Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how do I find a zoom link for a course when it isn't in my dashboard but it shows im registered on ssol??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to let my students see the correct answers for a quiz after it is due and no longer available for them to attempt. I do want them to see the answers eventually for learning purposes, but I give them unlimited attempts and they can use their bo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-24-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have sent information to the class as an announcement in canvas but do not know if the class gets these before the class opens on Monday. How can I send this information to class by email so I am sure they got it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two courses that I need to revamp after meeting with students. This week, students have answered two online attendance questions. Can I UNPUBLISH the course and do the revamp so students do not engage with the course or get notices that there ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As part of my Community Interpreter training, I need to be able to sight-translate documents that may be relevant to clients' needs in particular assignments. One such document mentions a Reception Desk where students can formally submit their concer...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm training as Community Interpreter. As part of my training, I need to be able to sight-translate and explain documents that may be relevant to clients in a chosen assessment Role Play. One of these documents refers to a Learner Service Team that s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-24-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have spent 5 hours trying to figure this out. I cannot find anything about changing my school district or even what i put it as. If anyone knows were i could even just see the district name it would help immensley

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove an old class off of canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With a lot of classes, it can be hard to remember where things are in each class.A search canvas feature would be nice so I can search for a particular book, assignment, wording, or announcement within my class instead of haveing to go through a doze...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to create an S/P2 account for automotive B10 and where to go to create the account. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! For the past two weeks, my colleague has sent me modules and quizzes (classic) for math, but when I upload them, they never show up.  It says "starting to upload file" but then never does. I've even tried to upload it again. I had her send me ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to send a student an element of a module (link to a recording) directly, but when I search for their name/email in the "send to" feature it does not pop up. In fact, only staff emails populate. How can I send students content directly?Tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Large courses for us are courses with 100's of students and multiple TA's to assist the teacher with the administration of the course.   The can happen because it's a single large course everyone registers for, or because there are multiple small sec...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Students can only see up to 10 "course" calendars. Can that be modified? Several extracurricular clubs use Canvas, and this pushed their "course" count higher than 10, and they do not see the post unless they uncheck another.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If user  A is created  then his 1 license will used. If we delete user A after 3 months and creates another user B.. will User B utilise remaining 9 months license period of user  A?  Or will user B treated as new license when he is created and user ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi- im wondering in the old learning place staff space you could find resources, videos, old ILM resources etc- where do you locate these now?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I upload an audio message for my students in the welcome video area WITHOUT a visual video?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm an admin of my school's Canvas. I believe this issue happened a long time ago when I started using the site and messed up a lot.  The issue is that my account seems to link to another person's account. For example, when I search the name of that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Today I gave a quiz with a 65 minute time limit and due date of today. One student is special needs and needed extra time. I went in to the quiz and typed her name into the bar where it says who to assign the quiz to. She finished the quiz, but now h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,I am using PowerBI to start to build reports from Canvas data.  I was able to recursively loop through accounts, sub accounts and so forth, including pagination.  However, I hit the enrollments and it only returns the first page.  So, I did so...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What are the Orange dots next to the date when viewing my submission comments to the student in their individual grades?     

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change to grade book to only display one decimal place rather than two decimal places? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am currently weighing up the benefits of courses vs. sections. I like the idea of putting all classes into their own separate courses to provide teachers with full control over files, pages, assignments etc so that they can make changes and differe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

An instructor used canvas regrade with the old quizzes and gave students full credit for the question. However whats happening is that for some students the question was regraded and they received one mark while other students still received a grade ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

After I compete recording my video and hit "submit" I get an error message saying it cannot be updated to my class discussion forum. The same thing occurs when I create my own video (not using the Canvas platform) and try to upload it.Thanks for your...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We received notification from a student that states their Canvas app showed a different due date for an assignment than the actual deadline posted in the desktop version by the instructor. Upon acting as the student in Canvas their account appeared t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am trying to be creative with my canvas course and add buttons to make it easier for students to access information.Is there a way of only linking one module per button?Each time I try and link a module it shows all the other published modules in t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get my canvas up to date?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The text of the deleted comment is gone, but there is still a non-editable record in our Discussion Board showing who deleted the post and when it was deleted, as shown below:Deleted by Rebecca WoodDeleted Jan 18 10:50pm Deleted by Rebecca WoodDelete...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I enable students to see assignments? Currently they are disabled.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies