Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Does Canvas have infrastructure for 'Community Sites' - the merging of different units onto one site? Unit content is identical, however, identification is different as they belong to different courses. Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher, and love using Formative. In Formative, I set a task that a student might do over a whole week, at their own pace. I've attached a screenshot.It has these four features, and I am wondering if they exist within Canvas:I can see a summ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

An instructor has copied/imported all contents of a past course into a new one. Their original gradebook had a late grade posting policy applied, whereby students who have not made a submission by the due date will receive a score of 0 automatically....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My team and I are tasked with updating Canvas shells with previously used course content. These shells already have student data/enrollments in them.This means that every semester, we must manually import data and update due dates to a large number o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

under "people" that have access to the the canvas page - i know how to change their status - ie from lecturer, to TA or student - but there seems to be more options in the list of people than there is in the dropdown menu when changing a persons stat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have Canvas accounts at two different universities. Is there any way to copy a course I teach at one university to the other university's Canvas site?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm a Canvas Admin for my college, and I'm looking for "pre-packaged" CSS code that could be uploaded into Canvas and used with styling headers and creating other course design features.  My team has discussed creating templates for courses an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As teachers, we comment in the comment section of assignments, retakes, and if the task was altered to a modified form. We do not wish our students to see this but want the documentation all in one place. Can we hide comments from students without hi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Canvas admin looking into setting up Learning Outcomes within a sub-account.  Is there a way to easily see which outcomes are used where?  The only reports I see are focused on student mastery.  Ideally, I would like to see the course and assi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a student wondering since Canvas has implemented a dark mode for the Canvas Mobile Apps, will Canvas be creating a dark mode for the website too?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In my assignments, I have links to the readings I want my students to complete, which are housed in a Reading Resources module in the course. Those import to a new course without issue and the links change easily to the new course ID. In a New Quiz, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there someone that could be bribed , coerced, or convinced to look at this thread?https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Add-due-date-for-completing-peer-review/idi-p/310370/page/3?emcs_t=S2h8ZW1haWx8ZGlnZXN0X25vdGlmaWNhdGlvbnxMODA1...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-17-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When I try to add a student I get the following error message (name replaced with ****):The following users could not be created. ****@gmail.com: The email address provided conflicts with an existing user's email that is awaiting verification. Please...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The only thing that is showing is dashboard,calender,inbox, and help. None of my assignments or classes are showing.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I have a sub account and the user has been made an account admin from the sub account Settings -> Admins tab. This user has a course allocated to him as a teacher. The sub account admin / teacher user needs to create student accounts. He can creat...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I'm in the infrastructure community tab in the student help guide by Canvas and I can't see how to return to my home page with the dashboard. I've tried clicking everywhere! And tried logging out and back in, and it took me right back to the infr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to change a phone number, country , name of organisation and a title associated with the teacher’s account in Canvas that I was asked to do at the registration but by mistake wrote an incomplete phone number? Also, is country ask...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm using Canvas-Panopto integration and I want to change what folder is displayed in the Panopto Video tab. Is it possible to change the folder that is displayed there? Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When i click on dashboard the screen on the right just flashes... I can see the boxes for each class, but they just flash and flash and flash... I can't access anything. There is no help button!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello!I am involved in teaching a large course (550 students) in which he have decided to use Mastery Based/Standards Based Grading to assess students. We have created the outcomes, enabled the Mastery Mastery Gradebook, etc.The problem that we are f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot log into my class EDPN620, Canvas will not load for me. Please help.Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I cross listed a class into the wrong class and I was trying to De-Cross List but it would not let me. It only asks if I want to "Re-Cross List" but not if I want to undo the one I already did.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Several students have shared that they cannot view the published files I have for the course (a mix of readings, class PPTs, project samples, etc.) Canvas IT directed me here to the community. I'd love your help! Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am an instructor. Is there a setting so that students and instructor can be notified when someone asks a question on a discussion board? The goal is this: To set up one place for questions that the instructor can respond to universally instead of i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I have an assignment category called "Ungraded Assignments." These are assignments that are not meant for a grade. I am not grading them and never will. I have to create them as an assignment, not a page, because I want students to annotate on a P...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help.  I am getting an error 403.  Edge and Fire Fox work fine.  What is wrong with Chrome?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I know how to email the student an invite but I do not know how to add the student to the course before I send the invite. How do I add new students to a course for the first time? Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does enabling the chat feature on canvas allow students to initiate their own private chat conversations amongst themselves that cannot be seen by the teacher? I am an instructor and don't have a way of checking myself to get an answer to this questi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies