Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am a teacher in LISD. I already have a Canvas account.Can you please help me pair my child's Canvas to my LISD account? Thankyou

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, relatively new to Canvas here.Is there a way to show/hide (publish/unpublish?) course content (e.g. a file) to only a particular section of students?Example use cases:One class (section) has a slightly different 'term overview' to another due to ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

im am a 10th grader and I have multiple honors classes , which I get a lot of home work and every time I log into ccps and click on canvas I get brought to a white page with only dashboard , I can't go to any of my classes or even click courses becau...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to organise the Assessor Comment Library after comments have been added 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Un saludo a toda la comunidad,Busco ayuda para crear un perfil que pueda ser observador pero a nivel de cuenta, no de curso, es decir, que pueda ingresar y visualizar movimientos, actividades, foros, calificaciones, recursos, movimientos, vista de us...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I copied a Teaching Plan into each of my modules and started editing them. I just realized that as I edit, it is not only editing the specific module that I am working on, it is also editing all of the module teaching plans that I copied. Therefore I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I want to build the reading in my modules for my class.  What are some ways to get to and list current readings assignments? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I hide completed courses from my dashboard? I clicked the star and they were hidden. After the date the course was scheduled to end, they all reappeared. The star is still white but all classes reappeared on my dashboard.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,My Dashboard is still showing my child's previous middle school announcements and I am unable to view her current classes at her new school. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can emojis be used in Assignment names that will be synced with Synergy SIS?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A year or two ago I changed my name but then the feature was removed. Can my name somehow be reset back to ANGEL RIOS? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The survey I am creating is a poll of the students' answers for each question. This is not a graded assignment, but will facilitate discussion. How do I view the results of an ungraded survey?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a teacher getting an error message when trying to use Grade Passback. See attachment. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have cross sectioned two classes.  One is syncing with powerschool and the other isn't syncing with powerschool.  All assignments and point values are the same.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When downloading assignments in bulk, the zip file contains files which are named with the student name.Can the filename be configured to include the student id field?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My settings don't show an option for cross listing courses with two different course numbers. i need to  combine a grad and an ugrad section into one for content sharing. all the other answers tell me to cross list.  is there any other option?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I've successfully had my students synce their Canvas calendar with their Google Calendar, however, only events are syncing NOT assignments, is that an error on my end or are Canvas Assignments not able to sync? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I duplicate a module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good afternoon all,Let's say our Canvas has a page at:https://univ.instructure.com/courses/1200/pages/helloworldWithin it is an html element to which I have given the id "Research&ManInfo"S0, if I wish to point to this element within the url, I const...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I teach high school Algebra 1. I randomize the quiz questions so each student gets them in a different order, but we always have a constructed response on paper. Our workaround for this using the gradebook is to make an essay question where they ackn...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a Mastery Path and using a Classic Quiz as the trigger item, an instructor can immediately see the breakdown of which student fell into which Mastery Path (picture). In a New Quiz, this breakdown does not exist, so instructors would hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Anyone can advise me on how to create a push a separate sandbox course to all teachers accounts on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a feature to filter out early submissions and give extra points to early submissions? I understand the gradebook and be exported, modified and uploaded back but this is extremely error prone. Thanks in advance for your feedback

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an admin for the first time for a high school that has a handful of beginning users of Canvas. I have had a tricky FERPA question brought up by a Canvas teacher user: a teacher is beginning the school year with students in a discipline alternati...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I disable Canvas Calendar?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

the export course content button is gone in the previous courses, is there way that I can export them?  How do I view course content offline as an ePub fi... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)How do I export a Canvas course? - Instructure Commun...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a teacher and a parent. I paired with one of my own children. I thought it was for only the 21-22 school year. I am now getting unwanted emails.  When I look in his account or mine, I can not find where I am paired. What can I do to be un...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a rule set for an assignment group to drop the lowest score.However, a few of my students cheated on a few of the quizzes, so I gave them a zero for those particular assignments. Problem is, Canvas drops the Zero that I want them to keep.Anyon...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm in the process of setting up my Canvas site for the fall and everytime I click on Home to set up my welcome page - it automatically is going to the Syllabus page. Help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The interactive videos on canvas only have the options to decrease playback speed (0.25x and 0.5x). I've tried to work around it using the Video Speed Controller extension on Chrome, but it does not affect it. Is there any other way to increase video...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies