Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

For a training that I have created is there a way to download or export the training into pdf slides or powerpoint file so that I can send the students a copy of the slides of the training?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm starting to use Groups within my Canvas course and am trying to figure out how to link a page at the course level with a group. For instance, if I have 5 groups in my course, I would like to be able to link to where I've shared common information...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I continue to get notifications that my browser is not updated on LockDown Browser, however, I have the most up to date Chrome and Safari browsers. It has occurred on both browsers. I have been experiencing unexpected quits during exams to whi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to see student statistics by question bank?If there is not a canvas function, are there any excel export options?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is the password for CANVAS the same as my Tulane email account?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone!Is there a way to have a Module close at midterm (so on a specific date)? I want to award a Badgr Badge for what I'm calling "On-Time Performance."  The idea is to motivate people to avoid waiting until the last minute with the badge. Com...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-10-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have posted assignments in the Canvas Assignment folder (i.e., Register for your e-textbook; Forum #1; Forum #2). They are all listed in their respective folders (Assignments, Discussions, etc.) but are not appearing in Modules. How can I fix this ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course is using classic quizzes. When I add these quizzes to a module sometimes the text "(classic)" appears after the quiz name, and sometimes not.Does anyone know why? Or how to remove the extra "classic" label? I'd rather not see it as I'm scro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Since creating a new Access Token for the integration, I'm able to upload sis csv import files with the API. However, I am not able to use any of the other API calls (i.e. create logins, list canvas terms, etc...). Seeing how I am an Admin, I am not ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I duplicate a course I have previously created in order to have a second course to be slightly modified and adapted for different students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I used an essay question in a quiz to gather necessary student information.  However when I went to compile the information, I found that I couldn't cut and paste anything from the student's responses.I am using Canvas Free for Teachers.  The questio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm puzzled - thanks in advance for reading.I am a Canvas admin at my institution. My husband is a professor at another institution so I can see the difference in their instance vs. ours. For example, for whatever reason, at his school, he cannot cre...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

How do I change a setting that allows students to view the grade breakdown of the class?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a weird Link Validation error and hoping someone might have an idea why this is happening or how to fix it. After performing a Link Validation, it is stating that pictures are missing from some assignments. There is one problem. Those assignme...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I moved some assignments to the wrong module how can I undo the move?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to copy several assignments to another course but they are in different modules. How can I copy all the assignments at the same time without copying the module?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have given my students a minimum word count for an assignment but I cannot se their word count. They can see it as they type but I cannot see it when I am grading

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to use a rubric to grade my discussion questions for my students in speed grader. Is that possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for a way to import calendar events so that I can put all sessions in the calendar at once. Is it possible to import a CSV file with events and details? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to change the color of the inbox message count? When I am on any page other than inbox is black on gray and nearly impossible to read. If I click on inbox, it is white on blue and easy to see. Thanks!  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have courses from past semesters I am not teaching now. How do I Unpublish them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi this is joslin for me responsibility means to me responsible and to to that you take the task and finish it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where can I find mandatory e-modules RC1000A (A Culture of Respect andConsent)Without this the mod reg has restricted class add and enroll results

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I share/copy a canvas course to another teacher

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Anyone having a problem in posting and submitting assignments. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to view the files that teachers have recently uploaded but have not been downloaded by me without having to go through all the files manually?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please how I can view the students enrolled in my class?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone please tell me what kind of questions in New Quizzes accept Math Quill and LaTex.Can you use either in the answer choices of a multiple choice question?Can you use them for the answer choices of a fill-in-the-blank question?Can you use th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It's pretty much in the title.  To my knowledge, teachers can only view a specific student's grades in their own class, not other courses.  For example, an AVID teacher or support staff member might want to see a student's grades in Math, ELA, Scienc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies