Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello,I'm working with the API to get the modules using this route: GET /api/v1/courses/COURSE_ID/modulesIt's returning as one of the modules not published. but in the front end, it says the module is published.I don't know what could be wrong here. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Text material in the assignments I've created for my students has begun to appear distorted when my students open the assignment.  Sentences lack spacing and paragraphs are broken down. I can't fix  that on my end. My students are saying they have se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

¿ Existe un límite en la cantidad de estudiantes que se puede agregar en Canvas de la versión Gratuita para profesores ? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

First semester I would provide directions or example for the students and it would show up as I typed it.  This semester what the students see and sometimes what I see is words and sentences all mixed up.  It is creating difficulty for all of us as s...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-08-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We provide curriculum for several schools using Canvas and would like to organize students by school, even though students from different schools can be enrolled in the same course. Is there a way to do this?We want school admins to be able to see wh...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Notifications can be delivered in a daily summary, which is set to be delivered at 18:00 by default, or a weekly summary which is set to be delivered at saturday between 17:00 and 19:00 by default. Can a user change the time and date for these summar...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to share a Google Earth Project (a .kml file) in Canvas? Any guidance is greatly appreciated! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Greetings,It seems that I cannot find 'vary points by answer' feature. We are using Canvas open source version. Is there any settings to unlock it?Thank you in advance  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I looked into how to delay an announcement and followed the instructions to check "Delay" under "Options" then choosing a time. However, the instructions in the Instructors Guide and any I found in the question form explain that I should then click o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hy what is the difference/relationship between canvas and ulwazi

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having two issues currently with using the Edpuzzle app within Canvas. 1. When Canvas is pulling the grades over it is giving my students strange scores (ex: 15.01 out of 16). When I go to Edpuzzle the score says 15 out of 16. 2. I have my Canva...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot view comments being made by students in an anonymous peer review assignment. When I click the student who was assigned I get an Unauthorized screen. I am the faculty member teaching the course so have no idea why this would be.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I have an assessment that is already published and make changes, will this automatically go to students that have not already started?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Everyone,I have faculty with courses that involve both individual assignments and groups assignments. I've received multiple notes that faculty get the "Select a Student Group..." message in Speedgrader for individual assignments, and then it a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,There is a link on our left nav bar that points to an external site. I want to change that link but only for this particular page, not all Canvas courses at my college. We have done this before, but we can't remember how we did it. I've been to Se...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Last year Canvas began populating my To Do list with assessments which needed to be graded that were made using the New Quizzes option.  It was wonderful.Today it appear that this update has been removed.  When students complete a test created under ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to remove the assignment that I have submitted and upload another one.  Can you help with this? It says that re submissions are allowed but I can't see what I can do to achieve this.  thanks. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I am trying to figure out if there is some sort of way I can edit the course navigation for all new courses that are made. Right now whenever I make a new course it adds course navigation links to simple syllabus, and other LTI software that w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-07-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I Can't create or edit an assignment, I don't see the option.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On every one of my courses (22/23 year, maybe previous years too) there are incorrect display properties - everything is jumbled up (assignment files for sure, maybe other things as well).  Has anyone else experienced this issue in the past week and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

How do I import a grade sheet from a previous version of a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason, it thinks I'm an admin? Also, how do access my class? Do I have to wait until it starts? Please help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Kindly help me to resolve the DNS option in the canvas  LMS so that we can create a customised application for creating a customer records in the LMS 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assigned assignments to my class with a numbers file template. However when they click the file to edit it they can't save the file as their own in their own login. Help please

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need students to upload a Numbers file to a module/assignment on Canvas Student Qlearn App. It says students not authorised to do this. Is this an admin issue I need to find out?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, I'm writing to ask about my OLE courses on Canvas. After enrolling three OLE courses, there's no options in the time preference procedure regarding my OLE courses, and I can't see any OLE module on my Canvas. I greatly appreciate if you can...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My internet speed doesn't seem to be an issue, but it's very slow on every device I have.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A week or so ago Firefox updated to version 109 and even since then all of the windows are blank. This has happened on a few different computers with the same OS and Firefox. I can see the navigation bar on the left, everything else is blank. I have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-07-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A few of the students for a class I TA for have asked to retake quizzes as practice for an upcoming exam. Is there any built in feature in Canvas that allows me to reopen quizzes that give correct answer feedback without it affecting their original g...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies