Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can we track attendance in a  asynchronous class?How do we access attendance on the New Analytics Attendance tab?  It des not apear on our Canvas instance.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 10 students in one course. 9 of them can see the course content and 1 can't. When we log into that student's account, I add them to the course and see it on the dashboard. Each time we log out of her account and log back in, there are no cours...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I get a search option on the dashboard to search for a Canvas Course?I need to be able to provide this options to other users to easily find a specific course from all the many options available to them on the dashboard.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Classic Quizzes, there are several options for setting up how students can review their quiz results (that is, the quiz questions and answers, not the test scores). One option is to set a limited timeframe in which students may review their result...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-08-2023 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to have multiple classes synced into one course shell? For example, a teacher has four American History classes with four different course shells. Ideally, the four course shells would be synced so that if a change was made in one shel...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning, I am trying to cut and paste a Word document for my first discussion post and Canvas is repaginating it and not preserving the paragraph and citation indentations. I don't know how to fix it and I've spent almost two hours now going thr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am on the Canvas page attempting to create content, however, I am unable to add modules and assignments.  There should be the "plus" sign on the top right corners, but they do not show up. See screen shots

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,As a partner, we have virtually zero responsiveness from the Canvas support team, so I am going to try my luck in the community. We have tried to enable Canvas "New Quizzes" in the following environment but still get the classic quiz UI.  https...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to allow all students in a class to view each other's submissions for an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I add an external URL it opens within a content pane. The URL contains an interactive module, but the content pane is not large enough for the user to navigate the module without using the scroll bars. This is problematic. Is there a way to resi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I have my course extended to finish the last module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the past, with a different VLE, I uploaded a breakdown of marks for students. This was for quantitatively-marked exams, and provided them with an overview on how they'd scored for different sections. So there would be six or so columns, each provi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This process starts but never completes 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Mac desktop is not letting me view my classes on the dashboard. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My company has an LTI app and we're considering how many bells and whistles to place on it. We're looking for some insight from others who use LTI, particularly in the app chooser once listed in the eddappcenter.How often do you get referrals from th...

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm not able to get out of studentt view.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently submitted a Google LTI assignment but want to switch it to the open in Speed Grader option.  I was told I could go back and edit it after students have submitted the assignment but it is not allowing me to do that.  Can I get some help wit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am not fmiliar with this new portal. I'm trying to locate information to Walden Librarian.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-06-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Hivemind!We're trying to set up a simple SCORM course where upon completion it triggers a completion certificate. After working with our authoring tool's tech support and running our course through SCORM Cloud, we were finally able to get Canv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I gave a group assignment. About 95% of groups submitted them correctly, but the remaining 5% said they had technical difficulties. I would like all submissions to go into Canvas the "right way" (i.e., as if students had correctly submitted them), if...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My program conducts regular student evaluations using a panel of graders. We have moved our comments to mostly typed/online and are looking to streamline this process. Moderated Grading through canvas does not quite meet our needs. Are there any exte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using Canvas as an educator for 5 years.  I have been using external documents using Google Cloud Docs to upload and post assignments.  Im unhappy with how easily students are sharing google docs and handing in shared assignments.  Im loo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Grading quizzes where student submit pictures is a nightmare. I teach a class with 140 students and each students submits between 6 and 10 pictures. Unfortunately Speedgrader does not display previews of student-uploaded pictures. This means that the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was in the middle of entering grades in a Google LTI assignment, where I can enter comments in the Feedback box just under the score for students.  The very next (and subsequent) student, the box was cut to a 1cm height and I cannot enter text into...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greeting All:I have  a navigation menu that I want to include in the first page of a long module.  I would like to build it as a table, but not have it take up a lot of room on the page.  Is there a way in Canvas to have a table with a scroll bar?All...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,I work for a school that teaches several languages, including some that do not use the Latin alphabet, like Chinese, Arabic, Greek and Russian. I've just received a mail from a colleague that his class diary is not accessible to students,...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-24-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I appreciate IT support is a secret...I get it.  I am trying to login to the UAGC website, and once again the landing page goes everywhere but the classes.And then I try to reset password...no luck.Email for IT, not on page.Phone number on IT page......

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good dayMy dashboard is not giving me all the options nor does it show the courses I enrolled for, nor can I view my calendar, key dates or all the other important information.I need help please.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to find my Student ID# and would like some help with that.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructorI have several presentations under one heading in a Module. I replaced an item but now there is an empty box from the original item. It has an image of a bear and 'Media not Found' .How do I remove this box?Thank you very much

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies