Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Apparently this is the only way to change your community name. Someone. Please. Help.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to add my rubric to an assignment and then use it in Speedgrader. I do not see the box to check to "use this rubric for assignment grading" as an option. It's not a huge deal, but then when I am grading in Speedgrader I need to reenter th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have written comments on all of my 20 students paper on Gradebook, doing all of them before I submitted them, but when I went back to them (and they now have an asterisk by the comment) the "submit" function does not seem to upload the comments and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I log in to my Canvas page, the following display pops-up and does not allow me to access my information and courses, what should I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I get a pairing code?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to download all submissions as a zip drive, so that I can share the files.  I am not seeing the option to "Download Submissions." I only see speedgrader and how many have a file to be graded.  My students have submitted a Media recording ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For those who recently migrated to Canvas, did you choose to have Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes (or both) turned on? There is a plethora of information about quizzes available in the community - so much so that it is hard to find a simple answer. I ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What does "participation" actually measure under New Analytics?  It doesn't seem as though it's page views since that value can be vastly different than the participation number.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After editing an ASSESSMENT link, the colored button disappeared from the page. How would I restore this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Los profesores me piden que les explique como exportar las notas finales para los alumnos (les mostré el csv en excel, pero no les gusto) y quieren que se vea el logo de euneiz y que parezca mas "profesional" y no solo un simple excel.Quieren que sal...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hola!  Alguien sabe como se podría configurar un curso dentro de Canvas y el contenido de este curso, para que sea consultable por el participante una vez ha finalizado el calendario de realización del curso? Es decir, que se le mantenga en modo cons...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a part A and part B for a question (it is still one question) but canvas keeps trying to convert my numbering. Is there anyway to turn off automatic numbering?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teachers at my school are unable to view the progress of a student through a module containing over 40 activities. The 'Structured Study Plan' has the status as "unlocked" for a student, but it should list all  discussions and quizzes that have not b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've just started using Big Blue Button as it was not available at my previous school.  I used it last term and did have a student join the meeting so I know it works in some way.  However, I noticed when setting up my course this term I could see Bi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to determine the best practice with rubrics.My usecase is a course with discussion tasks which use the same rubric. we can either:1. Reuse the rubricbut if you need to update it you have to unlink it from all (you can leave 1 connected) th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good day to allIf I have 2 Accounts, can I duplicate the assignments or other activities from one account to another?Your help is required ASAP Thanks  Don Ogilvie

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can I not add my Canvas class group when I use Flipgrid??  I see other students videos, but when I attempt to add my own, it says I can't do so.  Very frustrating...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,My question is about the total activity area in "people". Will that activity time continue if students remain on one canvas page watching videos. For example, if I have 2 hours of lectures for students on one canvas page and students watch them...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The computer says my name is Rebekah, but there is a problem. I'm a recently transgender male and I want to nickname myself with my account on my school computer, but I can't. Nothing I do works, and I need help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi my name is Dominique Canteen and this is my first time ever taking online classes so I am confused on what I am supposed to be doing first.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of our instructors would like to see all posts by a single student throughout the semester. Lots of instructors use online discussion boards as a complement to in class discussion, and being able to easily see all of a student’s contributions to ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a google slide on my front page in an iframe with links to assignments.  By default they open in a new window.  How can i get them to open in the parent window.  https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/6145115/pages/derby-public-school-strategi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good morning! A faculty member has reported an error with the audio comment option in Speedgrader (that I was able to confirm as an admin). They state it no longer recognizes when a punctuation mark is to be used - i.e., saying the name of a punctuat...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where is Student Analysis now? With the previous view, I went to the specific quiz, then Quiz Statistics and then Student Analysis. I don't see these options with the new view.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I see many posts about how the Grade Posting Policy is set to Automatic by default. I also see many people asking that this be something  we can change at an admin level.I am looking for the WHY  of this policy. My staff are asking for the logic behi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I created an S3 bucket, then tried to create a file share using the provided role from the dropdown of the Canvas AWS Lab. The file share status remains as "unavailable" and I'm not able to copy files to the mounted volume. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. Last semester my students used Canvas with no issues. This semester we are using the same Canvas, but they cannot reply to my discussion posts. They are logged in. I have not closed comments - comments are open. I don't understand why they can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I am in unit setting and view marking scheme and manage it, it shows I have more then 10 schemes, not only in one unit but also in others units. but I never set them before.However, when I get in to marking schemes at admin setting, there has on...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have tried lodging a ticket with the Canvas helpdesk, and have also tried calling their Australian offices, but to date have never heard back from them.Is anyone able to suggest another way of contacting them?  We have an issue which is affecting t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My Canvas course is just one week in duration. It is an orientation type of course that prepares adult learners for remote learning. Both Discussions and Assignments are used in the course. My problem is that student submissions accumulate week after...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies