Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am interested in enrolling in some of the Certified Education Courses (Higher Education) that are being offered by Canvas and I would appreciate some feedback regarding the overall quality of the courses...Also, some started last week (October 24, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a beginning teacher in middle school. The previous teacher had shared her modules with staff, who then sent them to me. Some of the presentations were shared on google drive with me. However, several modules have google slide presentations embed...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My instructor wants me to schedule an appointment with her. I can select the instructor, the date, and the day. I cannot actually book the appointment.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,Is there a way that we can download completed rubrics of students in an image format so we can share it via another platform/email? Trying to avoid screenshotting and an extra step for teachers. Thanks.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school policy is to give no score less than 50%. In other words "Missing" work or low scoring work would be recorded no lower than 50%. It is still failing, but this makes it easier for their grade to recover.  On Canvas, I can set the "missing" ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! At our institution we are looking for a way to auto enroll a student in a canvas "orientation" course that we want to create to give them a basic tutorial on how to use canvas. I know that self enrollment is an option - but was wondering if th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have a quiz with multiple attempts, and I graded one of the first ones, but it is not showing the grade in the grade book. However, when I go into the speed grader, I see the grade there, but it is greyed out. Images attachedThanks for any a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Due to a Canvas outage, I allowed my students extra time to submit a paper. However, one of my student’s submissions isn’t being acknowledged by Canvas although I have seen and graded the assignment. The grade book shows the score, but it also displa...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I clear or delete an assignment submission for a student who needs to resubmit because there was an issue with their original submission?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking for a way to look at all the missing assignments in my child's classes. I thought this was once an option, but I am not seeing it now. Can someone help guide me? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having trouble adding a free-form rubric to an assignment. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Canvas admin. My test term is set to expire on Oct 29 (2022) and student access is set to expire on Oct 30 (2022). I was surprised to see I am still able to log in as my test student account and access my test course by clicking on the course ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Question for the community:If a student requests access to a closed course to access materials for future reference and as supporting text in future courses, how does your institution handle these requests (if allowed at all)? Bryan BlountDirector of...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I see this question has been asked but I'm not seeing a solution....Assignments are syncing but grades are not.  Assignment title is appropriate length, due date is set correctly, categories are imported from PowerSchool....Any other suggestions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am using Speedgrader, it will show in the grading column, "Submitted: no submission time."  However, in the submission column, it says, "This student does not have a submission for this assignment."  And, in the drop down roster, it shows oran...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student that our Counselor switched from my 3rd hour to my 4th hour mid term.  My question is how would I move them between courses where all their assignments move as well?  When I set up my courses, I wasn't aware you could have different ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student that is grayed out on my tracker.  The student was originally in my course and completed assignments.  Now the student is in a different course.  The original course has the name grayed out.  Is this because there is data connected t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, i know that module like moodle cant create in canvas.What is the best way, if i need to pass the start of an exam with my own server?Example:1) - a student, tap on "start examn".2)- canvaslms ask to my server if the student can take the examn.3)-...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I recently adopted a Jones & Bartlett text for my course. They have downloaded Canvas test banks, they download as an XML. Does anyone have experience uploading JBLearning test banks?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've posted on the calendar today and it generated notifications.  But the entries aren't appearing on the calendar.Ideas? Thanks.D. Kahndkahn@jerichoschools.org

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have one quiz worth 5% and another worth 20%. I can't weigh the quizzes assignment group all the same. Is it possible to assign the weight specifically to each assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a student makes a second attempt at multiple choice questions on a midterm (classified on Canvas as a quiz), do their first answers disappear, especially essay questions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student in my class asked if there were directions for printing Canvas pages in different browsers (and printing to PDF). I couldn't find anything in the Student Guides. I know this is possible but rather than creating directions myself and reinven...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Sometimes students require extra time on assessments, and I would like to provide it for them in a way that also preserves test security. Ultimately, I'm looking for a way to have them 'turn in' an assignment so they don't have access to it, but then...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone updated to the new Mac operating system (Mac OS Ventura 13)?  If so, any issues with Canvas? I always like to check first, before venturing ahead with a new OS.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to limit the iCal subscription feed to just one specific course? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been getting a 500 Error while attempting to log into my institute's canvas portal.byui.instructure.comIs anyone else having issues with this? services show that everything is operational, and a similar issue was resolved around 6:30, when I s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My app suddenly acted as if I had just installed it.  Was using daily, all functions working, then - it was asking for my school, log in.  So I did all that and it takes my into my account page at my school.  The app itself never opens.  Then if I fo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Instructor creating first Canvas shellHow do I move the composed page to the Welcome Page?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Disable/disallow students from being able to submit an attachment through graded commentsHas a feature been requested by faculty to have Canvas disable/disallow students from being able to submit an attachment through graded comments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies