Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

If there are multiple assignments is there a way to download all assignments for each student, in attempt to create a folder for each student will all of their submitted assignments? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a Canvas page, but i don't know how to get the access code that allows parents and students to access the content through the app. How do I do this?Thanks in advance for your help with this matter.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I logged in my canvas account but it only shows the dashboard sign and there is nothing there I can't see my assignments can someone please help? the screen is just clear.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to find out whether the Canvas Mailtool can provide analytics about the % of recipients of a message sent that way have clicked and opened, the way MailChimp can track that.Thanks.Douglas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I found out today that it was possible for one person to have two roles in one course (teacher and student), which didn't allow them to access for example Item Banks. After changing the role to teacher only, they could access the banks. However, I be...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I have followed the steps that describe how to view a quiz log, but every time I click on a student's name, there isn't an option to view the quiz log. I was wondering how I enable that.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make my Rubric visible for students? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an admin for a self hosted Canvas site and we are having issues with emails (for enrolling new students and registering them to a course) going out.  We have been getting emails for a while and now all of a sudden they are not working.  The dela...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I have a school account that I use on a School Computer and I'm trying to sign into canvas on my new personal home computer and when I tried signing in with GOOGLE, it sent me to make a new account. And I tried over and over and over again and it ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've added an icon to a button and it's not centered. I would like to be able to center it or make it smaller. I've tried adding some html to affect the height and width. I've managed to change the color of the icon, but that's it. This is my code at...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an admin for a self hosted Canvas site and we are having issues with emails (for enrolling new students and registering them to a course) going out.  We have been getting emails for a while and now all of a sudden they are not working.  The dela...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I create a discussion?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have not been able to view my course calendar page all day.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I'm trying to add an assignment to different courses with different due dates, under the "assign to" section, none of my courses are listed as options. Only "everyone" and one other course is listed. Does anyone know how to fix this? I need to a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

For decaying average, the description states that the average assessment item scores with a greater weight for the most recent assessment item. How does Canvas define the "most recent assessment" item? Is it by the due date or by the most recent scor...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Student had a 0 for an assignment, turned it in and I changed the grade in Canvas, when I synced with SIS, it didn't change the grade.  What should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my childs canvas courses were not showing up. According to their school, I was told to remove them and add them back.  I removed all my students and went to re-add them and now i Have no option to add students at all to my canvas observer acc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created groups of assignments (case studies, exams, quizzes, etc...) in my courses to give them relative weight on the final grade. The problem is that for each group, Canvas is only taking the highest grade among the individual assignments wi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I keep getting an error message about my header row being invalid when importing a CSV file. I tried changing it to the sample from this article and it's still not working. Any ideas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Colleagues, We had a person in a common 'course' site (department site) with 169 users post something to the group that was out of line. It went to everyone in the course site. We're trying to figure out who the sender is, but the message states: Fro...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am set up as an observer for my son.  Last year I received all the notifcations I had set up.  This year I'm not receving any.  I double checked my notification settings, my email, and that even at each class level I had notifications enabled.  The...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My assignments are all loading- except for one. The dialogue will not load, and all it says is "Reply". What should I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’m not able to join my group, what should I do? Thanks! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do we sync ALEKS to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi hope everyone is doing well We have a trainer marked a student's assessment on September 20. But October 10, the same assessment appeared again on this trainer's dashboard for marking.Is there anyway to prevent marked assessment appearing again i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need help adding my second child into Canvas so that I can receive daily update from his teachers. Kind regards, Ms. Fortune313-790-5772cbuttrom@yahoo.com 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Additionally, is there a way to make the second part only accessible after the first part has been completed?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can my students get notification if someone posted in their group discussion thread? Many of my students have said they don't get notifications if someone posts in their group discussion thread. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For my Close Reading lessons, I prefer to have my students annotate using the Canvas annotation tools on a PDF and also upload a Google Doc in the same assignment. The Google Doc is meant to be completed at the same time as the PDF annotations. Howev...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies