Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My canvas isn't working, the only things on my side bar is the help center, my inbox, and "dashboard" but none of my classes will show up on there. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We use Canvas passback to sync to our SIS (PowerSchool, PowerTeacher Pro). This is the first year this has ever happened... All grades being passed back from Canvas to PTP are flagged in PTP as "collected". This includes the zeros for missing work. T...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-12-2023 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

No need to answer, as I see there are answers already here.  Just trying out the forum.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have activated the Talent by TORSH external app using the consumer key and shared secret information from my TORSH account. The app appears in my course navigation options; however, when you click on the TORSH Talent option there is an error messag...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I upload PDFs to my files (not course files) and then link to them in several assignments. Students who are using the iOS app have sent me screenshots of an error message, "The specified resource does not exist," when they try to click the file link ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I work with teachers who are logged in as observers in classes for multiple students they are working with. So, they have multiple classes where they are observers. Recently, we noticed that Canvas stopped allowing more that 1-3 course cards on the d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I cannot add items to a module nor can I add a new module. I have tried another course and I ran into the same issue there.My browsers are up-to-date.I have opened and closed my browser multiple times.I have logged out and back in multiple times.I ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas isn't loading on my computer and I've tried restarting it and using different internet connections 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good evening!I have completed an assignment in the SPSS program.  The file is saved as a .sav.  How do I upload this to canvas from this program?ThanksJada

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a teacher's aid, how do I find the access code to a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just got a new MacBook Air (2017 - Upgraded from a 2012.) Every website I go to works like a charm, except canvas. I can log in with no problems or delays, but when it gets to the dashboard, there are only boxes and "loading" symbols where my Class...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 4 quiz "Modules" in an Orientation course shell. A student has to retake just one of the 4 quizzes. I check marked  "Allow multiple attempts". Do I have to reopen the quiz for him in the module or can he just retake the one quiz?It is importan...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have placed a question in the video quiz for the students to answer them when they have watched the video completely. So the question was placed at the very end of the video. When the students went ahead to view the quiz question, The assignment en...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For people who are developing API based integrations is there any plugin or tool which can generate courses loaded with content, assignment and discussion submissions, and quiz attempts? Basically that creates test data upon which one could try diffe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am encountering a problem with using Nearpod and Canvas together. In Canvas, I am creating assignments and using the External Tool option to link directly to Nearpod. I then select the lesson I want from My Lessons in Nearpod and add it. The assign...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can I get to the modules to view my assignment through canvas 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Routine low-stakes quizzes - weekly homework assignments, for example - should all be weighted the same regardless of the number of questions. There are topics for which it is hard to come up with more than a few questions, and there are topics for w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering how you delete a submitted assignment by a student.  The student submitted the assignment in the wrong place and I am unable to delete this assignment.Any answers????

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have done classes on this computer before using safari with no issues. For some reason now my dashboard will not load up so that I can click into my classes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my MAC when I log into to canvas, there is not a subject for "Courses" or for "Account" where those subjects are supposed to be it's just a blank space. So I am not able to access any of my classes that I am enrolled in 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an instructor trying to set up a peer review assignment for 125 students. I accidentally set the original assignment to require 3 reviews and would like to change it so that students only have to complete 2 reviews. However, removing the peer rev...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Summer and Spring zoom meetings are appearing on the calendar and students are confused. There are NO zoom sessions in my zoom tab for the incorrect dates. So I cannot delete them. I CAN delete each zoom session in the calendar but that would take fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The last couple of weeks, trying to show teachers how to use Student Annotation in Canvas, instead of using another PDF upload, I have noticed that if the students use the Free Draw Annotation, it is not saving and showing up in the Speedgrader, for ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to figure out a way to hide the base Role types (ie. Teacher, Student, TA, Observer) from faculty when adding a user to their course. Has anyone else found a way to do this yet?Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I went to a school, CVTC, for 2 years before I transferred to another college. I signed out of the old CVTC account, where I no longer attend the school or have access to my canvas account. Now, when I go to the canvas app, it asks for my CVTC login,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The icons for my canvas classes are blinking and I cannot get into my classes. What can I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to add a student to my course, but I didn't see a "student role" on the drop down menu. What does "IS" stand for as a role?Thank you! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dropped students are still showing under "Current Enrollments" in mt course settings. Is there any way to delete them?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a blueprint course associated to about 50 other courses.  One of the teachers has edited their home page and now my blueprint syncs won't update his changed pages.  Is there anyway to force an update so even changes made to pages by teachers w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies