Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can we track user with admin role permission within a course level?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If someone is given account-level access in canvas, can a course instructor track the individual's access to a course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I use an iPad for school and I used to be able to access the web version of Canvas by selecting a quiz in the app, clicking on the “preview quiz” button, then selecting “continue editing this quiz.” It would then take me to the web version and I coul...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm looking to add a link from Global Navigation that opens to an embedded webpage in the main Canvas body.Could anyone advise if this is possible and if so, how I might accomplish this?Many thanks

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I try to open one of my courses on icon and all of a sudden it says “restricted access”. Is this because the course has concluded?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

this is astonishingly hard to do.as a faculty member, we are being punished for thinking we can travel before grades are submitted.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I think someone made a mistake to connect my daughter's canvas account as observer.If my daughter changes the password, is it disconnecting? How am I able to know who are connected to my daughter's account as observer? I would like to delete any obse...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there updated guides for all options to implement extended time, due dates, and extenuating circumstances?  Easy tutorials for professors? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Lynn University has 7 late-day allotments for each class. Is there a toll to assign these days to assignments and keep track of the days used?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I block a classmate from reaching me through canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm aware of the need to view information about student quiz submissions via reports, analytics, using the Canvas API, and so forth... I'm looking for practical ways instructors can archive the actual student quiz submission view they see in Canvas S...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,    When I open my calendar from my calendar none of my course assignments are in it along with the due dates? Do I have to manually add each assignment by course, due date and details?   Is there a video that can teach me this? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Good day I want to upload my csv, but I cannot find my SIS Import

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-22-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, Thank you for clicking on my question.I'm teaching teaching students by attaching various files to the canvas.Could you tell me how long the file that I and my students uploaded to canvas is stored?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Greetings: I have a student trying to register for a class.  He can get into the class and access most menu items, but when he tries to enter MyLab / Mastering, he gets the following at the top of the screen:Complete registration by clicking the “fin...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In a previous curriculum management system or discussion application, I could pose a question anonymously to the students, and trigger some discussion.  In Canvas I cannot, and the only 2 discussion posts are mine.  When students think I am a student...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One instructor uses New Quizzes to build many of his assignments. The percent score given in the New Quiz is not the same as the percent score in the SpeedGrader.  This seems to be happening for almost all of his assignments.  It makes grading in Can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have Special Ed and On-Level students in the same class and wanted to make sure the Special Ed students had extended time on the assignments.  I read on one of the forums that if I go into the class Settings>Sections and create 2 groups, A and B  (...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a final exam in 20 minutes and I cannot access the course in Dashboard. It's telling me the course is not published. Who is responsible for publishing the course?? Can I access it another way? Ugh....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created group sets to allow differentiated assignments with differing deadlines for each group after noticing that there is a calendar for each group. I was very disappointed to see that the group calendars are not functional!Does anyone know how t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello,I have created the course 'Goal Setting' and would like to share with my students. They do not currently have a canvas account. How can I share the content with them?Is there a way to share the content without registering?Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using canvas for my classes for over a year and just starting now it is giving me trouble. When i am on my canvas dashboard, what usually would have my classes listed and where i can go to my assignments, everything is just blinking and f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Im putting the finishing touches on a canvas course for next quarter.  I would like to show a film.  If I buy the film to be streamed, how do I make that available to students in my canvas course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to have my sub-account admins add some users to a course via email address instead of SIS ID. Their attempt errors out because Canvas can't find a match for that user. When I (as a site admin) do this, I get a little check box beside ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a longtime Lockdown Browser user and Canvas user, never any problems (interpret this as "I think I know what I'm doing).  Right now, when I try to put any quiz made using Canvas's "New Quiz" format into Lockdown Browser, I just get the "please w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have used the redirect tool in the past to add a library link to the navigation menu in every course. We did it at the root level since every course needed the same link.Now we need to add a link to a specific list of courses on our instance and I...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student emailed  me a paper instead of submitting to Canvas as required. Therefore, it has not been scanned by Turnitin. Is there a way to access Turnitin directly? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I permanently log out of canvas? My friend's account is stuck on my laptop

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I changed the embedded 750px to 100% for width and it displays on my editing page as image 286 attached below.   However, students see it displayed as image 285, attached below.I had used the "plug" icon in your editing to upload the Class Schedule f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all,I am messing around with free Canvas to help streamline some things at work. However, I created a section, with myself as the only one enrolled, where I am the teacher that I no longer need. I cannot just delete the section since I am curre...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies