Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm a teaching assistant, and the professor I'm working for has asked me to replace some questions in the final exam that had a correct response rate of over 95%. The problem is that I don't know how to find the statistics of the old version of the q...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been supporting Canvas at University of Wisconsin-Madison for the past five years.I think I am missing something, and I can't find the right language to look it up in the Canvas guides. My root question is: Are there specific actions within a Ca...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I have run into a problem when trying to manually add the redirect App to a course navigation bar. I've not had this issue in the past and a bit stumped as to the reason why I'm running into this error now.Any guidance would be appreciated.Thanks....

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way we can get the gradebook to average grades on certain columns and not include others until the end of the semester?For instance we give 3 exams (2 are weighted the same and the other is different) and the students must have an average ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-17-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not sure if this is a bug but the incorrect quiz answer message doesn't appear if you have at least one correct answer (but not all correct answers) for a "select all that are correct" type of question. I can only get the "wrong answer comment" to ap...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can our institution participate in the beta feature of Canvas Virtual Assistant? When will the actual product be available?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Canvas Gradebook was loading fine for me at about 4PM yesterday but by about 6PM it would not load. The frame was blank (I could see content start to load but quickly disappear) with the exception of the keyboard shortcut icon, which was non-resp...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am supposed to submit 6 individual paragraphs for one assignment. My instructor said I would have 6 submissions. I am not sure how to do that without "re-submitting" my assignment! PLEASE HELP!! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

[second time posting this since my first message was inexplicably flagged as spam — let’s try again]Recently, I’ve stopped receiving email notifications when a student uses the Canvas Inbox to message me. I haven’t made any changes to my notification...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-16-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to this program; so, how do I magnify what I am reading? Damaris Mills

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Reaching out about opportunities to scale canvas. My company has a project where we will be enrolling many more students than our previous project with Canvas. Any insight into scaling as an ADM or INSTRUCTOR for learning pathways, analytics, enrolli...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will I still be able to access my course material, after I am no longer enrolled as an active student at the school I am currently attending? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can CANVAS automatically conclude student after the section end day??If not, I don't mind to do it manually but is there have any way to do more than 1 student at once ? Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once i publish an annoucement, it looks like a jumbled mess. Does anyone know how to fix this? Support hasn't provided anything useful yet.    

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Instructor here.First, the easy one: is there really NO way to style Inbox messages? Really? Second: Canvas has stopped sending email notifications when a student uses the Inbox to contact me. I’m not sure if this just happened or if it’s been true f...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are using PowerSchool as our SIS and connected with Canvas LMS.  We have a teacher who resigned  on 2/3 and a new teacher started on 2/4. How do you handle this change in Canvas?  If the teacher who left remains active in PS (but cannot log in), t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I am teaching a course that allows students three unexcused absences. After the third absence, they lose 5% of their overall grade for each additional unexcused absence. Meaning four unexcused absences would result in a loss of 5% overall, fiv...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,I am helping an instructor who is teaching a course where group sets are attached to multiple discussion board assignments, with the exception of one board. When she goes into Speedgrader to grade the discussions on the board that has no group ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When transferring SIS providers I have lost the notification that occurred when a user's account was created by the SIS.  Would inserting "canvas_password_notification" heading column with a boolean "True" next to each user trigger a notification onl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-15-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I have a user who is having a strange behavior with their forum posts within Canvas. Some of their posts are changing the language from english to something else (I believe it's Thai) on their own as the student says they are not doing it, an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some discrimination scores are displayed in red and others in green+black. What is the significance of the colors? I searched but can't find an explanation.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to have the text boxes resize when students are annotating? Right now, typed text goes from edge to edge. We've tried looking for a way to resize but can't find it. We've tried putting returns in the text--that doesn't work. There has ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey, my name is Terisha Sigler, and I need help with signing in and trying to see my teacher I don't know if I'm doing it right and I'm trying to do it before the 22nd so I won't get dropped from the class.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I created my Canvas Sandbox, I created using my company name. So it is companyname.instructure.com. However, now that I want to show Demo of my product to my target audience, I feel I should give them link of my subdomain that reflects the produ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am a new student and I am having trouble finding how to download my ebooks and where I can send an email. I kind of stumbled across this option and thought I might be able to get an answer here. Can anyone please help with directing me? I ju...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi CANVAS Community,A Student wrote me the following email:"I have a request about the platform, I am trying to add different files as sometimes I do it from work on my spare times and not using my computer the whole time so that means I cant save it...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Howdy,I'm looking for a way to determine the date that students first access a course.Is it possible to pull a report or similar showing this, without the use of Canvas Data?Cheers

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Via the "Reports" feature, I can get a count of students that got a question right or wrong (by looking at the distribution of scores).How can I get a list of the specific students that got a particular question wrong? I've got an issue with a questi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am attempting to add another instructor at my institution (in my department) to my canvas class as a teacher.I sent her an invite via the email option and got the message that the invite has been sent. However, she didn't get it. I attempted to re-...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have an instructor that is attempting to post 10-minute feedback videos for student submissions. After he records the video within Canvas, it can take a few minutes to process or just hangs and never processes. I did a speed test with him and his u...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies