Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I upload Google docs as templates for my students to use for assignments; I integrate them using the Speedgrader function so that all feedback shows in Canvas. . For grading, I use the annotation feature so that students can see where they need to ma...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Created an assignment and made it active for viewing by students. Had to change the due date to a later date (which was fine and worked as I anticipated) but when the day of the initial due date arrived students were marked as "Late" for the assignme...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an Instructor and have changed schools in the same district but still get Global Announcements from my old school. I also cannot see the Global Announcements for my current school. How can I change that setting?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For a quiz in my course, I want student to learn from their mistakes in the first attempt, apply it in the second attempt, and eventually, apply all the learning in the third (last) attempt.I want all students to have randomly pulled out questions fr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have two teachers in which I have shared the classes.  However, one teacher can see the other teachers classes and the other cannot.  What did I miss.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone,I am new to this forum. I have been using Canvas for a while now to create and deliver lectures for a module. I extensively use Canvas pages to create new content. However, I have seen when the pages are long (say over 2-3000 words), I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When I create a rubric at sub-account account level, I do not see the same settings that I see when creating a rubric on an individual site.At sub-account level, I cannot set "I'll write free-form comments when assessing students" or "Remove points f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'd like to have the complete list of canvas roles, so far I found these: Admin role Student role Designer role Observer role Teacher role Teacher Assistant role Are there any roles missing from this list?

(Instructure Alumni)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students and parents would like to receive attendance reports that indicate their daily activities in their classes directly from Canvas.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas does not have the option to allow me to change my display name in the settings. Do I need to contact my school or canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't see how do I search my emails on canvas.  Given that I send 100 emails each time I say something to the class, I need that feature even if I have to copy and paste or do something strange.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A page has been created in the Template Blueprint course and it will not sync into the actual 'live' course.Page has synced with another teacher class.I can send the page to my course, or copy the page - but it won't sync with the MASTER version if a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

DPP 906 course.  I am missed the access link to e-Portfolio feature in my current course.  What must I do to have this feature added to my course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a grade comes over from an integrated external tool using "points" for an assignment I would like it to be pass/fail with a certain bench mark score that is required in order to pass. For example if the maximum points is 14, I would like it so a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to export the data for the day each student was enrolled. We are trying to see how long each student has been in our program, and we are wondering if there is a fast way to export the "date enrolled" for each student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am looking for a way to gather data from my two sections in the course (grader reliability) while grades are hidden for students. It seems like New Analytics does not work while grades are hidden (since I want to ensure grader reliability before ma...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am registered in my class through my university but I am not included in the canvas class. How do I get myself out into my canvas class? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to add a student in canvas immediately and I'm having trouble figuring it out. How do I add a student to a course??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,I am new to using Canvas. I am going on maternity leave soon and my sub will be teaching a class I have never taught before. A fellow teacher offered to share her class resources with me, but when I click the link that she shared with me ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My screen is showing a student Canvas screen and I don't know why

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I delete a canceled meeting from my Canvas page?I cannot figure out how to do this.It is also showing up on my students page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My professor tried to open two exams that were never opened for me. When he made it available for me to take those exams, it still won't let me open It even after my professor opened and extended the due date for me. My professor doesn't know what to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for the teacher to view which students have marked an assignment as "Done" when it is a no submission assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach an online course where I often have to share information through videos. I use the Canvas function to record media.Almost every time, with few exceptions, I record a short, no-frills two or three minute video and for up to an hour, I get a bl...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Did Canvas get rid of the Auditor role? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I assign peer reviews, I have a couple students who have a hard time finding notification of the peer reviews they are supposed to complete. I have them check their To-Do list, Upcoming Assignments, Recent Activity, etc. but sometimes they...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I teach Middle School.  Modeling student work is essential to learning.  Therefore I rely heavily on 'student view' so my classroom display User Interface matches there individual devices (we are 1:1 device school).  However, I am frustrated that...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a middle school teacher, and I have 5 sections I teach each day.  Is there a way to create a calendar event by class section?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

With several Teachers sharing one module with different student groups, every Teacher can access the report in the final ungraded survey and see what student feedback their peers received. That is through the CSV report generated by the Student Analy...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies