Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Our institution offers two courses per term using Mastery Paths. The last term and the current present various issues: the most serious one being that some students cannot view the whole content. In the diagnostic module, there is a test that divides...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I locate a student and view their assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So many posts but not one functional answer. I have a video uploaded into a Canvas course, I need the video to autoplay - Canvas support is not helpful at all so I'm led to believe that there is no solution. I was able to get a Youtube video to play ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hei, I`m a canvas beginner. I made a group with 4 persons under a subject. How can I add 2 more persons from my course? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to keep attendance but not count it toward students' grades. If not counted toward grades, can students view the daily roll call? What exactly do students see if I'm recording attendance but not counting it toward their grade?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am so lost this is my first time doing online !

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What does it mean when you press the STAR icon on a message?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student at Grossmont College. I'm trying to login to the Canvas system. It gives me a message saying that my browser is out of date. I am using Chrome. I tried to update it (using the update process that came up). It just gave me a screen with...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have my Essay created through Quiz, but I need to know once students complete, once I grade, will the students receive it back?This assignment is formative at the start of the school year, it does not go on report cards.  It is also just for my SGO...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to update my age so I can share my folio links.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been using a fully updated google chrome browser as a student and this keeps happening every time I log into canvas (see attached image).  Unsure of why this is happening, I cleared my browser's cache and history incase it was a chrome problem b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey I have been trying to get on canvas to do some of my online classwork but everytime i refresh the page its completely blank except for the side buttons but when i click on those it also loads blank. Is this just an issue i am having or is the sit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,New Canvas user here.We have two groups of students that attend class on different days (ie MWF vs TR).  The course/quizzes/exams are exactly the same for all students, just taught on different days.I need to assure that students, for example,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,I am wanting to find out whether there is an option to archive older cohorts and modules. There is a huge pile of older courses that are no longer in use and we do not want to delete them. I have tried finding information on how I can archive ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi!I just set up my apple laptop and when I get on canvas, none of my classes or information comes up.  Do you know why that is? I used the same password as I used on my iPhone.  The assignments come up on my iPhone, but is not very easy to type whil...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do you have to pair to your students each year in order to see their classes in the Dashboard for Canvas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to keep a simple button icon on the home page that has a link to a weekly training. I have already built the trainings for the year and set them to post as the week approaches. Is there a way to create a static or a single hyperlink link from ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My colleagues and I are having issues using the new "average" Proficiency Calculation setting. When setting up outcomes, they appear as they should on assignments and on the teacher view of the Learning Mastery Gradebook, but not on the student view....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can't access the modules page on my computer or any other computer just on my phone.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Watched the video and followed the instructions, however, I wasn't able to cross-list my 8th grade classes. There isn't any "Cross-list" tab that I see on my end.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am a website developer, and my company would like to integrate the Wordpress with Canvas. Let's say a student have an account on my website, and he doesn't need to register canvas anymore, he can access canvas directly via my website's account. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to be able to make a modification for a student that has special needs on a rubric attached to an assignment. Is it possible to make that modification in SpeedGrader for a particular student? In other words, if there is a criteria that does no...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

1. My canvas grading notifications don't seem to be working. I'm not being notified when a teacher grades or gives feedback on an assignment. The notifications are being sent to my school email address, and I think maybe that's the problem, but I'm n...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please explain how to open the closed eye icon.     

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where to find the join/parity code.?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas Homepage isn't allowing me to see my courses, or things to do etc on my laptop

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to using Canvas.  One of my students says he is locked out from clicking on assignments etc., while others say they can access them. Help please  TUmoorek881@macomb.edu Cheers, Kelly

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I (a teacher) assign students to assignment groups using the Canvas Scheduler? If so, would I be limited to only the students I teach ("my people") or could the scheduler be open to all students on a campus? Thanks. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am running into the issues of the 10 question grading limit for my assessments-I uploaded my tests as word docs and then set my bubble sheet answer key-- this took me about 15 hours to revise all of my test question and accurately correlate them to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies