Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can my TA see the To Do List with the items that need to be graded?  If it's not a default setting for the role, can I allow the TA to see it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Folks, I'd like to have a drop down menu that automatically links to the student names in the class (or class section) so that when students click it, they choose their name as opposed to typing it.  Is there a way this feature of the quiz as survey ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there an update coming from Canvas New Quizzes that will allow the formula questions to ONLY generate integers? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When it comes to the Canvas student portal, does the access to this portal become denied if there are any financial issues or debts that a student is currently facing? Many students at my University have had disruptions in their schooling due to unex...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@GradesTeacher: I am looking for a way to send a message to students from GRADES who haven't uploaded their assignments.I don't want to send the same message to the students that have the Excused "grade" - because they are excused from the assignment...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After I create an assignment with images from search engines or other websites, some of the images will not load after a period of time. I take screenshots and upload them. Any idea why this happens? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the forms for PDP & self-reflection

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have students that use the To Do list in the Canvas app to track upcoming assignments. Students are reporting that assignments that are completed are not correctly showing as completed on the To Do list.This is primarily happening with assignments...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with a student who is blind and is trying to navigate canvas email using the keyboard only.  When creating a new email, the student can select the course, but then cannot select the specific teacher. The teacher can be selected using the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have totally failed to find any answers to this. I (a student) have tried to log in to my Canvas account using my GitHub credentials. It created a new user instead, even though both accounts use the exact same email, and GitHub even says that Canva...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just bought a new Mac Laptop, and I see my UCR canvas but It says " the content opened in a new window". However, there is not other window opened. I am using chrome browser.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get a pairing code - I am a new user

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Through the Assignments tab, I only see the "Speed Grader" option to view and download assignments. With that, I have to click through all my students to be able to see if they have submitted and to download / grade their work.Is there an option or f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

it does not work on the canvas page. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several files stored at the user level that I can then post onto pages in various courses. In some cases, I need to update or change a file's contents and update the version stored on Canvas. When I upload the new version - with the same filen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear Admin, I am the TA for the course CRP8080 (S2208-CRP-8080-001-85848) Land use and Comprehensive PlanningDuring an exam in Sep24th some students have not been able to upload their answers. I can't see their answers in my canvas and they claim the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it feasible for an assignment to be a group assignment where the groups are created by the students?  Example - a homework assignment where students may work in groups of 1,2,3 or 4 people.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two groups of students in a single course. Each group has separate assignments to complete. However, in the grade book, each assignment lists students from both groups. This reduces the student's grades who are exempted from that assignment. H...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I TA for a comp sci course, which means looking at student code submissions and critiquing them. I've noticed that as I'm grading and away from the speed grader window, I will get logged out due to inactivity after less than 20 minutes and have to lo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! In my Canvas app when I click at calendar the app crashes. I restart the app and try it again. And again it crashes. Not the first time. It usually work the next day. But for example today I really need to know something and it crashes…

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Up until the new school year we could have a file upload worth zero points on our quizzes and I would still get a grade showing in Canvas gradebook for the assignment. Now it just shows the note icon unless I go in and hand score each of the submissi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,We recently administered an offline, hard copy quiz.  How do I upload the results into Canvas?  When I go to the Grades section, it appears that I can only upload grades for quizzes published online.   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was just trying to check if I can get help with my my Canvas account isn't loading and showing my classes on my dashboard. Thank you! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone, I am a project manager and I am supporting an external content design team to develop a MOOC on Canvas for the first time. My content designers and I are very new to Canvas and we are building our first course on it! We are keen to find ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

New to using Canvas and have switched from D2L. Previously, I was able to grade only some of my students' assignments at a time, save their score (but not release it to them yet), and then finish my grading on another day. Then, I would be able to re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach several courses, and each has its own canvas tile.  When I'm navigating to the gradebook for a particular course, canvas requires that I execute an extra click from the dashboard because I have to first enter the course through the course til...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a college student. My dad checks my canvas assignments. I know what my assignments are, and I do them on time. It just bothers me when my dad told me about what I should do, when I already know what to do. It just seems he doesn't trust me, and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't seem to toggle the button to grade discussions anymore. Is this feature gone?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,The speed grader function no longer allows me to add comments or make mark-ups on student work. It is now replace with a notice to download the mobile app. This makes it very difficult to grade student work and give precise feedback. Can you he...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies