I am struggling to find a solution to my problem with an AICC course I need to make available to our learners. I have no experience with AICC, and I'm not even sure I fully understand what my problem even is.Now, I know Canvas doesn't...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies