Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

For my first assignment, Canvas's Assignment Dashboard/Upload buttons do not show the submission button- I can choose to upload the assignment, but it won;t let me submit it.  Same problem using Firefox and on Chrome- resizing won't help.  I suspect ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am staying at the same College but changing jobs. How can I remove myself from Canvas courses? I have a teacher title in the courses. I can remove others but do not see an option to remove myself. Thoughts please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,I hope all's well.We are trying to run analytics on quizzes via Student & Item Analysis.  This week we had to change some former learners' roles back to Student to get their grades visible in the quizzes. However - for some quizzes, their...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have some projects where students basically do multiple mini-projects--like a timeline of 10 scientists with the same 7 bits of information provided for each one. When I was grading these on paper, I used a grid rubric that let me just go across ea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I open the "Status" menu for an individual assignment, I do not have the option to select "Resubmitted." What can I do to add that category back into my menu?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have submitted my document as an attached file, I can see the file when I click on the assignment, and it shows submitted with the date and time submitted. However, on the bottom in between the "previous" and "next" buttons, there is a button that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-10-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am trying to create a new assignment, but when I click "Submission" and then click "External Tool," I no longer see the Google Drive option, but instead I see "Google Assignments LTI.3." When I click on that button, it says that my current e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I do not see my past courses under my dashboard. Can you help me view these?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to exclude students from an assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,When I try to login to Respondus, it says my browser is not up to date however, I updated lockdown browser and chrome and it still isn't working so I am unsure of what to do. Thank you! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The setup: Students have to complete weekly modules in order to access the final exam. The weekly modules are set as pre-requisites for the exam module.The issue: If a student once completes a required module but then the instructor changes their gra...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi,I am working with a faculty member who set up a Flip assignment using the Flip-Canvas app integration. Students were able to successfully participate in the Flip, but now that it's time to grade, the faculty cannot see the videos in their Speedgra...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I delay Announcements copied from a previous semester.  I understand how to delay new Announcements, but not copied ones.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I-learn says to click on "courses," then the name of the course, then "grades" but I don't see a "grades" link to click on anywhere on the page.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have Writing evaluations and students who type int he text box are alerted that a word is spelled incorrectly.   Is there a way to turn this off on BOTH the Student App and also the Browser?  Thanks!

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to turn off the reply sidebar? It is awful. It doesn't allow me to see the whole thread as I could before and it posts my reply to the main board instead of the thread at least 50% of the time.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Specifically, I'd like to know how this individual separated their modules with the headers you'll see in the image below. Using indents on the text header does not CENTER the text as the text will only indent so far. Any ideas on HOW the person did ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Greetings! I'm the instructor for an adult, non-credit course that we offer twice a year, and after several sessions, it's now time to refresh portions of the quizzes. But I get a warning from Canvas ("Students have either already taken or started ta...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Announcements ,discussions, syllabus ,grade everything is missing from my left side of the page .

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I create a banner (not an announcement) on the Home Page in Canvas to be eye-catching? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We're getting a resource not found error when a student attempts a quiz after three months of setting up Canvas. If we do a new Canvas installation it works for the first three months and stops again. Upon closer look, we discovered that the table 'q...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

All students are required to complete a quiz on the Syllabus before they are allowed to proceed with any other course work.  They must agree to abide by the syllabus before they are allowed to continue with the class. If they don't take this quiz the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there, I am trying to create two certificates, each comprised of 5 courses. What is the best practice for doing this in Canvas? If I create the courses separately then there doesn't seem to be a parent object in canvas -- just the parts, which wil...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I thought I had found a work-around, but the videos corrupt...help.I need to embed videos and/or clips into quizzes for my students. I was copying the links from 'pages' and pasting them into quiz instructions - which worked for a while - but now tho...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

the instructions keep telling me to go to "course Navigator" and I have NO idea were to find this. No very computer savy and this is my first online class, so please make it simple.Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The announcements tab shows that it is not visible to students.  How do enable the students to view the announcements?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I re-use material from last year's course into this year course? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear All,My use case appears to be entirely out of the scope of Canvas design. Please read on.My team runs a 2-hour workshop via externally created Zoom meeting from pages in Canvas on two consecutive days every Fall and Spring semesters with each da...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to grade all assignments within 72 hours of submission.Is there a countdown tool or notification setting I can use to help reach this goal? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a high school teacher using Canvas Free for Teachers. My students create accounts with their school gmail & use the same password, however, Canvas will repeatedly log them out and they are not able to get into their Canvas accounts. When ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies