Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am looking for any music-software-related LTIs for Canvas (music notation, audio recording, audio editing, etc.). So far I have found the following:FlatListening ExamsMiddyNoteflightSoundCheck (Noteflight add-on)SoundtrapI also found these, which a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor and need to reset a student's exam so she can retake it from the beginning. How do I do that? Thanks. - PK 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my teachers have left their classes up for months after the class is over, is there any way to hide these classes or leave them so that my dashboard isn't cluttered with classes from past quarters?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hope I can describe this problem adequatelyThis semester I have had several occasions when a student's response to a gradable discussion question shows to be missing because of the deadline. However, when I go to Grades, and click on the discussion...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas Changed after I pressed ctrl+f too look for something. The Text is now yellow with a black Highlight. my courser on  canvas is way bigger a lot with the font size and sizes of everything else. i cant figure out anyway to make it back to nor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have several students having the same issue - they go to upload a PDF file, and it says failed - they are uploading a PDF file for a Canvas assignment. Our students use Squid to annotate, save the file as a PDF, and upload the PDF for several assi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My son graduated from middle school two years ago; however, I am still receiving Canvas notifications from his old school. I've been contacting tech support to have our emails removed, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been able to cross-list 2 sections and classes.  But some teachers are trying to cross-list 3 or more sections or classes. Is that possible? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Am having difficulties in taking my quizzes

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In multiple answer question, how do I set up the points for automatic grading (e.g. one point pr correct answer two out of three possible)? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,How do you wrap text around Vimeo embedded video?<div style="padding:177.78% 0 0 0;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/754990340?h=7f15f8033f&amp;badge=0&amp;autopause=0&amp;player_id=0&amp;app_id=58479" frameborder="0"...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I am trying to log in to my canvas account, it said access denied. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there  Single Sign On is enabled on our Canvas. So any student with our email can login into Canvas without any username and password.The users that this process creates on Canvas don't get user_id (sis id). Their SIS_ID will be blank on Canvas. W...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Grades input to a class manually will have the instructor's name when you view the Gradebook History as a "Grader".  Items "auto graded" do not. If an Administrator goes into a class "Acting As" the teacher, how does the Gradebook History label this?...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I'm trying to open a file my instructor embeded in a module and I get the message "Your device doesn't have any applications instaled that can handle this file." Does anyone know an app I can download to remedy this problem? Thnx

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our teachers would like to see how many views their courses (and more specifically their announcements) are getting--and how frequently--by parents (observers).  I'd appreciate a link to directions!Thank you,Sarah

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to create an assignment where students can upload their research papers, but that everyone in the class can have access to them and download them.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

desktop to do list is far inferior to the mobile app. It is all but worthless in grading multiple assignments. All assignments default to orange after the assignment reaches the due date regardless as to whether an assignment has been turned in. It t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I was logged out of my canvas app today, and now when I go to log in, a message pops up saying “unexpected error, please try again.” I’ve tried many times over the last few hours, and still no joy. I’m not sure if the app is down, or maybe my uni...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Main question: Do subaccount role permissions follow the course subaccount? Our Teacher role disallows staff from direct-adding anyone to courses other than Observers. This is because we want our SIS to be the single source of truth for enrollments. ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a teacher that is unable to edit any of the headers in Canvas suddenly. When she clicks on the 3 buttons, it just redirects to the top of the page.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Will there ever be an option to create an assignment and set a timed "Publish later" date and time.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am a tech coach/Canvas admin here. I am working with a teacher who is reporting a weird glitch and wanted to know if it was anything we can fix on our end, or if it's an issue with Canvas. Has anyone else encountered this issue before? The t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello!I have made an asynchronous training in Canvas using the SCORM feature. I placed them in a module and included prerequisites of scoring a 100% for each part in order to move on to the next one. Unfortunately, some teachers are bypassing that, a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I previously had three email addresses registered on my Canvas account, but over time have removed two of them that I no longer use; however, the two I removed still appear in my Ways to log in and one of those is what other users see in the People l...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am an instructor.  Something seems to have changed with the Contact List export to PDF or Excel.  Instead of exporting the Full Name as shown in the contact roster, it seems to be filling in with information from several different fields.  I have a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two students with accommodations.  they would get extra time.  I set up a separate quiz but how ill my students know which link to click since two will appear? DO students only have access to the linked quiz they are on?    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear AllI need to regrade a question on a multiple choice quiz. I've followed all of the steps to do so. Everything is perfectly clear.Except....the last step. The "Save it Now" button no where appears, so none of my changes actually are saved and no...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I am a tutor at Kent State, Tusc Campus. I am NOT an instructor. Are there tutorials or instructions on how I can tutor using Canvas? I previously used Blackboard and was able to use a whiteboard to see students' problems and help with solution...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to hyperlink to a header within a page? This is something that can be done in Google docs or in Microsoft Word and being able to do so could help students as they work through a bunch of material in the same page. If that isn't an opti...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies