Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

If you accidentally put the wrong date of birth when you made a new account, you can't change it later. But how can you fix your date of birth when you can't do it yourself?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I changed my display name a while ago and for some reason its not letting me change it back to my name. Is there a solution to this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a faculty member who has asked this question and provided the following information:I have assignments from 2020 that keep popping up on my calendar and to-do list. There are enough of these that I need a quick way to get rid of the outdated e...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What does it functionally mean to have "500MB" of storage/course?  What does it functionally mean to have "50MB" user/group?  Thank you Respectfully Erin Smith

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since I am not considered a field admin in our organization, it's difficult to get our CTO, who has a number of different hats to quickly request items from our CSM (such as standards) to be added to our Canvas instance.My question is why Canvas make...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, My colleague posted grades for our FE students and there was a one student who could not see their marksheet upload by their tutor via Speed grader.  Would you know why that would be?Thank you. Alena 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I move a course I have produced with one Feide logg inn at one university over to another Feide logg inn at another university? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I use canvas offline?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having a hard time registering  I am taking a Continuing Education Course and none of the keys or tabs I hit will let me enter information.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on the link in Student View, the result is "Access Denied" and instruction to request professor to fix it. It works fine for me as instructor. But I can't figure out how to allow students entry.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Please help with my account.  I am unable to get my classes to load on any computer away from my high school ( Canyon View High School).  This has been going on for over a month and I am having a hard time keeping up with assignments when I can only ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two courses this year.  One of them shows a grade book filter to view by quarter, but the other course does not give me that option.  How can I add a filter option to my grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have a teacher who wants to use Mastery Paths for Student Choice.Students can make their selection for one of three paths.Can the student Undo the Selection if he/she changes his/her mind over the selection?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have been in school for about 4 months and have completed 30+ assignments in our Reading course. I recently just had another student placed into my class from another class. When I enrolled them into my Reading Canvas course, ALL 30+ previous assi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey Canvas friends! Have there been any changes to the way web crawlers (specifically Google in our case) have access to public Canvas courses? One of my institution's public courses used to come up as the second hit when certain search terms were en...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-18-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to build a quiz that uses conditional logic. For example, create a set of level 1 questions (1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e....), and the quiz will only ask questions randomly selected from this set until a specified number of the questions are an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This help guide about grading New Quizzes says that "you cannot grade New Quizzes quizzes in concluded courses." This is a problem for our online courses where the final week's content is due on the final day of class. So the course closes at the end...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For some reason, nothing is loading on my Canvas page. I'm a student, and this has never happened before now. It was working fine this morning. I've reloaded the page, restarted my computer, and looked for solutions, but nothing is working. It's just...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As per the question - how can we get the attendance roll-call report to include SIS student IDs rather than just student IDs (the two are different)?I have seen a claim somewhere else on this discussion board that giving teacher access to all section...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When trying to start a collaboration it is saying I need to sign in. I am already logged into canvas how to I sign in?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students communicate in their group site, teachers automatically also get notified, because they are by default also part of the group, as teachers. Teachers cannot be removed from groups and apparently, they also cannot shut off group communica...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am a student and some of my menu icons not showing, some like the dashboard, calendar, inbox are showing but i cannot use its feature. I was able to access my account thru my phone and i also tried logging in to my old laptop in which there was no ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to regrade a quiz that has been taken when you change the total points possible in the first page of building where you set the due date? i forgot to change the points possible to match the points on the test and when i went back and c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi thereI want to be able to create a course for series of classes and some for teachers.  Is that possible?I am a high school teacher.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

https://www.tealearn.com/accounts/1/external_tools/2?launch_type=global_navigation I am unable to continue without submitting this video.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi guys,I am trying to setup an LTI 1.3 integration with our Inspera Assessment platform. I believe I have completed the Canvas side config correctly with endpoints etc, but typically, the LMS provides us with urls we configure in our Inspera platfor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

During course import, the biggest gripe from users is deleting previous announcements by selecting individually. Community members have replied the solution of selecting multiple boxes and delete all. Is there a way to select all (with less than 3 cl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies