Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, every time I long into my Canvas page it appears blank and only the icons on the left pop up. Even when I press on them, they take me to that assigned screen but nothing is showing up on the page.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,My Canvas is not fully loading, and I can only see the dashboard, calendar, and inbox tab. When I click on them, they are all blank.  I have tried clearing my caches, tried multiple browsers, and other solutions I have seen on this forum.  My c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I make someone on my canvas page when it says inactive right now? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The canvas website will not fully load. Nothing will show up, but what is on the file attached below. My mobile app works fine, but the website on my laptop will not work. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

one child has graduated so i no longer need to see him in Canvas  - how do i delete him so i only see the current active student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

upload syllabus

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i take a picture of a signed document and post it to a class on canvas to my teacher,  it is part of my homework assignment,

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Morning. I am look for the 800- number for canvas support. Thanks Carl

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, my course is starting but when I Open Canvas without any display, but it can be operated on the mobile phone, what should I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi, i logged into my student canvas and there is a blank screen on my laptop. How do I fix this issue and I also use a Chromebook OS .

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, How can Canvas work in philippines? I am from california and I have emergency travel coming up. 2 months ago, my friend said that canvas did not work on her laptop, but only on mobile phones. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you so much

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am relatively new to Canvas and trying to emulate things I've done with Google Forms.  Is It possible to force field formats using validations in Canvas?For example, in a quiz (which I am actually using as a signature form), I'd like a fill in the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am a university student and we use Canvas quite a bit. We migrated to the platform and I want to ensure I have a profile that's rounded out.I tried adding a cell phone to my Canvas profile. Since my number is a Verizon number, it insists in a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After assigning students to sections, their section designation does not appear in People view!?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When teaching two or more sections of the same class, it seems very easy to get them mixed up in Canvas. While you can determine which class is which, by viewing the header at the top, often I'm scrolled down where the header isn't visible, and even ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At the beginning of a new school year, I bulk import parents into Canvas.  I need to know which parents are already in Canvas.  The only information in Canvas that matches the information we have on our parents is their email.  When I run Canvas repo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

It says to enter pairing number 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, when I click on "Dashboard" on Canvas, the screen looks strange with just bunch of squares.  What does this mean?  I can't work on my courses nor syllabi uploading because none of these squares are clickable and there is no label on any of the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time it does the count down it immediately turns off.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This has been a problem that I have been having with my computer for a long time. Everytime I try to access Canvas it always shows this (see attached image), and I am unable to click on anything. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried resetting t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know if I have to wait for students to be added before cross listing sections.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My district did not renew LockDown Browser. However, all of my tests still have the requirement of Lockdown Browser saved in the settings. I can not access LockDown anymore to removed the requirement. I get a message to contact administration who hav...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am not able to get assignments and quizzes in Canvas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher and I am an observer for my own child. I used a different email than my school district email. When I log in, you can see I am an observer, but when I click on observing, it shows no student is being observed. How do I fix this? I subm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm importing an entire course that was made by a colleague who lives in a different timezone (Pacific), but I live in the Mountain timezone.  All the due dates for assignments and to-do dates for discussions show up on the calendar 1 hour too late. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, we want to assign peer review so that the students can review each other's papers. For instance, student A reviews student B's paper, and student B reviews student A's paper. Is there an easy way to do this in Canvas? Or do we have to just assign...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When i click on the courses I want to appear on my dashboard.  The star is highlighted but the couses will not appear on the dashboard.  The facilitator traing course I unstarred it and it will not go off the dashboard.I have contacted Virtual Arkans...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I sent a URL for a student to enroll in our course and they tried to access the course, but get an error message and cannot access the course. Error Message shows as: {"errors":[{"message":"An error occurred.","error_code":"unprocessable_entity"}]}

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies