Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We noticed an odd, buggy behavior in the new Canvas Assignment tool. When student submit assignments using Kaltura or Panopto plugin from the Canvas toolbar (maybe other video sources), the video appears twice in the submission box. Weirder yet, clic...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our Canvas instance has several "Sandbox" courses for instructors to use to try out new things. Often those courses' End Dates pass and I am asked to extend them because they have dropped off of the instructor's Dashboard. Sometimes, after I (an Admi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just imported last year's outcomes into my brand new not-yet-published course. However, I realized I already created all the edits in a different class so I want to delete these outcomes, and reimport. I have NO assignments or rubrics created for t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to copy an already set calendar entry to a date later in the month without having to re-enter all the details.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking forward to learning more about this forum and its purposes., My name is Emmanuel Exson Muyenza from Malawi, East Africa, I have lived in the US for 29 years and worked as Therapist in Addiction Field for many years,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All.After some more testing it appears as though the Microsoft Teams Sync integration along with some LTI settings get copied over from Canvas production to the test and beta environments with each weekly/monthly refresh. This means that its possi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I am interest in analytics for groups at the institution level. Is this available at all?From what I have seen here, it currently sounds like I'd need to look up each group member individually to see their usage. However, I'm not interested in ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when I sync my grades from canvas to Infinite campus, the only thing that transfers over are the names of the assignments and not the grades....please let me know what I am doing wrong. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is Canvas for Android easy to use?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas isn't loading all of the icons on the side and none of my classes are loading and it's just doing this when I'm using my MacBook Pro but when I use a school computer it works. So I was wondering if you could get back to me. Here is my numbe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how can I remove the library homepage from my course list and dashboard?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once a parent is set-up in Canvas and has a parent account, will that registration transfer from year to year until they exit the district?Ex: Parents sign up with their middle schooler, do they sign up again for high school or do they stay registere...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason, the main Outcomes groups under which our sub-Outcomes groups live have no labels and are blank. A drop-down arrow exists and if you click them, the sub-groups do have labels -- but many instructors won't think to click the first drop...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Myself and another teacher on our Campus have had issues with links and Google LTI assignments not opening. Basically, anything that takes students outside of Canvas is not working.Any ideas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Buenas, tengo la app descargada tanto en mi celu como en mi iPad, pero desde el cambio de página de la universidad para ingresar no me funciona la app del iPad pero si en el celu. El problema en su momento fue porque cerré sesión en mi iPad y desde a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to create a question bank in new quizzes so that is accessible by all teachers in the course. Is this possible?  Whenever I try it always shows up under All Courses and I have to manually share the questions banks to each teacher.  Is th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On discussion posts, students are able to see who authored a discussion post and when it was last edited. Is there a way to disable this or hide the author?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you disable files so your students can access it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How we can add a camp event to the calendar without adding each day alone?Such as the camp start on Thursday till Saturday, so there is no option to put the date From and the date To.Please advise

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-12-2024 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I change the start date to make it earlier. When I did an import, it adjusted my dates and I didn't double check them

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi CommunityHave discovered this on a couple of occasions.We use a quiz for our training delivery evaluations.  A quiz was copied from another course to use in a new course.For example, the quiz showed that 9 students completed it, and when the excel...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am unable to rearrange my Canvas courses in the Dashboard. I was still able to do this just 2 months ago, but now it won’t work. Tried Google Chrome, Firefox and Opera browser on my laptop but still cannot rearrange the courses. Any help will b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hi communityAre there any settings that can be used to not show a second or third assessment submission as a late submission, other than editing the assignment and providing an individual due date for the second or third attempt?Any guidance is appre...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good evening,I am wanting to de-cross fit my sections, but it's not allowing me to.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to mark assignments as done on canvas but there is no mark as done button, or mark as a completed button. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher in LISD. I already have a Canvas account.Can you please help me pair my child's Canvas to my LISD account? Thankyou

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, relatively new to Canvas here.Is there a way to show/hide (publish/unpublish?) course content (e.g. a file) to only a particular section of students?Example use cases:One class (section) has a slightly different 'term overview' to another due to ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

im am a 10th grader and I have multiple honors classes , which I get a lot of home work and every time I log into ccps and click on canvas I get brought to a white page with only dashboard , I can't go to any of my classes or even click courses becau...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to organise the Assessor Comment Library after comments have been added 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies