Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a prof. who wants to set a release condition for a quiz final score.  In other words, quiz is not "complete" and grade is not released until a minimum score is met - i.e. anything below a score of 50pts, and score is not released and quiz not ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, My students have told me that when they submit a comment or rubric for a peer review, they are unable to go back and change/add to the comment or rubric. They start the peer review and hit submit with the intention of going back later to compl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I automatically assigned peer reviews for a group project. Students were to peer review 5 other group's submissions. Unfortunately, students received more than 1 peer review from the same group (not their own group but 2 from a different group...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

While grading in the New Quizzes speedgrader, there is no link to advance to particular questions that require grading. Instead I must scroll through each assessment to find them. Classic Quizzes had a "grade by question" feature that was a real time...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

did not receive a digital badge for my completed course of employee motivation course.I did receive a certificate of completion but not the badge and it is required for me to receive a digital badge for all 4 courses completed for human resource trai...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why all of a sudden has the student view of my home page changed to this? See pic. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of our instructors has a blueprint, and in that blueprint there are no due dates.  In the course associated with that blueprint, due dates are unlocked so the instructor added due dates to that course. However, when they resynced the blueprint, a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can not see the grades after I edit the quiz after the exam. Now all my student's grades are under an book looking icon. How do I get ride of the icon?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to automatically send certificates of completion to folks who complete our Canvas courses? For each unit we like to send certificates of completion to our participants, but we've been doing it by hand and I'm trying to automate the pro...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way that I can post the same comment to all student submissions for an assignment? I'd like to do this all at once, rather than using the comment library every single time, if possible.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a teacher, and I accidentally deleted an assignment from my to-do list before I was finished, and I need it back so I know when students resubmit revised essays. I have noticed that when they submit a revised essay, it doesn't count it as a new ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone experienced this scenario and come up with a workaround? A student who was given extra time on a quiz is booted out of the quiz due to a network/ wifi issue. Before they can log back in (there may be a lag between the boot and the resoluti...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The To-Do list has been both a blessing and a curse. Some students benefit from it while others do not.  What I noticed for the first time this year is that when a student clicks on the activity in the To-Do list, it brings them to a submission page....

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am unable to respond to emails that are coming through canvas to my Gmail account- I get an "undelivered message" response.  Can anyone help me change the settings so that I can respond to the email directly through the Gmail account, rather than t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have not been getting notifications when new assignments are created in my Canvas classes. I have the notifications for Course Content set on "Notify Immediately" at both the course and account levels. There is not a problem with my email address a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i have posted the student grades in the gradebook. now how do i return the graded quiz to the students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to have a code that would allow me to indicate to powerschool (during the sync) that the student did not hand in an assignment.  Powerschool requires me to put an code that a student hasn't turned in an assignment, it assumes I didn't ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to utilize Canvas Data Services and stream Live Events to my AWS SQS queue. I followed these guides:https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-create-an-SQS-queue-in-Amazon-Web-Services-to-receive/ta-p/170https://community...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello.  When students download annotated Assignments from SpeedGrader, the only file option they currently have is as a PDF.  They can then do the open-a-PDF-as-a-Word-doc workaround to be able to directly work on their annotated Assignments.  The wo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a group different course sections within my course. If a course section isn't assigned to an assignment that is in the prerequisite or requirement, can they still move on? I am trying to create a specific course section which those who are in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an instructor.I would like a sign() helper function.  It returns +1 if number is positive, -1 if number is negative and 0 if number is 0.The formula x/abs(x) works pretty good, except if x = 0.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Feedback Fruits tools are available in the free version of Canvas but integrate with LTI 1.1 rather than 1.3. This limits certain functionalities such as group membership retrieval and grading by groups.Can the Feedback Fruits tools in the free versi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am overwhelmed at how complicated Canvas is. Every step seems to take three pages of instruction to learn how to use.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Last week I uploaded my assignment because the upload option displayed as I read the rubric.  This week's assignment is due tomorrow, the 19th, and an upload option doesn't appear anywhere, including when viewing the rubric.  I emailed my work to the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My question is about weighted marks within an assignment group.It seems that Canvas will only allow the total group assignment to be weighted if the 2 assignments are given marks which add up to 100 ( e.g. Assignment A = 70 and Assignment B= 30 marks...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'd like to set-up a Canvas training for my school. Can you help me find out who my Customer Success Manager is?  I am an Admin for my high school. Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

we are trying to build some on-line orientation modules in Canvas for our new students.  Our goal is to have it be a bit interactive (videos, quizzes, etc.) and not just static readings. has anyone had success with this and can share a tutorial or th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I tried to add a cell number in other contacts but can not do it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have two assignments for my students this week and both are published but locked.  How might I get them unlocked?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies