Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello all, I'm currently dealing with a Canvas design issue that involves the tab feature. I want to add a video to the tab, then I want to add video reflection text to the right of the video. I'm having trouble in the HTML code. The page won't allow...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi friends!Canvas Admin here!My Institution recently adopted a new Student Information System (Anthology Student) which unfortunately doesn't play perfectly with Roll Call Attendance within Canvas.  Hoping to get some community insights into other po...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have used Canvas for at least 10 years.  Can someone please turn off the teacher tour? It is annoying.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I apologize if this is posted somewhere; however, I could not find the answer to this question. Is there a way to only be notified if students complete the course - or if they complete a specific module within the course? As a TA, I would like to be ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are new to syncing between Canvas and PowerSchool. We have reached the end of our first term, as we have courses that end at the end of the 1st marking period.  Like many schools, while our marking period ends one day (in this case, 11/3/22), our ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We're currently looking at using LTI and integrating with the platform but running into some issues. As far as we can tell, the configuration is correct, but we're getting an internal server error on the Canvas side after the redirect. We've looked a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am told that Canvas is very intuitive and if you easily navigated Bb that this new system will be easy to grasp.My initial impression is that I will spend much time in the "Course Home Page" icon. This is where we post our weekly announcements, mak...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The "pair with observer" button doesn't exist in my account in the place the support video it said it would.  Where is it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey there. I am looking for some advice/help. My goal is to take the drawing I make and get those printed on a canvas. Sell the canvas for others to paint in. Like the canvas painting kits you see at stores. I am not sure where to start. I have a lap...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a few outcomes set up with the Proficiency Calculation setup as Decaying Average (50%). Ideally, as I understand it, this would make the last score worth 50% of the rating and the remaining scores averaged to create the other 50%. Now in prac...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When is it useful to use canvas instead of a div's structure? For example, I was looking at Ancestry trees and at first I tought they might have use canvas, but, in reality, it's just a bunch of divs with dynamic transforms and position. Except for g...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When designing a course, as an instructor, we are hoping to lock an assignment until an earlier one is completed.  For example, The students need to fill out a confidentiality form before they are able to submit the other assignments. I've found that...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I wanted to title this "Global Announcements," but apparently that is already the name of a feature for Admins. I'm wondering if there is a way for high school teachers to send an Announcement to all class periods instead of having to post an Announc...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to retrieve deleted email 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I download quizzes from Canvas in QTI format they are missing figures.  Is there a particular way they need to be included in Canvas to be exportable?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hi, how am i supposed to sign up for a course in the Canvas app? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI have an instructor that has created an assignment group called Knowledge check, that has a 60% weight assigned to it. But when assignments are submitted the percentage for the individual students is showing as more than 100%. Any suggestions?   

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some assignment submissions are getting a black exclamation mark error in Unicheck instead of a plagiarism score. When we click on the exclamation mark, it says "Cloud storage file download failed"They suggested that we try disabling Unicheck for the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I have my daily grade broken down to 20 points a day and I can comment and type in about each day, but it does sync to Power school weekly.  Recently I am noticing the daily grades be really low and even if I pretend to give a student full gra...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why will my canvas not load fully It will only show the calendar it will not show anything else?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a modification that I can allow for just one of my students who handwrites her work to take a picture of it and then upload it to an assessment instead of completing the Canvas assessment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are allowed to drop their lowest test score only if they have an 85 or higher homework average.  Since everyone didn't meet the homework average requirement, how do I drop lowest scores for just the ones who did?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I created a course for a class that I am taking and need to send the link to my professor.  However, I sent the link for my course to a friend to check to make sure there are no restrictions and it is asking for her email and password.  Is there a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!One of our teachers is testing New Analytics and they came across this error message with one of their test students:"This user has an inactive enrollment status or a deleted status. We cannot show data for this user in New Analytics." However, th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of our teachers is trying to generate an attendance repor, however she is reciving the following message:An error occurred when trying to generate your report:There was a problem generating your report. We have been notified of this issue and apo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola, Cómo se puede insertar material desarrollado en genially, o exeLearning y garantizar que la visualización sea responsiva. Hasta ahora la única solución encontrada es utilizar un formato cuadrado, en la computadora se ve muy grande el contenido ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas student email account has not updated since OCT 24th. I logged in a couple of days ago and learned about an update. I was able to get notifications through my student email account. This just shows how great this portal is and how spoiled s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Published assignment not viewed by students and not viewed with Student View. The module it belongs to also is published. The dates are current. Today is 11/2/2022. The date available was 10/28/2022 until 11/20/2022.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can Canvas be loaded on a closed network (LAN)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I get this error message when I drop a .jpg or .png file I haven't tried any others.  These are just the two I use) in an Upload Image dialog box in the rich text editor. Sometimes I get a gray box instead of the photo and sometimes I do get the phot...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies