Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

What is the pairing /joining code?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have been having difficulty figuring out which classmates work I am supposed to reply to. I have been unable to access that information and when I attempt to follow the steps provided my screen does not look similar to the one in the tutoria...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I save my different grades files in a folder?  Right now they are all clumped together 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have embedded a Google slide with links for my students. All works well, but when my students try to click on a link that is on the slide- the slides start scrolling. How can I make them stay on page one without scrolling through the rest of the pr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After a course is concluded, can a student view course content, grades, etc.?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I received an invite to participate in a course as a teacher via email, after click "accept" CANVAS prompted me to log in. I had to log in with SSO via my organization, but once I logged in, I was not able to see the invitation. How do I accept an in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Unsubmitted assignments are being assigned a zero in our Canvas gradebook, lowering some students’ current grades to an incorrect percentage. However, this is only happening for some students on certain assignments. Also, I don’t believe it is happen...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 13 Replies

My colleagues and I are in desperate need of the ability to create an assignment and add it to a module immediately. Creating an assignment, then having to go to module, click add, scroll through existing assignments to get to the one needed to then,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A SpeedGrader option should be available anywhere I can see a quiz. Instead, where Canvas shows shows a SpeedGrader option is arbitrary and haphazard.Where Canvas made bad design choices is anywhere I can see a quiz but am not presented a SpeedGrader...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have to use respondus to take my exams, everytime i try to log in to canvas using respondus it says username or password is incorrect, however i am able to log in to canvas using regular internet and the app. i uninstalled and reinstalled and it sa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am connecting with moodle some issue http request . will you please tell me that from where will allow to http request in badgr account. please see error attached image.thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i am connecting to badgr moodle 3.6 version but some error show from badgr side.how to enable http request in badgr account.This distribution is not configured to allow the HTTP request method that was used for this request. The distribution supports...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there anyway to allow students to see a course but temporarily "hide" it from the parents/observers while we test some features? Or is the only work around to remove all the parents and then add them back?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was just wondering why there isn't an option to mark a student's work incomplete in the grade book when assigning a point based .  You can apply a missing, late, or excused label but not incomplete.  This would really help especially since I sync m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you access the Canvas message system?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Last Tuesday October 25th, I have to join a Zoom meeting with a professor and other classmates for an online class that I am taking, but I was unable to join and I did not have the meeting Id either to try that way.The odd thing is that same da...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally signed up for the wrong class. Is there anyway to switch to the correct class?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a quiz today where in its Assign field, these subfields had this data:Due: Oct 27, 2022, 12:30 PMAvailable from: Oct 27, 2022, 12:20 PMUntil: Oct 27, 2022, 12:30 PMIn the past, it has never been an issue to have a quiz with a start and end time...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I remove a class off my dashboard that I am not in anymore?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I create different Tabs within the syllabus home page? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I upload Google docs as templates for my students to use for assignments; I integrate them using the Speedgrader function so that all feedback shows in Canvas. . For grading, I use the annotation feature so that students can see where they need to ma...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Created an assignment and made it active for viewing by students. Had to change the due date to a later date (which was fine and worked as I anticipated) but when the day of the initial due date arrived students were marked as "Late" for the assignme...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an Instructor and have changed schools in the same district but still get Global Announcements from my old school. I also cannot see the Global Announcements for my current school. How can I change that setting?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For a quiz in my course, I want student to learn from their mistakes in the first attempt, apply it in the second attempt, and eventually, apply all the learning in the third (last) attempt.I want all students to have randomly pulled out questions fr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have two teachers in which I have shared the classes.  However, one teacher can see the other teachers classes and the other cannot.  What did I miss.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone,I am new to this forum. I have been using Canvas for a while now to create and deliver lectures for a module. I extensively use Canvas pages to create new content. However, I have seen when the pages are long (say over 2-3000 words), I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When I create a rubric at sub-account account level, I do not see the same settings that I see when creating a rubric on an individual site.At sub-account level, I cannot set "I'll write free-form comments when assessing students" or "Remove points f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'd like to have the complete list of canvas roles, so far I found these: Admin role Student role Designer role Observer role Teacher role Teacher Assistant role Are there any roles missing from this list?

(Instructure Alumni)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies