Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I enable or download the lock down browser in order to take quizzes and exams?  Is there a specific app to download onto the iPad?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas auto-save a student's work? A few of my students reported that there work from the previous day that had not yet been submitted has disappeared. Is there a way to recover it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I add my enrollment classes on my profile?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my weighted groups on the Gradebook isn't averaging all of the assignments from Connect. I have resynced, with no change. For example, a student has a grade of 100% on a SmartBook assignment and a 33.32% on the Ch. 1 Quiz. However, in the "Onl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble accessing documents that are being posted from google docs. Whenever I click on a link a screen pops up asking me to request access to the document and when I hit request I get an email on my personal email saying that my school a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,we just switched from Blackboard, and the gradebook is set up differently.  In BB there were 2 columns, one that had the total points (which I made unavailable to students) and another that has the weighted grade (I used a letter grade and %). ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello there fellow Canvas people! At this moment you get a shower of confetti when you hand in an assignment on time. On LinkedIn I saw a post with updates that are on the way where you will always get confetti for just handing in an assignment. I pe...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I don't see anything in the release notes, but there appears to have been a UI change to the event creation window in the Canvas calendar. Previously you could type start/end times into the event, but now the start/end times with drop-downs on the ha...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2022 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you have different Master Scales in ONE sub Account?Can a root Mastery Scale be different from a sub account scale/ 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get alerts for Quizzes? There is nothing in the Notifications Section that allows me to change it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach a course that on canvas consists of four merged sections. There are four ways to register for this course (math/CS grad/undergrad) but it's all the same course that meets at the same time in person.  I would like to create an attendance seati...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering if It was possible to stay logged into Canvas? I would like to bookmark my assignments but I get timed out and to search for my assignments 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i connect to google drive i dont understand the instructions

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Please helpHow to add Google Analytics or Yandex metrica to Canvas LMS?I want to see all visitors and other analytics to my Canvas system.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to figure out if Canvas has a way to create "invisible" assignments, where I can assign points to a student without them seeing the points or the assignment itself.My specific use case is that I always put an extra credit "easter egg" in ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can not figure out how to navigate or find anything about my course on Canvas.  I am concerned that there is a quiz I am supposed to take, but I am lost as to how to find it.  Please help.   Donnellyn Dominguez 817-994-0470 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question about exporting a user list in Canvas.  I can't find a way, and I also can't find any reference to it in the guide. What I'm actually after is a way to export users so I can see who hasn't accepted the invitation without scrolling t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a student. I have attempted to get into RP proctor by following the instructions in the module. I have downloaded the most upgraded browsers. I have made multiple attempts over the past several days. I have spoken to the help desk then to studen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't sync my grades because the option to import assignment groups id no longer available. It only says "Sync SIS categories" and when that option is selected the drop-down menus for the SIS category selections are empty. They all say "Unassociate...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

HiBeen trying to embed tiktok videos in Canvas and I found a solution that may help:In TikTok (Desktop version) Click on a video to play itRight click on the video and select 'copy video address'go to www.iframe-generator.com and paste the url,'Gener...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi Canvas Folks,We recently enabled the emojis in the Assignment Comments tool in our instance and are getting faculty complaints about not being able to see the text they are writing because it is being blocked by the new menu icon:  If you look at ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, I am new to Canvas. I have registered for an account and gotten one of my children added to my profile, so I am able to view grades and assignments.  I have 2 other children in a Hillsborough school, but they are in elementary school, and have...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The question banks I export from Examview (Wimba Diploma 6.72) in QTI 1.2 format will not import into Canvas.  I get the following message:Error: there was a problem importing your file.Error DetailsThe qti import failed.\nERROR: Unsupported QTI vers...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our students do not have a "pair observer" option in their settings.How do we help parents login?!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a teacher select to use the speed grader to grade her Google LTI submissions. There is no preview available for her to grade the work! What can we do?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have old redirect links that I would like to delete. I have removed them from student view, but I want to permanently delete them. I went under App Configurations for Redirect, but I do not have the option to delete the links. I have designer and i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good day,Is there a way to turn off the sequential order at the school level (all courses in the Canvas instance)?  Currently the only way I know how to turn off the sequential order is to edit each module in each course.   Thank you,Randy

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sometimes when grading New Quizzes in Speedgrader, you'll grade everything and hit the "Update" button, but then the grade won't carry over into the gradebook. If we have to use New Quizzes, then this should not be happening. I guess my question is: ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies