Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The Quiz Item Analysis stopped working yesterday (Jan. 24, 2023) for my assessments. When I go to reports, it has 0 for Standard Deviation and 0 for high and low scores and the mean.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!Whenever I go to any discussion board for my Canvas courses, the page fully loads in (there is no buffering or anything happening) but nothing is displayed. This only happens with discussion board assignments, quizzes and submission assignments...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I start an initial post on canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Thank you for clicking on my question.I want to connect between Canvas and Google Classroom.However, I didn't know except for Google Assignment.Is there any way to connect the Google Classroom?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I typed in a student's name incorrectly when I set her up in Canvas. How do I correct the spelling of her name? I don't know where to click.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a student in my class who is also an instructor in our domain.  He can edit the class even though he is listed as a student when looking at the people in the class.  Thank you! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working with a teacher who is trying to install badgr for her section of a course. The other sections and teachers have been successful in adding badgr and connecting badges in the modules using the shared issuer in Badgr. For one of the teachers...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I took two classes with one professor and I am in six different groups. They take up space on my phone app. How do I leave these groups? The classes are over.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I have created a Quiz that has two questions.  The first one is a Test (no question) and the second is a Fill in the Blank.When a student takes the quiz, the first question doesn’t have any sort of header.  The second question has a header and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I hope this is a simple question: do I need to grant access to the Files tab/app on the left of the Canvas page to students (making it available for them to use) in order for them to properly use the Modules function? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-24-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there!I was wondering how to add multiple pictures to an inbox message on the app. Every time that I’ve tried it says that even one file (one picture) is too large to add or insert.Thank you,Dasha

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Bit of a mystery. I have been searching the guides and question forum for similar issues and can't find any. Next up I will need to submit a ticket, but thought I'd ask here first.I'm an admin. I have an instructor who is unable to reply to student m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am handling a class with a lot of quizzes and students, and some of them have specific accommodations.Is there a way to assign accommodations to specific students, so every time I create a quiz it is modified automatically according to these...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Two problems with the new test Keys:1. when you generate a key the PDF generated doesn't allow users to select text, and it is constructed in a way that even when you use the Adobe tool to identify text it still does not.2. Hot spot answers on printe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Inbox allows me to type a message using the return key to make paragraphs but then ignores them when the message is sent. The recipient only gets a single block of text regardless of how many paragraphs were entered. So a message composed as: Dear Xy...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have not been receiving any email or push notifications. I have looked over the notification settings and they are set as needed, but I still haven’t received anything despite getting announcements and assignments only in canvas. What can I do to s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an alternative to the publish/unpublish card view, having a setting to show the dashboard courses by roles would be awesome. For example: Instructors who are teachers in one course, and students in another course can have the option to view these ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a puzzling oddity that I can't figure out. I have a number of Graded Surveys (in Classic Quizzes). One of these surveys doesn't open to students until Feb 12, and yet somehow Canvas has assigned zeroes to 74 students (even Test Student has a z...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have been able to write emails to students using simple formatting such as paragraphs. However, that changed today when all of a sudden my messages (ones I wrote as well as received) appeared as one block of text even though the messages were previ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good evening,I have been having an issue trying to get onto canvas when I use my Wi-Fi from home. Unfortunately I have to live in Tijuana for a little until i can afford to find a place closer to school and being that I work full time all I would rea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to share a PowerPoint file I presented in class tonight with my students.  How do I do that?  I'd like to be able to set up a folder for Class #1 and put files in it to share with the students.  I want to be able to do this for all my classes....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to give permission to see/edit the LH navigation menu in settings without having to enrol in the course for a custom role. Which permission controls the right to see/edit the LH navigation menu in settings? 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I need help. My discussion for Spanish 2 is not recording the speaker I am suppose to be mimicking. It only records my voice repeat the words.Is there something in the canvas setting that needs to be fixed? This feature worked all last semester. A...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When uploading a student CSV file to Canvas, we get an "Invalid UTF-8" error if any row has characters such as í or ñ in the name fields.   Notepad++ indicates the file is UTF-8. Are these characters not valid UTF-8?  Is there any way to upload files...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In Blackboard the students email was listed in the class roster, in canvas they do not provide the email address only when you click on it it goes to the email in class and I have to send an email since I'm a PC an inquiry in regular walden email. Pl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A professor recently reached out in regards to 2 different time stamps showing under their module assignment settings and they are wondering why one is showing 9AM and the other shows 11 AM and wants only one (the 9 AM) to reflect since it's confusin...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As an instructor, I understand how to rearrange the columns in the gradebook, and that I can also drag each column for custom placement...but PLEASE, can the developers come up with an easier way to do that?? It takes forever for me to drag each indi...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi,I am trying to delete courses and enrollments, not in the selected import file. I am getting this message: An enrollment referenced a non-existent section.Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi the colors of my classes are appearing different from my MacBook compared to my iPad and iPhone. I was able to turn off the high contrast off on canvas on my MacBook but for some reason it is still on on my iPad and iPhone and I don't know how to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I go to print a quiz from canvas - it does not convert the Latex type to math and so it does not print correctly. Any ideas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies