Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have 3 students all taking the same course but in different sections. How can I place these 3 students in a group in Canvas so that they may work together on a project for the class? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, is there a way to make the class roster hidden so that the students CANNOT see who else is in the course?  I have an Academic Probation Canvas page, but it is not an actual course, so I do not want the other students in the class to see who else ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There are several posts on this, but no one ever seems to answer, and the posts are from about 5 years ago. Are xAPI files supported on canvas? If they are how would I go about importing an xAPI file? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a teacher. Are we able to see what students have a parent observer linked to them, or a list of parent observer names?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a world language teacher, I need students to be able to type sentences and SEE their entire sentence at one time. The Fill in the Blank question blank is too short. It should expand with the size of the student's answer, so that the student can se...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is a new problem we have been experiencing in the last 6 months.  Students will send messages to instructors from classes which already concluded.  Usually, asking about their grades.  When an instructor goes to reply, they find they are unable ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning. We create official course shells for our courses via API. These shells have their Participation setting set to "Course" by default. We are running into an issue where our instructors are copying course content from an another shell whos...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've read about the latest updates with BigBlueButton and Sections and Calendars but can't quite do what I need to. I want to create a new conference in my course, just for a section of students, and then be able to put the event in the calendars of ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Suppose I have  many sets of questions and answer choices for multiple choice questions or matching questions that are all in text format. For instance q1. what is blah?a. blah is meh, b. blah is blah, c. blah is wut. d. blah is kek. q2. match the fo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I taught a class in Canvas a few years ago, exported everything I could, now I'm teaching a similar online class at a different institution and I want to import my quiz files. But my quiz files are all .xml files and I can't figure out how to import ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when I acces Canvas Iam notified that my browser is not compatible con Canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When entering timetables into Canvas Calenders previously, Canvas would offer a drop down optin of previously entered data - ie. Event name, location etc., meaning I didn't have to retype the Room Number or Course code and description, I could just s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to create a folder for students to submit their lab assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-16-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have updated my browswer and I am still getting the error message about my browswer not being usable when I am using the newest version of Chrome.  Help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am currently taking microbiology. There is a group assignment and when I click on groups nothing is happening. Help!Sharontte.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are other places seeing issues with the discussion board sidebar replies going back out to the main board rather than under the post they were replying to?We are seeing students replying to a post but is goes back out to the main discussion board rat...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I want to change the end date for my course so it will appropriately plan out my assignments in accordance with the schedule I want. How do I change the end date for my courses as a student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is a first. I have my chapter quizzes set up for the entire semester, set to unlock on specific dates. My first class hasn't even met yet for the semester, and I just published the course.A student has managed to take the first quiz, even though...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.I have been using the Discussion Count Spreadsheet by James for quite some time and it's fabulous. However, all of the sudden the count stopped including the professor/teacher. How can I get the program to incorporate the teacher's discussion c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Has anyone tried to create a button or function that would aggregate all the assignments an instructor needs to grade across multiple courses?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone else feels Canvas working different

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello there!I am not really tech savvy and I just wanted to ask how to add a picture or avatar in my profile?Thanks a lot

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I submit an Assignment, a copy of my document is archived in my

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am unable to upload my chosen profile picture to canvas. despite it being 817kb and appropriate. I keep getting the “file exceeds quota”  unsure what to do. Even when I try on desktop I get stuck in an infinite loading loop 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good dayI was assigned the incorrect subject (Design) as one of my subjects that I do not take instead of business studies, which is one of my subjects that does not appear on my calendar. Please let me know what you can do and how long it will take ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student having problems with canvas. A banner keeps popping up on my canvas and it says," your browser does not meet the minimum requirments for canvas. Please visit the canvas community for a complete list of supported bowsers." I have alread...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

my classes haven't been posted up and i was told that school opens today but i haven't received ant tasks 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot upload my file into canvas for my class. It has the turnitin  and all I get is the upload file and there is no other button to upload and review. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am missing one of my classes on the dashboard. I am getting emails from that professor, but can't see it on dashboard. Thanks for any help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies